Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2824054 times)

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #10155 on: July 03, 2013, 10:35:09 AM »
Best: Shingles
Worst: Shingles

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10156 on: July 03, 2013, 10:55:39 AM »
Weirdly the show did kick into a higher gear once the Shingles talk started. Poor David Rees.

Greggulator

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #10157 on: July 03, 2013, 11:53:39 AM »
I love the shingles chat so, so, so much. My favorite thing about Nathan on this episode is his willingness to go in deep with shingles and chicken pox discussion.

I could not possibly love Nathan Fielder more than I do. What a great weirdo.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #10158 on: July 04, 2013, 08:51:15 AM »
Gonna sting but I'm bracing for it!
Splash your face with some cold water.

Thanks....about what I expected. Lesson learned--don't bait Tom! Have a happy 4th

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10159 on: July 04, 2013, 09:12:26 AM »
The call from Anthony, the human bass (ex-Traymarsh), was a pretty good call. It crossed over into rare air (into Clark territory for me) with "I work in a laser factory."

That was something special.

I'll say. I lost it at "laser factory". The chemistry of that one reminded me of the call a while back with the caller who sounded extremely giddy and who was flabbergasted at Tom's suggestion that he was high (I think that was the episode in which Tom started Bad-Companying people).
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

Jason from Huntsville, AL

« Reply #10160 on: July 04, 2013, 10:53:57 AM »
The call from Anthony, the human bass (ex-Traymarsh), was a pretty good call. It crossed over into rare air (into Clark territory for me) with "I work in a laser factory."

I'll say. I lost it at "laser factory". The chemistry of that one reminded me of the call a while back with the caller who sounded extremely giddy and who was flabbergasted at Tom's suggestion that he was high (I think that was the episode in which Tom started Bad-Companying people).

Terry from Woodstock.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10161 on: July 04, 2013, 11:15:05 AM »

Terry from Woodstock.

Ah, yes.

Somehow I have this idea in my mind now of Anthony and Pudge, working together on a laser whip in that factory...
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

Jetouellet

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10162 on: July 04, 2013, 12:38:02 PM »

Terry from Woodstock.

Ah, yes.

Somehow I have this idea in my mind now of Anthony and Pudge, working together on a laser whip in that factory...

Now what has to happen at the end of a call is a knock at the door, followed by garbled speech, followed by a laser whip, followed by more garbled speech.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10163 on: July 05, 2013, 03:36:49 PM »
Boddhisatva, Rikki, Fez, Dr Wu. These, and many more, are great great great.
Good choices, Dave.

How are you feeling?

So far, so good. Tired a lot, but honestly I think that's a function of living with the stress of knowing the chest cutter is just around the next corner. Seem healthy enough.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10164 on: July 06, 2013, 10:03:21 AM »
Do you have any nitroglycerin?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10165 on: July 07, 2013, 04:35:37 AM »
Do you have any nitroglycerin?

No sir.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10166 on: July 07, 2013, 10:36:49 AM »

Oh yeah. The Traymarsh guy was the best first-time caller in AGES. And I'm pretty sure he was quite drunk, though it seems like that wasn't necessarily as obvious to Tom as it was to me.

Crusherkc

« Reply #10167 on: July 07, 2013, 12:25:03 PM »
I loved Anthony from Worcester, MA - the real life Pudge Palfner n' stuff...i dunno...
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10168 on: July 08, 2013, 09:53:40 AM »
Interesting stuff about the Four (sic?) Day Creep:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080926051153AAakCf8

According to this music scholar, it's 'fore day creep and it comes from Ida Cox and then Humble Pie.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

QuizGuy66

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10169 on: July 08, 2013, 01:41:38 PM »

The Traymarsh call was outstanding.  Personally I lost it when Tom said "what do you play, bass?" right as the guy said he played bass.  That was just perfect.  Many Ed McMahon size laughs for me during that call. :)

-QG
“You can’t be George either,” he said. “You’ll have to be Railroad.”

“But I don’t want to be Railroad,” I protested.

- George Railroad Martin
http://www.georgerrmartin.com/about-george/speeches/here-i-am-again/