Author Topic: I Don't Get It '08  (Read 32915 times)

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
Re: I Don't Get It '08
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2008, 10:12:24 PM »
Plus, the 12 saved dollars can go toward my subscription to Cheap Bastards Monthly.

I usually just flip through Cheap Bastards Monthly at the newsstand.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

emma

« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2008, 10:16:03 PM »
The fatal flaw in that plan: if the guy who owns the newsstand is a subscriber, you know he's gonna see you and make you pay for it.

Susannah

« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2008, 10:19:20 PM »
Wii, and Wii parties.  I hate all videogames anyway, but this is too much.  No, I don't want to go over the your house to play Wii tennis...but I do want to play tennis.  There's an empty park next door. Let's play!

Hey, you know what sounds like more fun than going over to your apartment to play Wii bowling?  Actually going bowling.  I'll drive.

I had to add this too: any guy (or girl, I guess) whose idea of a fun date is to invite you over to watch him (or her) play Guitar Hero, Rock Band, or any variation thereof.  I hate you.  What were you thinking?

gravy boat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2008, 09:15:32 AM »
My 13 year-old nephew came over this weekend.  I can add something else to the list -- Ultimate Fighting.

Horrr-ifying.

I felt like Tipper Gore being forced to listen to NWA. 

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2008, 09:35:07 AM »
Wii, and Wii parties.  I hate all videogames anyway, but this is too much.  No, I don't want to go over the your house to play Wii tennis...but I do want to play tennis.  There's an empty park next door. Let's play!

Hey, you know what sounds like more fun than going over to your apartment to play Wii bowling?  Actually going bowling.  I'll drive.

I had to add this too: any guy (or girl, I guess) whose idea of a fun date is to invite you over to watch him (or her) play Guitar Hero, Rock Band, or any variation thereof.  I hate you.  What were you thinking?

And why play chess when you can start real wars?

andrew in philadelphia

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2008, 09:53:04 AM »

so sad that some people can't appreciate the charm that stale beer, $2 nachos, plumes of cigarette smoke, and rented footwear have to offer. video bowling can't replicate any of these wonders and I wouldn't do it for all the change in the bowling alley bathroom condom machine.. 

andrew in philadelphia

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2008, 09:55:21 AM »

I love my totally old school blue liquid in a jar barber.

the name for that junk? barbicide.

ericluxury

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2008, 10:15:31 AM »

so sad that some people can't appreciate the charm that stale beer, $2 nachos, plumes of cigarette smoke, and rented footwear have to offer. video bowling can't replicate any of these wonders and I wouldn't do it for all the change in the bowling alley bathroom condom machine.. 

So what are the upper class activities you are doing? The only shitty part of that is the second-hand cigarette smoke (which if you live in a state where that is legal, good luck going to any place with alcohol, even your precious chardonnay, and not being surrounded by smoke).

Bowling is fun. You should loosen your ascot and enjoy fun stuff or go shop for a coffin.

andrew in philadelphia

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2008, 10:51:56 AM »

So what are the upper class activities you are doing? The only shitty part of that is the second-hand cigarette smoke (which if you live in a state where that is legal, good luck going to any place with alcohol, even your precious chardonnay, and not being surrounded by smoke).

Bowling is fun. You should loosen your ascot and enjoy fun stuff or go shop for a coffin.

luxurious one,

i pretty much knew the second i hit "post" that someone would take that wrong way. there's really no accounting for tone or sarcasm on message boards.

what's that old proverb? oh, yeah: "judge me not lest ye lived a month in my bowling alley.." or something like that.

my point was that stale beer, nachos, rented shoes and, to some extent, cigarette smoke are the things i LIKE about going bowling. by that i mean they're the little magic touches that can't be replicated by some weird video game. it's all part of the experience. without it - it ain't bowling. i also like coming up with a funny name for myself to appear on the score viewer thing. oh, and the crane machine - that's pretty happening too. 

i don't know anything about chardonnay, or what constitutes an "upper class activity" (burning money for kicks, caviar eating contests, hunting the poor for sport?) - but the ascot comment made me chuckle.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2008, 10:57:47 AM »
I'm in Vegas.

I don't get Hummer limos. They're like a big fuck you to everyone - poor people, people with smaller cars, environmentalists... just horrible.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2008, 11:05:49 AM »
I'm in Vegas.

I don't get Hummer limos. They're like a big fuck you to everyone - poor people, people with smaller cars, environmentalists... just horrible.

exactly.  they just took a thing and made it worse.

ericluxury

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2008, 11:08:49 AM »
ah...the it in the sentence 'video bowling can't replicate these wonders and I wouldn't do it for all the change...' I thought refered to actual bowling rather than video bowling. once it was clarified, it was obvious. someone made fun of me on a fotchan thread about taking things too seriously. they was right.

I don't get it:
- How political punditry becomes political fact. Some idiots say their opinions about stuff that actually happened and repeat eachother's opinions and somehow the event is colored in a certain way or we have a new made-up fact. Whether its Howard Dean's not-real scream or the Jeremiah Wright episode or '00 election or the way the war happened, it just doesn't make any sense to me.

andrew in philadelphia

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2008, 12:40:40 PM »
ah...the it in the sentence 'video bowling can't replicate these wonders and I wouldn't do it for all the change...' I thought refered to actual bowling rather than video bowling. once it was clarified, it was obvious. someone made fun of me on a fotchan thread about taking things too seriously. they was right.

it was actually pretty funny. it made me think of the scene in "the godfather" where sonny is in the kitchen with his wife and the screaming baby - and you can just see all the twitchy rage in him he's trying so hard to contain (but failing.) then he gets the call from connie that carlo's been smacking her and all heck breaks loose..

please keep taking things entirely too seriously. i'm sure there's a constructive or, at the very least, funny way to put all that name-calling to good use. the chardonnay and ascot stuff still has me laughing. cheers. 

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2008, 12:45:10 PM »
Puffy sleeves winning Project Runway and Richard mixing white chocolate with wasabi on Top Chef.

Wussup, Bravo? I don't get it!!!
from the land of pleasant living

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2008, 01:31:16 PM »

I love my totally old school blue liquid in a jar barber.

the name for that junk? barbicide.

Every time I see stuff, that I always think it sounds like something manufactured to kill barbers.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.