Author Topic: Shady Characters  (Read 80537 times)

Sarah

Re: Shady Characters
« Reply #240 on: February 03, 2010, 12:26:48 AM »
That's David Tennant without his Who makeup.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #241 on: April 20, 2010, 07:20:12 PM »
Guru's "friend and producer" Solar. What a creep.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Music/04/20/rapper.guru.dies/

waltkellysghost

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #242 on: April 20, 2010, 07:34:17 PM »

Parents Fight Over Which Gang Toddler Should Join
Police: Mother A Crip, Father A Westside Baller

COMMERCE CITY, Colo. -- A couple fighting about which gang their 4-year-old toddler should join caused a public disturbance that resulted in the father's arrest, Commerce City police said Thursday.
On Saturday, Joseph Manzanares stormed into the Hollywood Video store where his girlfriend worked, threatened to kill her and knocked over several video displays and even a computer, Commerce City police Sgt. Joe Sandoval said.
After he ran out of the store, police were called and the 19-year-old was arrested at his home.

His girlfriend told police that they had been arguing about the upbringing of their son and which gang he should belong to. The teen mother, who is black, is a member of the Crips. Manzanares is Hispanic and belongs to the Westside Ballers gang, the woman said.
"They have different ideas on how the baby should be raised. Basically, she said they cannot agree on which gang the baby would 'claim,'" Sandoval said.
Manzanares was charged with disorderly conduct, harassment, and domestic violence. He was transported to the Adams County Detention Facility.
On Tuesday, he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and was sentenced to a year of probation. The misdemeanor harassment charge was dropped.

Bad parents want their kids to be just like them.

Good parents want their kids to be better than them.

waltkellysghost

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #243 on: April 20, 2010, 07:38:21 PM »

According to Norwegian site VG Nett, bus driver Andreas Jankov has formally changed his name to Julius Andreas Gimli Arn MacGyver Chewbacka Highlander Elessar-Jankov. "I wanted to show that it is possible to be serious and at the same time take the name you like," said the film enthusiast. "I wanted to see how far I could take it with respect to the number of names. I started thinking about this three years ago and it was approved in January this year." Apparently, he's had his passport and bank card reissued, but the name was too long so he dropped "Highlander."

Not strictly shady, I suppose, but certainly bee-zarrrr.

I love to see people living their dreams. Even if the dream doesn't make sense.

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #244 on: April 20, 2010, 07:49:29 PM »
Guru's "friend and producer" Solar. What a creep.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Music/04/20/rapper.guru.dies/

I read about this situation this morning and it makes his death even sadder.  I actually wondered at first if this guy was MC Solaar (nope).

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #245 on: April 20, 2010, 08:05:32 PM »
As a big fan of 80s groove/disco label Sound of Los Angeles Records (SOLAR) I was also confused at first.

slipperyslope

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #246 on: April 21, 2010, 08:36:31 AM »

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #247 on: April 21, 2010, 08:09:38 PM »
Ah, the guy's out there doing some good with his billions...

waltkellysghost

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #248 on: July 08, 2010, 12:41:25 AM »

"Hey, you forgot to not do that."  - Todd Barry

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/21949720/detail.html
For a second I confused his lip rings for fangs.