Author Topic: Maps, Charts, and Shit  (Read 85973 times)

erika

• Space Champion!
Re: Maps, Charts, and Shit
« Reply #195 on: August 19, 2009, 04:34:58 PM »
from the land of pleasant living

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #196 on: August 21, 2009, 01:30:13 PM »

Hmmmmmmm.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

AndrewVDill

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #197 on: August 27, 2009, 11:26:38 AM »
You'll like it in hell; it's a lot like New Jersey.

AllisonLeGnome

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #198 on: August 29, 2009, 01:22:19 AM »

Not a map or chart, but probably part of the "shit":

Absurdly comprehensive List of Legendary Creatures

AndrewVDill

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #199 on: September 18, 2009, 01:53:04 PM »
You'll like it in hell; it's a lot like New Jersey.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #200 on: September 25, 2009, 04:02:18 PM »
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #201 on: September 25, 2009, 04:32:51 PM »
Those numbers looked strange to me, so I did a search.  Here's Gallup's numbers for the same question for this month:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/123161/Republican-Party-Image-Improves-Trails-Democrats.aspx

Favorable ratings of the Republican Party, by region:

East             37
Midwest        42
South           44
West            37

That seems more accurate given party registrations.  It wouldn't surprise me to see overall GOP favorability in the East at, say, 30% in some polls, but 7% is ridiculous.  Not ridiculous for Manhattan, for example, but ridiculous for the whole region, which includes upstate NY and central PA, after all.  Rick Santorum didn't lose 85%-15%.

Fredericks' posting comes from a Washington Monthly columnist's (wrong) interpretation of a Research 2000 poll for DailyKOS.  The poll was actually about Congressional Republicans, not the Republican Party.

The Republican Party is more popular in the South, but not that much more.  Something's wrong when polls in the same week are so far apart, and when the regions are that far off.

I apologize for my wonkery, but analyzing data is a good bit of what I get paid for.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #202 on: September 26, 2009, 12:46:51 AM »
face.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Sarah

« Reply #203 on: September 26, 2009, 08:52:21 AM »
Buffcoat's version is much more believable.

Sarah

« Reply #204 on: September 26, 2009, 08:53:45 AM »
Unfortunately.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #205 on: September 26, 2009, 10:49:01 AM »
Those numbers looked strange to me, so I did a search.  Here's Gallup's numbers for the same question for this month:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/123161/Republican-Party-Image-Improves-Trails-Democrats.aspx

Favorable ratings of the Republican Party, by region:

East             37
Midwest        42
South           44
West            37

That seems more accurate given party registrations.  It wouldn't surprise me to see overall GOP favorability in the East at, say, 30% in some polls, but 7% is ridiculous.  Not ridiculous for Manhattan, for example, but ridiculous for the whole region, which includes upstate NY and central PA, after all.  Rick Santorum didn't lose 85%-15%.

Fredericks' posting comes from a Washington Monthly columnist's (wrong) interpretation of a Research 2000 poll for DailyKOS.  The poll was actually about Congressional Republicans, not the Republican Party.

The Republican Party is more popular in the South, but not that much more.  Something's wrong when polls in the same week are so far apart, and when the regions are that far off.

I apologize for my wonkery, but analyzing data is a good bit of what I get paid for.

Appreciate the clarification Buffer.   I still have a much cooler picture.  And you know the olde cliche:  A picture.....
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #206 on: September 26, 2009, 02:18:24 PM »
Appreciate the clarification Buffer.   I still have a much cooler picture.  And you know the olde cliche:  A picture.....

Especially since it looks like every region is Flipping The Bird. Can the Republican party split into the "Crazy Ass Republicans" and the "Actual Republicans" and the Democrats can split into the "Who Are We Kidding We're Not Really Democrats" and the "Actual Democrats"? It would make it easier for everyone involved.

Sarah

« Reply #207 on: September 26, 2009, 02:58:04 PM »
Don't you think the Actual Republicans might as well merge with the WAWKWNRD while they're at it?

chrisfoll577

« Reply #208 on: September 26, 2009, 03:05:30 PM »
Don't you think the Actual Republicans might as well merge with the WAWKWNRD while they're at it?

No, because WAWKWNRD's like me would probably annoy them with our residual affection for FDR, JFK, Social Security and mild distrust of the rich.  But maybe we could bond over Ronald Reagan and Joe Lieberman.

Sploops

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #209 on: September 29, 2009, 09:14:10 PM »