Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2824258 times)

TheDependentClause

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #9120 on: September 07, 2012, 02:33:05 PM »
"Get the weed legal" is one of the most unintentionally hilarious phrases I've ever heard.

roman

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9121 on: September 07, 2012, 04:57:03 PM »
Garry Shandling's face looks like someone left a Garry Shandling mask out in the sun.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9122 on: September 07, 2012, 06:18:37 PM »
kelsey g

I never grow tired of this. Nor do I grow tired of him sounding like Frazier when he is falling ("Oh good lord!").
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Kormod

« Reply #9123 on: September 07, 2012, 06:36:37 PM »
Haha. What an imbecile.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9124 on: September 07, 2012, 06:36:53 PM »
Tom's criticism of Pittsburgh as being too Steeler-centric is a perfectly valid one. However, I do take exception to his criticism of the quality of our food. Admittedly, Pittsburgh is not a great restaurant town, but it's not as if we're totally bereft of good places to eat either. There are in fact some fine dining establishments (vegetarian restaurants included), you just have to know where to find them.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Jason from Huntsville, AL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #9125 on: September 07, 2012, 07:57:39 PM »
The "You need to go get a copy of 'Pumped!'" Heave Ho was the most senseless since the one where Tom accused the guy of being either Hanna or Barbarra. That's how I like 'em.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

nowah

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9126 on: September 07, 2012, 10:04:19 PM »
Listening to this week's show on podcast and just got to the portion where Tom is slandering Sheetz and placing Wawa on a pedestal. My fandom for the Best Show has never been so truly tested as right now. For now, courage.
I've never been fortunate enough to visit a Wawa, but I've been to many Sheetz locations and loved every one like a brother. I felt viscerally betrayed by Tom for the first time ever despite knowing in my heart that Wawa is probably technically superior. You're not alone.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9127 on: September 08, 2012, 10:09:30 AM »
I never grow tired of this. Nor do I grow tired of him sounding like Frazier when he is falling ("Oh good lord!").

I know! It's not the sort of thing I would normally take active pleasure in, but in this guy's case my belly laughs seem so wrong but feel so right!

I especially liked the cheap shot Tom added this week--that supposedly the stage was in the shape of the United States, so this gasbag's not knowing where he was on it just shows up his Republican "patriotism" as phoney-baloney hypocrisy.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9128 on: September 08, 2012, 10:39:18 AM »
Right To Laugh Trailer

I also do not usually take pleasure in seeing someone fall off a stage, but he was part of Right To Laugh, so it's different.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Kormod

« Reply #9129 on: September 08, 2012, 10:58:08 AM »
"Right 2 Laugh" -- I like how for them even comedy comes off as some sort of self-righteous crusade

Kormod

« Reply #9130 on: September 08, 2012, 12:47:01 PM »
Also, it looks like the Right Network's website hasn't been updated since 2011. Uh oh.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9131 on: September 08, 2012, 04:24:41 PM »
The last joke he calls for an audience response - presumably a hand-picked, right-wing audience there to laugh at his jokes - and no one responds.

It *is* theoretically possible for a right-wing comedian to be funny, right?  What they don't seem to understand is that the formula that works is comedian first, advocate second.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9132 on: September 08, 2012, 06:20:01 PM »
2 fave mo's: to Spike- "Corbin Bernsen's mother?!" and Zilch getting bad accompaniment.

Oh, my God, that "Corbin Bernsen's *mother*?!" remark was great.

Also loved all the Shandling stuff, @therealsinatra, and Tom goofing on Kelsey Grammer's "comedy."
If I tried, I could probably make at least six figures for shaking my moneymaker.

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9133 on: September 08, 2012, 08:29:43 PM »
Here is a summary of a book about the Comedy Store strike.  Tom was correct: Garry Shandling and Yakov Smirnoff crossed the picket lines.

http://www.pbpulse.com/news/entertainment/books-literature/book-remembers-when-comedians-get-serious-about-pa/nMPG9/

I haven't finished this week's podcast yet, so someone may have addressed this later in the show - the article is interesting in its own right.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9134 on: September 08, 2012, 09:27:43 PM »
David Brenner?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."