Author Topic: What Are You Listening To Right This Very Second?  (Read 1022878 times)

Me!

• Policemans heel
Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Very Second?
« Reply #1230 on: June 13, 2009, 05:26:50 PM »
Isn't Anything by My Blood Valentine

AaronC

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1231 on: June 13, 2009, 08:56:39 PM »

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1232 on: June 13, 2009, 10:32:25 PM »
You have exemplary taste, Grote. Have you heard any of the material he recorded with the Second Quintet?

Why thank you!  I have to admit I'm a dilettante.  I have a ton of Miles Davis mp3s, many of them from the 70s fusion period, but mostly I just grab interesting-looking records from the flea market (actually my wife found this one).  The other really great one we found is this, a few months ago:

Though I think Miles is only on side one.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1233 on: June 13, 2009, 10:55:10 PM »
If you ever spot Miles Smiles or Nefertiti, be sure to pick them up. They are both really good albums.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1234 on: June 14, 2009, 01:07:23 PM »
Yeah, I have Miles Smiles on mp3, it's awesome.  But I'll look for the record.

And:

Another flea market find.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1235 on: June 14, 2009, 01:16:11 PM »
Sorcerer and Water Babies are good also. But On The Corner is my favorite Miles album by a fairly wide margin.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1236 on: June 14, 2009, 01:41:05 PM »

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1237 on: June 14, 2009, 02:28:42 PM »
I wondered way back in the 80s: how much older is that one guy in Slade than the others?  It's like if Limp Bizkit had hired Lemmy.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1238 on: June 14, 2009, 04:10:52 PM »
That Giorgio Moroder album keeps popping up everywhere lately.

Not a flea market find, but a recent download.  I just learned that she's the daughter of Don Cherry, is (or at least was) married to a member of The Pop Group, and was a backup singer and stage dancer for The Slits.  I remember in 1989, after 2-3 years of being a hardcore kid, I decided to just give in and bought the cassingle for "Buffalo Stance."  Little did I know that I was remaining a music snob!

It does have that late 80s-early 90s hip-hop overproduction thing going, but it's still pretty great.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1239 on: June 14, 2009, 04:23:18 PM »
I wondered way back in the 80s: how much older is that one guy in Slade than the others?  It's like if Limp Bizkit had hired Lemmy.

I believe when that picture was taken, they were 32, 32, 32, and 29. Not sure which one you think was lots older than the others.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1240 on: June 14, 2009, 04:25:25 PM »

I believe when that picture was taken, they were 32, 32, 32, and 29. Not sure which one you think was lots older than the others.

The lead singer in "Run, Runaway."  The guy on the left.  He's apparently had a head start on the hard livin'.

Dave, I know you're sensitive to guys looking old, but you can't tell me that the guy on the left doesn't look way more than 3 years older than the guy on the right.

It looks like his grandfather went out and got a perm and wormed his way into the band photo.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1241 on: June 14, 2009, 04:32:24 PM »
Not a flea market find, but a recent download.  I just learned that she's the daughter of Don Cherry, is (or at least was) married to a member of The Pop Group, and was a backup singer and stage dancer for The Slits.  I remember in 1989, after 2-3 years of being a hardcore kid, I decided to just give in and bought the cassingle for "Buffalo Stance."  Little did I know that I was remaining a music snob!

It does have that late 80s-early 90s hip-hop overproduction thing going, but it's still pretty great.

She's also Swedish. My LP was destroyed in a flood(!) last year, but I still have the Manchild single. Great song.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1242 on: June 14, 2009, 04:38:47 PM »

Dave, I know you're sensitive to guys looking old

Wow. Really? That's where you want to take this? I have a team of writers working on a response.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1243 on: June 14, 2009, 04:42:25 PM »

Dave, I know you're sensitive to guys looking old

Wow. Really? That's where you want to take this? I have a team of writers working on a response.

I meant that as a statement, not a critique!  Not that *I* think you look old, but that you've said that you do.

C'mon, Dave, when have you ever known me to be snarky or sarcastic or biting?

Uhh... never mind.  But I really didn't mean it that way this time.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1244 on: June 14, 2009, 04:43:57 PM »
Once again, I am unfairly judged and punished for things that I have, in fact, done, and done over and over.

The world is a cruel place.