Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2828866 times)

Jason from Huntsville, AL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #8475 on: April 25, 2012, 03:12:07 PM »
My insane ability to recognize voices has me thinking that the caller was feigning friendship with the Richmond-ites and was actually George from Bergenfield/Alex from Anchorage/dude who wanted to talk/sing about Styx repeatedly, just based on the reverberations from within that dude's sinus cavity.

Was thinking the same thing.

Unless I'm crazy, I think George from Bergenfield has always been "George from Bergenfield" or at least "George." I think this "Alex from Everywhere" is a different dude from him. I'm not sure if he's the Threatener from last night, but I don't think George was.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

betheboy

« Reply #8476 on: April 25, 2012, 04:23:38 PM »
My insane ability to recognize voices has me thinking that the caller was feigning friendship with the Richmond-ites and was actually George from Bergenfield/Alex from Anchorage/dude who wanted to talk/sing about Styx repeatedly, just based on the reverberations from within that dude's sinus cavity.

Unless I'm crazy, I think George from Bergenfield has always been "George from Bergenfield" or at least "George." I think this "Alex from Everywhere" is a different dude from him. I'm not sure if he's the Threatener from last night, but I don't think George was.

I think George has shown himself to a little more respectful than that caller.

Dan of Orange

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8477 on: April 25, 2012, 05:12:25 PM »
Loving the Mike and Gary interactions, I enjoy Mike on the mic all the time though. The music chunk is awesome, AWESOME...just wanted to get that out.  :)
Of all the guys, I am one of them.
http://danoforange.blogspot.com/

Jason from Huntsville, AL

« Reply #8478 on: April 25, 2012, 05:23:18 PM »
Also, since Tom mentioned "The Sonic Guys", the guy with lighter hair is T.J. Jagodowski, an actor & improviser in Chicago whose work I really admire. He does neat two-man show with a guy named Dave Pasquesi. They used to do it in New York once a month, I think, but I'm not sure if they do anymore. They may just do it in Chicago now.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8479 on: April 25, 2012, 05:28:47 PM »
Also, since Tom mentioned "The Sonic Guys", the guy with lighter hair is T.J. Jagodowski, an actor & improviser in Chicago whose work I really admire. He does neat two-man show with a guy named Dave Pasquesi. They used to do it in New York once a month, I think, but I'm not sure if they do anymore. They may just do it in Chicago now.

The other guy is Peter Grosz, who was a Colbert Report writer.

King of Breakfast

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #8480 on: April 25, 2012, 07:18:08 PM »
Loving the Mike and Gary interactions, I enjoy Mike on the mic all the time though. The music chunk is awesome, AWESOME...just wanted to get that out.  :)

Speaking of Mike on the mic, do you guys know where I can find an mp3 of the Mike show theme? (I'm assuming that it's non-commercial and thus kosher to get for free; if there's somewhere to pay for it, I'd gladly do that too)
Let's all try to do our best

D.JGeorge

• Policemans heel
« Reply #8481 on: April 25, 2012, 09:31:04 PM »

I think George has shown himself to a little more respectful than that caller.

Yeah thanks to Jason's guidance I only call when I feel like I can contribute to the show rather than trying to get myself over..I called the week before about the Celebrity Apprentice, but to answer your question no that was not I..way too much to respect for Tom, and The Best Show to troll the show. Furthermore Shithamine should have taken Tom's advice and thrown their album into the Hudson.

Greggulator

« Reply #8482 on: April 25, 2012, 09:37:08 PM »
Me and my friends used to prank call WFMU talk shows when we were 13.

Ours were waaaaay better than Zach's.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

Alex P.

• Policemans heel
« Reply #8483 on: April 25, 2012, 09:39:55 PM »
It could be worse. Tom could be getting harassed by 4chan goons, like what happened to Tom Green and a few other call-in show people.

Thirty people calling in, all of them doing nothing but shouting racial slurs then hanging up.

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8484 on: April 26, 2012, 05:13:46 AM »

Yeah, I heard the story your brother told on that one 7SD live show. Who was the DJ that got fired?
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

DavidSestrand

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #8485 on: April 26, 2012, 11:06:35 AM »

Yeah thanks to Jason's guidance I only call when I feel like I can contribute to the show rather than trying to get myself over..I called the week before about the Celebrity Apprentice, but to answer your question no that was not I..way too much to respect for Tom, and The Best Show to troll the show. Furthermore Shithamine should have taken Tom's advice and thrown their album into the Hudson.

Thanks for clarifying, and I apologize for associating you with Them. Carry on
I'm a twit: @DavidSestrand

thom

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8486 on: April 26, 2012, 11:08:18 AM »
The double caped mouse appearance--I wish I wasn't such a sucker for people breaking character and cracking up, but it might be the sign of being a good person, so I'll take it.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8487 on: April 26, 2012, 11:37:54 AM »

I remember your calls to Chris T., Greg. You were suuuuuuch little pricks.

Not a boil on the ass of Shit Hamine's douchiness, though.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Greggulator

« Reply #8488 on: April 26, 2012, 12:04:14 PM »
This week's show was really great as usual. I love Todd Barry's calls soooooo much. They're essentially him plugging his upcoming gigs but he and Tom make them so ridiculously hilarious. Their conversations are simply the best.

Jon's call about the Brooklynization of the Nets was tremendous.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

Crusherkc

« Reply #8489 on: April 26, 2012, 02:15:01 PM »
Jon's call about the Brooklynization of the Nets was tremendous.

"He was very animated when he said 'duuuuuuuuuuuh.'"

Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!