Author Topic: What Are You Listening To Right This Very Second?  (Read 1022801 times)

hugman

Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Very Second?
« Reply #1440 on: July 15, 2009, 11:24:09 AM »

The best!

If There's A Hell Below, We're All Gonna Go!
That is my jam.

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1441 on: July 15, 2009, 11:31:33 AM »
Built To Spill - There's Nothing Wrong With Love

Going back through their catalog and a few others in preparation for the Pitchfork festival. I hope enough people voted for "Preview."

I voted for it.

I should probably do that with Yo La Tengo, although I really have no idea which albums their set will draw from the most.  I think I Can Hear the Heart had the most songs I voted for.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1442 on: July 15, 2009, 01:08:44 PM »

The best!

If There's A Hill Below, We're All Gonna Go!
That is my jam.

Yes! Great album. In fact, that run of albums he had from 1970-72 (Curtis, Roots, Curtis/Live!, and Superfly) is one the greatest runs in music history.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1443 on: July 15, 2009, 06:23:32 PM »

The best!

If There's A Hill Below, We're All Gonna Go!
That is my jam.

Yes! Great album. In fact, that run of albums he had from 1970-72 (Curtis, Roots, Curtis/Live!, and Superfly) is one the greatest runs in music history.

Hear hear!  I love all those records.

In "Hell below," I love how he gives a shout-out to "the Jews."  When I hear that, I imagine a bunch of Hasidim at a soul club grooving to the song.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

hugman

« Reply #1444 on: July 15, 2009, 06:47:15 PM »
Holy crud. I just found an awesome deal on emusic.  They have a new thing where certain albums only cost 12 credits.  Well there's this thing called The Roots of The Cramps. It's all songs the cramps covered or were influenced by and it's 56 tracks for 12 credits. And you get great stuff like The Sparkles "Hipsville 29BC" which is one of the greatest garage recordings ever for my money.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1445 on: July 15, 2009, 07:51:37 PM »
Holy crud. I just found an awesome deal on emusic.  They have a new thing where certain albums only cost 12 credits.  Well there's this thing called The Roots of The Cramps. It's all songs the cramps covered or were influenced by and it's 56 tracks for 12 credits. And you get great stuff like The Sparkles "Hipsville 29BC" which is one of the greatest garage recordings ever for my money.

Dragonslayer's Sunset Rubdown is only eight tracks and they want 12 credits.  That's not a deal.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1446 on: July 15, 2009, 09:02:35 PM »
WRT to eMusic, what's all this nonsense about credits? I haven't been a subscriber for over a year. Did they change their download policy?

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1447 on: July 15, 2009, 10:06:37 PM »
New currency Terg

Did you listen to Media Squat this week?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

hugman

« Reply #1448 on: July 15, 2009, 10:16:12 PM »

Dragonslayer's Sunset Rubdown is only eight tracks and they want 12 credits.  That's not a deal.

you've locked yourself in a convertible before, haven't you frederixxx?

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1449 on: July 15, 2009, 10:33:26 PM »

/
you've locked yourself in a convertible before, haven't you frederixxx?
/

Nope, but I am very frugal.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1450 on: July 15, 2009, 10:34:23 PM »
Best disc I have heard all year, by a group called Product.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1451 on: July 16, 2009, 10:03:51 AM »
That's a great deal Hugman, thanks.  They also have mega-comps like The Complete Stax/Volt Soul Singles, where I was getting them piecemeal -- just using my last 5 unused downloads or whatever and taking a year to get a single disc -- but now I'm going to take advantage of the 12 credits thing.  It's the only thing that makes eMusic worthwhile.

But do they really want 12 credits for an 8-song record?
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

hugman

« Reply #1452 on: July 16, 2009, 11:58:42 AM »
can't you just download the songs individually? or does every album have at least one "album-only" track?

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1453 on: July 16, 2009, 02:21:37 PM »
Heh. I just checked the Miles Davis offerings and Pangaea, an album with only 2 tracks, is 24 download credits.

In perusing the website it appears that anything over ten minutes in length is "album only." iTunes has a similar policy.

Louis Lame

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #1454 on: July 16, 2009, 03:24:41 PM »