Author Topic: What Are You Listening To Right This Very Second?  (Read 1056314 times)

rattkane

• Policemans heel
Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Very Second?
« Reply #3450 on: February 01, 2013, 12:00:43 PM »
The Fennesz album "Endless Summer." Specifically the song Caecilia.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3451 on: February 04, 2013, 11:05:31 PM »
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3452 on: February 05, 2013, 07:17:38 PM »
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

mike_b

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #3453 on: February 08, 2013, 05:38:24 PM »
That We Are Farmers song featuring Andy Milonakis that was mentioned in this week's show.

...i kinda like it :/

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #3454 on: February 09, 2013, 03:31:12 PM »
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3455 on: February 10, 2013, 09:54:31 PM »
Lately I'm listening to Open Mike Eagle a lot. I discovered him via Paul Gilmartin's Mental Illness Happy Hour Podcast, of all places.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3456 on: February 11, 2013, 02:03:19 AM »
Lately I'm listening to Open Mike Eagle a lot. I discovered him via Paul Gilmartin's Mental Illness Happy Hour Podcast, of all places.

I saw him open at an LA-based comedy variety show that shall remain nameless.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

break

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #3457 on: February 16, 2013, 10:51:13 AM »
I just walked into gym and 2 seconds later nem nere Hooters came on.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3458 on: February 24, 2013, 08:13:46 AM »
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

not that clay

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #3459 on: March 15, 2013, 01:17:48 AM »

ben buff

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3460 on: March 15, 2013, 11:07:05 AM »
Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds.

As a child we used to live in an end terrace.  When the house was empty I used to listen to this deliberatly to scare myself.

I used to sit on the window ledge in the 'middle room' closing the doors to the living room and the dining room.  The reason for this was twofold. One, if a Martian came down the street I'd see him through the window and leg it upstairs to hide - however if one came down the stairs I could do a Commando Roll out of the window and be away before he could say 'Ooh-la!'  The scariest part is surely the 'Unscrewing of the Cylinder' and I often had to FFWD this part.  Last night I was listening to this part as I put the bin out and it still sends a shiver up my spine.  As I hurried back inside the house a cat jumped from next door on to our fence and I nearly leapt over the house in terror.

Thanks for that Jeff.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box'.  I just wish that once in a while you'd have a rummage around inside it.

@tonycoffey

ben buff

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3461 on: March 15, 2013, 11:29:08 AM »
I would like to nominate David Essex's 'Man on top Again!' speech from this as the greatest motivational speech ever.  Better than Agincourt, Bosworth, Churchill's 'Fight them on the beaches' or Mike Bassett's half-time team talk.'  If you don't feel like wiping out a few Martins yourself after David reveals his plan then you don't have blood in your veins.

I would love to see an actual Martin meet David Essex.  A quick 'Hold Me Close', a 'Silver Dream Machine', one 'Gonna Make you a Star!' and of course 'A Winters Tale' and then gobble.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box'.  I just wish that once in a while you'd have a rummage around inside it.

@tonycoffey

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3462 on: March 15, 2013, 01:45:50 PM »
I would like to nominate David Essex's 'Man on top Again!' speech from this as the greatest motivational speech ever.  Better than Agincourt, Bosworth, Churchill's 'Fight them on the beaches' or Mike Bassett's half-time team talk.'  If you don't feel like wiping out a few Martins yourself after David reveals his plan then you don't have blood in your veins.

I would love to see an actual Martin meet David Essex.  A quick 'Hold Me Close', a 'Silver Dream Machine', one 'Gonna Make you a Star!' and of course 'A Winters Tale' and then gobble.

It's funny to know that it's not just the accent that makes it hard for Americans to understand what the British are talking about sometimes.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Mike Desert

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Another San Fransisco Toilet Person

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3464 on: March 16, 2013, 10:23:10 AM »
Small Faces - Son of a baker (1968) TV- French

Probably be fitting to listen to "John Barleycorn Must Die" next.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."