Author Topic: What Are You Listening To Right This Very Second?  (Read 1023061 times)

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Very Second?
« Reply #1005 on: May 21, 2009, 11:51:13 PM »

Man oh man, I LOVE Prefab Sprout. That kind of lush pop is right in my wheelhouse. From Langley Park to Memphis is one of the greatest albums ever. But right now I am still listening to Simon and Garfunkel, though I have switched to Wednesday Morning 3:00 AM (both titles only promised to be approximate.)

Stan

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #1006 on: May 21, 2009, 11:53:16 PM »
a high pitched ringing in my ears. 

Amen, brother.

Amen.
                                 "This must be where buffcoat left his pants."

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1007 on: May 21, 2009, 11:55:56 PM »

Man oh man, I LOVE Prefab Sprout. That kind of lush pop is right in my wheelhouse. From Langley Park to Memphis is one of the greatest albums ever. But right now I am still listening to Simon and Garfunkel, though I have switched to Wednesday Morning 3:00 AM (both titles only promised to be approximate.)

It's actually my first time listening to it and I've listened to it two times through already. It's pleasant, jazz-tinged pop. Musically and lyrically sophisticated. The lead singer sounds a bit like Glenn Tillbrook of Squeeze.

Next up: The Fall-Perverted by Language
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Big Plastic Head

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #1008 on: May 22, 2009, 03:00:25 AM »

It's actually my first time listening to it and I've listened to it two times through already. It's pleasant, jazz-tinged pop. Musically and lyrically sophisticated. The lead singer sounds a bit like Glenn Tillbrook of Squeeze.

Next up: The Fall-Perverted by Language
That is a little gem. Wasn't it called "Two Wheels Good" here in the states? Oh wait....Google exists. Nevermind.
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

Pidgeon

« Reply #1009 on: May 22, 2009, 03:24:50 AM »
I'm listening to Prefab Sprout now too (since I love Squeeze).

Thanks FOT board!

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1010 on: May 22, 2009, 08:34:23 AM »
I'm listening to Prefab Sprout now too (since I love Squeeze).

Thanks FOT board!

Squeeze is also great. I love the reedy timbre of Tilbrook's voice. Argy Bargy's red hot, and I even like the East Side Story stuff.

I went out yesterday and spent a lot of money I don't have (yet; I got my summer school assignment yesterday, and it's a cash bonanza.) I got the latest Lindsay Buckingham, a Big Star best of, the latest Annuals, Ruth's Anorak, and Modern Skirts' Catalogue of Generous Men. I won't listen to them for months, but the buying felt good. Plus, I got the whole group for just $48 at my local heaven CD shop, the Disc Exchange.

Right now I am listening to All Songs Considered's recap of SXSW. I love that Carrie Brownstein, despite being in the punky Sleater-Kinney, comes across as such a girl.

Anybody heard St Vincent? I heard a song by them/her yesterday and think I actually felt my soul leaving my body.

That's a good thing.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1011 on: May 22, 2009, 10:57:14 AM »
...I got the latest Lindsay Buckingham...

How is it, Dave?  Is he still delightfully nuts?

I love that Carrie Brownstein, despite being in the punky Sleater-Kinney, comes across as such a girl.

Carrie Brownstein may be one of the coolest people on Earth. Uh oh, I sound like a Stephen King Entertainment Weekly article.  Maybe replace "cool" with "kick-ass?"
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1012 on: May 22, 2009, 11:02:35 AM »
Omar Souleyman

Would North American pop music seem this intense if I couldn't understand the words?

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1013 on: May 22, 2009, 04:00:27 PM »

I love that Carrie Brownstein, despite being in the punky Sleater-Kinney, comes across as such a girl.

Carrie Brownstein may be one of the coolest people on Earth. Uh oh, I sound like a Stephen King Entertainment Weekly article.  Maybe replace "cool" with "kick-ass?"

I don't know how the Lindsay Buckingham is; I tend to listen to things 3-5 years after I buy them. I will let you know when it cycles through!

Matt

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1014 on: May 22, 2009, 04:20:23 PM »

I don't know how the Lindsay Buckingham is; I tend to listen to things 3-5 years after I buy them. I will let you know when it cycles through!

I've been listening to Law and Order lately. Pretty underrated if you ask me. "Johnny Stew" is TONS O'FUN.
It ain't ego, it's my love for you.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1015 on: May 22, 2009, 04:21:14 PM »
Jandek. I'm not sure why I'm listening to him though.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1016 on: May 22, 2009, 04:40:07 PM »

I saw a recent interview with him in a "Making of Rumours" doc and he spoke only in Recovery/Corporate speak.

Matt

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1017 on: May 22, 2009, 09:10:43 PM »
Jandek. I'm not sure why I'm listening to him though.

Because you love getting down to the greasy funk?
It ain't ego, it's my love for you.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1018 on: May 22, 2009, 09:59:07 PM »

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1019 on: May 23, 2009, 04:05:25 PM »

Can't go wrong with CCR. Great band.