Author Topic: What Are You Listening To Right This Very Second?  (Read 1056278 times)

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Very Second?
« Reply #3435 on: January 01, 2013, 01:15:11 AM »
Angelic Upstarts, Cockney Rejects, Marionetz, Mutants, The Panics, Razors, Sham 69, The Symptoms, Toy Love, 4 Skins, Anti-Pasti, Defnics, Disrupters, Infa Riot, Newtown Neurotics, Nuclear Socketts, The Nuns, Satan 81, Tenpole Tudor, The Dark, A-Heads, Attak, Chelsea, Expelled, Farmacia de Guardia, One Way System, Red Alert, The Violators, Channel 3, Conflict, DOA, Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Cretins, Siniestro Total, Black Flag, Ramones, Legiao Urbana, Hard Ons, The Mr T Experience, and The Proton Energy Pills. 121 minutes.

NJL

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3436 on: January 01, 2013, 02:02:34 AM »
Is it Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds. Is that the only thing that guy is known for?

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3437 on: January 01, 2013, 10:02:40 AM »
Feeling much better, thanks!
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3438 on: January 01, 2013, 10:22:57 AM »
From Forwhatitsworthipedia, "Wayne wrote approximately 3,000 advertising jingles in the 1970s which appeared on television in the United Kingdom, notably a Gordon's Gin commercial which was covered by The Human League. Wayne also composed numerous well-known television themes, including Good Morning Britain (TV-am), ITV's The Big Match and The World of Sport, BBC's 60 Minutes, and for 24 years, the UK's first news radio station, LBC. Wayne wrote feature film and documentary film scores and was musical director for various artists. Wayne published a book called The Book of Tennis and created, produced and scored eight thirty-minute episodes of The Book of Tennis Chronicles that was distributed by Fox Sports in approximately twenty countries, and was broadcast in the US on The Tennis Channel between 2005 and 2008."

Greggulator

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #3439 on: January 01, 2013, 01:37:24 PM »

My man came through with a clutch surprise Christmas/birthday present. This album rules it on every level possible.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3440 on: January 01, 2013, 03:26:52 PM »
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3441 on: January 05, 2013, 11:55:59 AM »
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3442 on: January 22, 2013, 05:29:00 PM »

I'm not the world's biggest YLT fan, but this is really an excellent album.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!

Kormodd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Ever do nothing and gain nothing from it?
Ever feel stupid and then know that you really are?
Ever think you're smart and then find out you aren't?
Ever play the fool and then find out that you're worse?

moonshake

« Reply #3445 on: January 25, 2013, 12:13:48 AM »

I'm not the world's biggest YLT fan, but this is really an excellent album.
I've been listening to it a lot- it's a grower! I think it just knocked Summer Sun off the #2 spot on my list of favorite YLT albums.
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling

not that clay

« Reply #3446 on: January 25, 2013, 01:15:34 AM »
Despite them being one of my all-time favorites, I used to be really slow to warm up to new YLT albums. Around "Summer Sun" I decided to just trust them, and take my time letting a new album sink in (but "Popular Songs" I loved from the first listen).

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3447 on: January 25, 2013, 09:09:14 AM »
Deer Tick, doing an amazing impersonation of the Replacements Deer Tick -"Main Street" OFFICIAL VIDEO (UNCENSORED)

gravy boat

« Reply #3448 on: January 25, 2013, 09:54:19 AM »
Despite them being one of my all-time favorites, I used to be really slow to warm up to new YLT albums. Around "Summer Sun" I decided to just trust them, and take my time letting a new album sink in (but "Popular Songs" I loved from the first listen).

I'm the same way. On first few listens, "I am not afraid of you..." was not a YLT album I particularly liked, kind of a mish-mash of a lot of styles, but now it's one of my favorites. "Fade" is great--I wish they had another 10 minute fuzz out song on there but oh well. Guess that was the point of a tighter album. I caught one of their Hannukah shows--they are impossible not to like and respect.

I picked up Gap Dream's debut album after seeing it on some best of 2012 lists. It's great.  Psych-rock? Stoner rock? The song "58th St. Fingers: is a stand out.  http://gapdream.bandcamp.com/

Mike Desert

« Reply #3449 on: January 25, 2013, 03:40:38 PM »
Gong: Angel's Egg
Another San Fransisco Toilet Person