Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2818565 times)

vicd

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #8460 on: April 25, 2012, 11:18:06 AM »
"Now, which one is Whoopie?"

Drew D

• Policemans heel
« Reply #8461 on: April 25, 2012, 11:36:38 AM »
Worst: Who was that creep who took "umbrage" with Tom playing that Culturecide song? Or was he joking... Uh, its from the mid-80s, Tom just didn't add that stuff right now.  Oh, dear lord, someone made fun of the all-mighty Boss? His call was way overshadowed by that Mit creep though...

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

aznmom420

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #8463 on: April 25, 2012, 12:03:59 PM »
What was that insane version of Dancing in the Dark???

I didn't hear Tom back-announce it...

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #8464 on: April 25, 2012, 12:12:52 PM »
http://rvamag.com/articles/full/11983/daily-fix-mit-hamine-gets-harassed-on-wfmu

Having never bothered to look them up, ever, I'm not surprised...this is exactly how I imagnined what he/they look like.  Real telephone tough-guys.

On the other hand, Marfa TX showed some class. I apologize to Marfa for comparing them to Mitt Zilchney.
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8465 on: April 25, 2012, 12:45:19 PM »
"Panties"

Drew D

• Policemans heel
« Reply #8466 on: April 25, 2012, 01:26:47 PM »
Worst: Who was that creep who took "umbrage" with Tom playing that Culturecide song? Or was he joking... Uh, its from the mid-80s, Tom just didn't add that stuff right now.  Oh, dear lord, someone made fun of the all-mighty Boss? His call was way overshadowed by that Mit creep though...

Best:  An oldie but goodie, bur that was a great dual Mouse w/ Cape sighting(s).

Wes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #8467 on: April 25, 2012, 01:52:05 PM »
There's a part early in last night's call where Terrence goes from furiously calling Tom a "slovenly bastard" to Tom saying "Oh, I'm sorry..." right into this immediate, completely cheerful "That's alright!" reaction that killed me. That was Kid eBay pausing to make sure Tom knew what "rockin' the sheets" meant-level funny.

Loved the whole exploration of the Cheech & Chong autobiography, complete with Tom quickly (and correctly) convincing himself that he could pull off doing it as Chong.
This may be the year I will disappear.

DavidSestrand

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #8468 on: April 25, 2012, 02:27:16 PM »
My insane ability to recognize voices has me thinking that the caller was feigning friendship with the Richmond-ites and was actually George from Bergenfield/Alex from Anchorage/dude who wanted to talk/sing about Styx repeatedly, just based on the reverberations from within that dude's sinus cavity.

Hope I'm not deflating any great reveal that dude was planning, however pointless.

If my guess is right, it leaves Mit Hamine all alone, abandoned, screaming into the abyss.

I'm a twit: @DavidSestrand

DavidSestrand

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #8469 on: April 25, 2012, 02:33:26 PM »
...now if they would just stop calling...
I'm a twit: @DavidSestrand

arthur

• Policemans heel
« Reply #8470 on: April 25, 2012, 02:42:40 PM »
Best: Tom and Jon both breaking. And the return of the Chubby Checker impression (it's my favourite). Also, "Mike's killing it out there. And by it, I mean the show."

Worst: Shit Hamine. Though it did please me to no end to hear the album get smashed again.

Alex P.

• Policemans heel
« Reply #8471 on: April 25, 2012, 02:45:02 PM »
I feel like this Mitt Hamine situation has happened before, several times, with other bands.

JesseFromVegas

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8472 on: April 25, 2012, 02:56:12 PM »
I will totally fight all the members of Mit Hamine and any of their idiot friends as well.  I have won 3 out of 50 some odd fights I've been in in my life, and yet I am still confident I could take all of these pencil-necked geeks with ease.

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8473 on: April 25, 2012, 02:56:41 PM »
My insane ability to recognize voices has me thinking that the caller was feigning friendship with the Richmond-ites and was actually George from Bergenfield/Alex from Anchorage/dude who wanted to talk/sing about Styx repeatedly, just based on the reverberations from within that dude's sinus cavity.

Was thinking the same thing.
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8474 on: April 25, 2012, 02:59:57 PM »
WORST: the mit hamine posse trolling in the least imaginative boring way possible.

His proclivity to behave like a complete douche while thinking of himself to be very clever, funny and winning reminds me of the average right-wing nutjob, btw.

I found that all very upsetting and kudos to Tom for not being thrown by the knuckleheads. (This is splitting hairs but) that behavior seems less right-wing nutjob and more like the activity of your standard stalker. It usually starts with one person putting another on a pedestal and being overly interested in that person's opinion. Much activity is put towards obtaining that person's attention. Then when that intensity of interest is not reciprocated the "stalker" starts to go negative. Even if those are empty threats, I find it starting to get creepy.

You are, of course, more right than I am. I was focusing on the cluelessness. But Jason correctly identified the missing component: entitlement.
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!