Author Topic: New York bars?  (Read 7454 times)

Gregory

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: New York bars?
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2007, 04:19:26 PM »
I went to Barcade for the first time last night...

probably won't be going back anytime soon

Ohhh this makes me so, so sad.
Did you not enjoy playing Rampage and drinking obscure beers with the word "climax" in their names?

Actually, I really liked the game where you were the bear and you had to get the gems. Crystal Castles.

John Junk

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2007, 05:56:50 PM »
I just thought Gregory was being dismissive and understated.  Nothing ironic about saying you won't be going back somewhere anytime soon if you won't be going back to that place anytime soon.  Am I right?  Unless you're saying it's "ironic" to scoff at things that you're supposed to enjoy and think are fun, which is somewhat unfair because not everyone thinks the same things are fun, and "fun" is a societal construct anyway. 

sonyasonya

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2007, 06:43:55 PM »
Oh, I was more referring to this: "I hear ya broham, "Fun" is sooooo 2004."

or this: "Ohhh this makes me so, so sad.
Did you not enjoy playing Rampage and drinking obscure beers with the word "climax" in their names?"

I still honestly can't tell if these folks liked it or hated it!! 

I am sure that Barcade is not for everyone.

John Junk

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2007, 07:37:19 PM »
Oh, gotcha.  I don't think that was ironic.  I think that was post-ironic, where you're actually sincere, but using a kind of disbelieving and sarcastic tone anyway.  And in the questionable term "post-ironic", the prefix "post-" is not "ironic", although it may be snarky.

christine

• Policemans heel
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2007, 01:46:42 AM »
or this: "Ohhh this makes me so, so sad.
Did you not enjoy playing Rampage and drinking obscure beers with the word "climax" in their names?"

I still honestly can't tell if these folks liked it or hated it!! 

Oh, I totally meant this!  I actually had my birthday party at Barcade this year.

I can totally understand the non-appeal of Barcade, though.  It can get overwhelmingly crowded and the patrons tend to make me feel bad about the way I'm dressed, but I really don't feel like you can argue with a room full of video games & booze, and besides all that, the ladies room contains my favorite piece of bathroom graffiti of all time.

I do think Climax is a funny name for a beer, though.

sonyasonya

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2007, 02:52:33 AM »
Oh good, because I really had a lot of fun when I went there too, and I don't even like arcades!!

Ironic-ness is confusing.