Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2828712 times)

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #8490 on: April 26, 2012, 02:17:21 PM »
I love being on the show, and I love talking to Tom (and Mike, and occasionally Spoony when Mike's out) but I pretty much cut my call volume to nothing because, not being able to listen live (at least for now) I am afraid my cold calls might not contribute to the flow of the show. This summer I will be able to listen live, and hope to be able to call occasionally in response to items, but unless I have a specific story, I'm not taking any chances.

nowah

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8491 on: April 26, 2012, 11:27:38 PM »
Loving the Mike and Gary interactions, I enjoy Mike on the mic all the time though.

I just want to mention that, four or five weeks later, I still think at least once a day about how great the table read of Midnight in Times Square was. Bit of the Year 2012.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8492 on: April 26, 2012, 11:34:13 PM »
Tom's riff on Fats Domino/Chubby Checker/Flabby Tetris brought to mind a list from McSweeney's, "Popular Singers Inspired by Fats Domino and Chubby Checker," reprinted in Mountain Man Dance Moves: The McSweeney's Book of Lists. (I am not imputing joke theft here; the concept certainly could easily occur to great comic minds independently):

Paunchy Stratego
Morbidly Obese Battleship
Could Lose a Few Scrabble
Hungry Hungry Hungry Hippo

...and, if I may make my own suggestion: Buffet Wrecker Parcheesi.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Ben from Boston

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #8493 on: April 27, 2012, 09:11:00 AM »
...and, if I may make my own suggestion: Buffet Wrecker Parcheesi.

I said it on Tuesday and I'll say it again: Chris Christie Backgammon.

DavidSestrand

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #8494 on: April 27, 2012, 10:07:41 AM »
Luis Bunuel's Eyeball Slicer
I'm a twit: @DavidSestrand

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #8495 on: April 27, 2012, 10:51:47 AM »
Luis Bunuel's Eyeball Slicer

Also on that syllabus: Fritz Lang's silent masterpiece Art Deco Robot Lady (1927)
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

TrapNeuterReturn

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8496 on: April 27, 2012, 11:30:12 AM »

RVARichmond

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #8497 on: April 27, 2012, 05:39:30 PM »
I never thought I would be going on here so much to talk about how depressing it is to hear someone from my city call in.

Best of the show was easily Tom breaking while Gary insulted Mike. Despite the hateful turds from here, there was a lot of glee in this episode.

JBillington

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8498 on: April 29, 2012, 11:15:14 AM »
That Culturcide song was awesome - how have I never heard that before?

This article answers some of the points Tom was making about its production (though not its pressing):http://www.yellowgreenred.com/?p=4382

adamfromohio

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #8499 on: April 29, 2012, 06:12:01 PM »
"Now, which one is Whoopie?"

This conversation with Spike had me thinking...Tom should start watching soaps while he's laid up at home so he can blow Spike's mind.

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #8500 on: April 29, 2012, 11:20:51 PM »
"Now, which one is Whoopie?"

This conversation with Spike had me thinking...Tom should start watching soaps while he's laid up at home so he can blow Spike's mind.

Constructive crticism for Spike- you need to mention the person's real name at least once before you Spike-ify it. Especially if it's not just a basic rhyme. Objectively Dr. Wizard for Dr. Oz isn't bad, but if it comes out of nowhere it's confusing and makes people think you're somehow referring to Mr. Wizard.

Also- Portly Parcheesi

Spike

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #8501 on: April 30, 2012, 09:26:19 AM »
Jon's call about the Brooklynization of the Nets was tremendous.

"He was very animated when he said 'duuuuuuuuuuuh.'"

It should be the Statenization of the Nets, and all other NY Pro sports teams. I don't want any pro jocks in the four boroughs of NYC.
CHILDREN UNDER AGE 25 SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN NOR HEARD.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8502 on: April 30, 2012, 11:29:18 AM »
You think you got it bad, Spike, I'm a Park Sloper whose quality of life is going to be fucked in the ear by the crowds of gibbering morons flocking to that damned arena. Please, New Jersey, pay those thyroid cases whatever they want, but please, PLEASE get them back.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Kormod

« Reply #8503 on: April 30, 2012, 11:43:46 AM »

Come on, guys. Brooklyn can only get better because of this.

Spike

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #8504 on: April 30, 2012, 12:31:29 PM »
You think you got it bad, Spike, I'm a Park Sloper whose quality of life is going to be fucked in the ear by the crowds of gibbering morons flocking to that damned arena. Please, New Jersey, pay those thyroid cases whatever they want, but please, PLEASE get them back.

I live in Queens. Thankfully, I do not live in the Flushing area, or else I would have to put with idiots going to see the Mets and the US Tennis Open.
CHILDREN UNDER AGE 25 SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN NOR HEARD.