Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2824151 times)

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #8445 on: April 20, 2012, 10:37:07 AM »
They have a show that is literally just car crash footage.
"TruTV...the only way it could be called 'TruTV' is it seems like they 'Tru' any sense of taste or judgement out the window." - Tom
I've been waiting for a while to hear Tom talk about Hardcore Pawn. That show is a nightmare, that's the only word I can use to describe it.

Why should I pay for cable or satellite tv when I can watch it vicariously through the FOTs  ;)
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8446 on: April 20, 2012, 12:03:22 PM »
"Interesting" is a funny word, isn't it?
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8447 on: April 22, 2012, 10:40:14 PM »
"Everybody remember: Keep reaching for the stars, and MIKE SUCKS."
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

CSW

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #8448 on: April 23, 2012, 02:41:51 PM »
Were I able to listen live I would have thrown Rosie Perez (circa 95) into the topic.
"You know it's like, if you had a choice between 4 slobs dressed as lumberjacks and 4 shirtless good looking guys in tight black jeans and high-top leather sneakers, who would you choose?"

upgrayedd

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #8449 on: April 23, 2012, 05:51:00 PM »
Were I able to listen live I would have thrown Rosie Perez (circa 95) into the topic.

Mine would have been Aaron Burr, a year or so after he gunned down Alexander Hamilton.

Crusherkc

« Reply #8450 on: April 23, 2012, 08:14:34 PM »
The Coward Robert Ford, 1888- about 7 years after he shot Jesse James and more than 4 years after his reenactment stop attracting audiences.  I think and exchange between he and the Donald might go something like this...

Trump: Mr. Ford. You look like you're having fun. But you're not lighting the world on fire with you campaign for Tetley Tea. Frankly it's a disaster.

Robert Ford: Well, I'm sorry to hear you feel that way, as I put such stock in your opinion. I got an appetite for greater things. I hoped by joining up with you, it'd put me that much closer to getting them.

Trump: Well, what am I supposed to say to that?

Robert Ford: Let me be your sidekick tonight.

Trump: Sidekick? What the hell are you talking about?

Robert Ford: So you can examine my grit and intelligence.

Trump: I don't know what it is about you, but the more you talk, the more you give me the willies. Now I don't believe I want you anywhere within earshot this evening, okay? You understand?

Robert Ford: Well, I'm sorry...

Trump: Why don't you just get, now? Scat! You're fired!
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Lawrence Orbach

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8451 on: April 24, 2012, 10:29:28 AM »
I lost it when Tom did the 1/2 second Temple of the Dog singing during Nirvana talk.

Jason from Huntsville, AL

« Reply #8452 on: April 25, 2012, 12:29:48 AM »
Best: Bath Salts comedy killed me.

Worst: I will never call in from my cellphone again. I apologize for whatever that was.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

mackro

« Reply #8453 on: April 25, 2012, 01:52:53 AM »
BEST: Toss-up between Tommy Chong autobiography bit, Bath Salt Boys & "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (Plane sounds) (silence)............(click)".

WORST: the mit hamine posse trolling in the least imaginative boring way possible.

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8454 on: April 25, 2012, 06:37:40 AM »
WORST: the mit hamine posse trolling in the least imaginative boring way possible.

His proclivity to behave like a complete douche while thinking of himself to be very clever, funny and winning reminds me of the average right-wing nutjob, btw.
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

liz_noise

• Policemans heel
« Reply #8455 on: April 25, 2012, 08:03:42 AM »

His proclivity to behave like a complete douche while thinking of himself to be very clever, funny and winning reminds me of the average right-wing nutjob, btw.

I found that all very upsetting and kudos to Tom for not being thrown by the knuckleheads. (This is splitting hairs but) that behavior seems less right-wing nutjob and more like the activity of your standard stalker. It usually starts with one person putting another on a pedestal and being overly interested in that person's opinion. Much activity is put towards obtaining that person's attention. Then when that intensity of interest is not reciprocated the "stalker" starts to go negative. Even if those are empty threats, I find it starting to get creepy.

I really don't want to be alarmist. But let's face it, there are 68 other shows on WFMU, the majority of which focus on playing music. If this is really about airplay aren't there other shows and other stations where all this energy might be better served?

Jason from Huntsville, AL

« Reply #8456 on: April 25, 2012, 08:53:23 AM »
I found that all very upsetting and kudos to Tom for not being thrown by the knuckleheads. (This is splitting hairs but) that behavior seems less right-wing nutjob and more like the activity of your standard stalker. It usually starts with one person putting another on a pedestal and being overly interested in that person's opinion. Much activity is put towards obtaining that person's attention. Then when that intensity of interest is not reciprocated the "stalker" starts to go negative. Even if those are empty threats, I find it starting to get creepy.

I really don't want to be alarmist. But let's face it, there are 68 other shows on WFMU, the majority of which focus on playing music. If this is really about airplay aren't there other shows and other stations where all this energy might be better served?

I don't want to be alarmist either, but, yeah, the tone of Z**** & his bunch has gone from clueless entitlement to creepy aggression (which is a straight path, now that I think about it.)

As fun as it is to hear Tom run circles around them, it might be time for the Captain J*** treatment before any coolers full of anything show up at the station door.

Side note, the glee with which Mike yelled "YEAH!" as Tom whacked the Mit Hamine album was at once hilarious and chilling.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

gravy boat

« Reply #8457 on: April 25, 2012, 10:17:33 AM »
BEST: Toss-up between Tommy Chong autobiography bit, Bath Salt Boys & "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (Plane sounds) (silence)............(click)".

We knew that their music was garbage. Now we know that their character is garbage, too. 

Ben from Boston

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #8458 on: April 25, 2012, 10:31:43 AM »
I don't want to be alarmist either, but, yeah, the tone of Z**** & his bunch has gone from clueless entitlement to creepy aggression (which is a straight path, now that I think about it.)

Straight path is right. You're a learned man, and Z*** (*** out of respect to your beliefs) is your textbook case. Really, though, I wonder if they even enjoy the show anymore, if they ever did--last night felt transgressive, not participatory but vengeful. Seems to be a fundamental misunderstanding of how the show works.

NEXT WEEK: Will our call-screening hero have to lay down a blanket ban on all calls originating from Virginia area codes? Desperate times...

Wait, best, though: Tom's "oh, 'boop,' yep, I could have set my watch to that" hang-up on the lady with the beeping phone.

Gamma Gamma Ray

• Policemans heel
« Reply #8459 on: April 25, 2012, 10:48:35 AM »
The S*** M****** kid has obviously decided to bring creepy to a new level.

on the other hand, the Wurster call this week had me exploding with laughter as they skewered the state of Indie Rock.