Author Topic: FOT Extra-Curricular Activities Bulletin Board  (Read 201074 times)

Beth

• Space Champion!
Re: FOT Extra-Curricular Activities Bulletin Board
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2007, 10:33:51 PM »

Beth, I went to Montclair undergrad and used to work at the Montclair Book Center my freshman year (1990), which is where I discovered WFMU.  I didn't yet understand the concept of a job - I got paid three dollars and change an hour, often opted to be paid in used books, and didn't really do any work - I mostly hid upstairs and read weird wingnut books (RE/Search, Church of the Subgenius, Late Great Planet Earth, that sort of thing).  This was a great arrangement until I actually had to pay for stuff, like rent.  I've been back to visit - sort of the triumphant prodigal son - and might wind up teaching there someday, though it's hard to justify taking on a one-class adjunct gig.  I wish Montclair had more theater since the Whole Theater closed; they have that Luna Stage, but that's run by maniacs.

I remember hearing horror stories all the time about Luna stage from my middle school math tutor--who acted in plays over there.

ah, montclair. it was a fun place to grow up i guess. my parents still live in the same house. i'm more appreciative of it now--looking back-- then i was at the time....i was too busy dressing in black and being a miserable teenager.  i wound up transferring out of the public high school to go to boarding school, and i'm glad i did. that place was a mess.

i  discovered WFMU in montclair as well, although well after you did. i was 8 in 1990.  it's amazing how consistent they've remained over the years though. it's still just as interesting, fun and eclectic as the first day i tuned in.

John Junk

« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2007, 04:51:51 AM »
Barn Theatre anyone?  I guess that's in Montville N.J.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2007, 06:45:39 AM »
I would ask Jason to change this to the New Jersey community theater thread, except that I have other extracurricular activities coming up.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Miss

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2007, 03:25:00 PM »
These are things I do.

Well, kinda. I started putting some of my handmade stuff on Etsy.com.

Just throwing it out there. More to be added in the future.

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5437940

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2007, 10:30:48 PM »
These are things I do.

Well, kinda. I started putting some of my handmade stuff on Etsy.com.

Just throwing it out there. More to be added in the future.

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5437940

BEES?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrDGcmAVQ4U[/youtube]
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

Miss

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2007, 10:41:24 PM »
BEES?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrDGcmAVQ4U[/youtube]

hey now. not nice!

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2007, 11:43:57 PM »
oh shush

you know we're BFFOT
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

Miss

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2007, 12:21:38 AM »
you know we're BFFOT

best friends forever of tom? :) i like it!!

kenkwan

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2007, 02:37:34 PM »
Swissmiss, I think those necklaces are cute!

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2007, 03:13:30 PM »
Ditto - you want props, Swiss, I'll give you props!

Beth, if for some reason it's easier for you to get to Austin than Williamsburg, my weird Xmas play is also being done here:

“Eleven years? That’s like a friggin institution.”

Eleven years later, it’s still going strong. We’re squeezing as many people as we can into the downtown Little City Coffee and Espresso House. We’re all going to sing “White Christmas.” Then, we’re going to watch ten 5-minutes pieces from the SVT Holiday Players all inspired by the word “cheer”!

“Wait. Wait. Wait. How does this work?”

Well, the goal is to create ten five-minute pieces based on a mystery holiday theme word (this year it's ‘cheer’) and use actors, writers, poets, musicians and directors the company has associated with in its storied past. Only four hours of rehearsal for each piece is allowed and the entire haberdashery is presented in the confines of Little City Coffee House and Espresso Bar (916 Congress Ave).

Check out who we’ve got rooked into this holiday extravaganza:
Writers: Abi Basch, Wayne Brenner, Christopher Shea, Shannon McCormick, Jason Grote, and Kirk Lynn.
Performers: Let’s just say we’ve got the cream of the SVT Holiday Players at our disposal!
Plus spoken word poetry by Hilary Thomas and music with Adam Sultan!

DECEMBER 7th & 8th @ 9PM
LIttle City Coffee And Espresso Bar
916 Congress Avenue
$7- $35
Reservations not necessary! Just show up at the door!
for More information, visit: http://www.salvagevanguard.org
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Miss

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2007, 03:55:14 PM »
thanks for the compliments. i wasn't fishing, i just need to make some money. :)

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2007, 06:18:01 PM »
Ditto - you want props, Swiss, I'll give you props!

Beth, if for some reason it's easier for you to get to Austin than Williamsburg, my weird Xmas play is also being done here:

“Eleven years? That’s like a friggin institution.”

Eleven years later, it’s still going strong. We’re squeezing as many people as we can into the downtown Little City Coffee and Espresso House. We’re all going to sing “White Christmas.” Then, we’re going to watch ten 5-minutes pieces from the SVT Holiday Players all inspired by the word “cheer”!

“Wait. Wait. Wait. How does this work?”

Well, the goal is to create ten five-minute pieces based on a mystery holiday theme word (this year it's ‘cheer’) and use actors, writers, poets, musicians and directors the company has associated with in its storied past. Only four hours of rehearsal for each piece is allowed and the entire haberdashery is presented in the confines of Little City Coffee House and Espresso Bar (916 Congress Ave).

Check out who we’ve got rooked into this holiday extravaganza:
Writers: Abi Basch, Wayne Brenner, Christopher Shea, Shannon McCormick, Jason Grote, and Kirk Lynn.
Performers: Let’s just say we’ve got the cream of the SVT Holiday Players at our disposal!
Plus spoken word poetry by Hilary Thomas and music with Adam Sultan!

DECEMBER 7th & 8th @ 9PM
LIttle City Coffee And Espresso Bar
916 Congress Avenue
$7- $35
Reservations not necessary! Just show up at the door!
for More information, visit: http://www.salvagevanguard.org

I am in love with that flier!

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2007, 06:28:39 PM »
Another plug for another friend. My dear friend John directed a music video for the band O'Death this summer, and it's going to be on MTV2 this sunday  night/monday morning at 1 am. So if anyone has nothing to do at 1am on a monday morning AND gets MTV2, they should watch, and give it some hits, or whatever they call it when people watch tv. I am without tv because i am out in the sticks. someone cover for me!

This is the video:
[youtube]I30V12T51SI[/youtube]

I'm in it actually, in the background somewhere (orange feather in my hair). There's a really horrifying closeup where I laugh maniacally, and it looks like I'm wasted, but it's just because my friend nick was making me laugh. But yeah, we all worked really hard puppeting those skeletons and doing the stop motion for the rowboat, and my kitchen table even has a guest spot in the saloon.
John deserves lots of plugs because he's very talented so I'm linking to his website as well

http://www.muckfilm.com

A.M. Thomas

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2007, 06:40:50 PM »
I occasionally make tape sculptures and put them around town.

I only have a few pictures online, though.  Check them out:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tmarminio/

I'm not a chicken,  you're a turkey.

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2007, 06:45:19 PM »
I occasionally make tape sculptures and put them around town.

I only have a few pictures online, though.  Check them out:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tmarminio/

I like the lady laughing at the tape child. Those are pretty sweet! Is it just scotch tape?