Author Topic: I made a video! Tom helped! It's Funny!  (Read 6186 times)

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
Re: I made a video! Tom helped! It's Funny!
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2008, 11:44:49 AM »
Yeah,
Jason-

I went back for Act 2 because I love seeing a huge thing fail to its completion. And I was curious about "Puttin' On The Ritz," which was crowd-pleasing, because it was a song written by Irving Berlin. And no, I didn't pay for it: it was part of my community service for this thing I did to a guy one time (I regret nothing).

Yeah, I could see that being the house-bringer-downer, like "Springtime for Hitler" was in The Producers.  I don't want to know what you did to that guy to make you have to (or, god forbid, "get to" go to that thing, though).

BUT LISTEN!

I posted your video to my blog, which these days consists of either me whining about how theater sucks or posting funny things I get from this board, and this guy at ArtsJournal, who I do not know, picked it up:

http://www.artsjournal.com/bookdaddy/2008/01/vomit_blood_and_comic_indignit.html

I feel like the first person to get a deadly virus!!!
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Julie Klausner

• Policemans heel
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2008, 11:39:15 PM »
Whoa! Thanks, Jason: that "Book Daddy" character seems like he means bizness.

Tim- at the risk of giving anything away, is your recipe for bluefish jelly donut "stick a bluefish in a jelly donut"? because that's my favorite R.L. Burnside song EVER.

crimestick-Thanks for your kind words, and for alerting me about my videos on ucbcomedy.com so I can sue Matt Walsh.

Tim K in DC

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2008, 12:16:43 AM »

Tim- at the risk of giving anything away, is your recipe for bluefish jelly donut "stick a bluefish in a jelly donut"? because that's my favorite R.L. Burnside song EVER.

Nope. It's kind of the other way around. Think 'turducken.'
- Killing FOT threads dead since July 24, 2006 -

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2008, 09:50:09 AM »

Julie, if you get a book deal out of this, I want a free copy.  On the other hand, if you find Book Daddy waiting outside of your building, I had nothing to do with it.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2008, 11:53:03 PM »
What about Cat News!!!!
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

Julie Klausner

• Policemans heel
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2008, 12:12:34 AM »
Josh,

Here's what Smiley's been up to since she pulled a Howard Beale...

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2008, 11:30:47 AM »

Julie, if you get a book deal out of this, I want a free copy.  On the other hand, if you find Book Daddy waiting outside of your building, I had nothing to do with it.

Aiello's lost some weight

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2008, 11:38:58 AM »
Josh,

Here's what Smiley's been up to since she pulled a Howard Beale...

EPIC AWWWWWs
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

Laurie

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2008, 11:41:34 AM »
Awwwww. I love Cat News.

Is Smiley a pterodactyl polydactyl?

Julie Klausner

• Policemans heel
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2008, 06:36:59 PM »
Haha...no, Smiley's got a normal amount of toes.

The cat who was supposed to be "interviewed" in that episode, Mugsy, is indeed a "mitten cat," with freakish thumbs.

But once we got to Mugsy's apartment and the camera was on, she TOTALLY CHOKED. She couldn't hold it together. We came back to my place and re-shot it with Smiley, who is a PRO.