Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2818559 times)

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #6780 on: August 01, 2011, 05:01:28 PM »
Did nobody else realize the importance of this episode?  Laurie penned a new old adage: "You never change your horse mid-stream, unless your band name's Mit Hamine."

FURST

I concede. I like that we both have different names listed. 

put_it_away

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6781 on: August 01, 2011, 06:41:43 PM »
I think this past show belongs in the hall of fame.

As has been mentioned, the Ernesto/Doddy call, Tom's Wally Wackiman impression, and the Southern Gentlemen's summit were all top shelf.

That said, James from Southeast PA made the show for me. "Just bag my groceries, son, or I'll beat the fudge outta you."
can we talk about how Bathroom Boy pronounces "show" as "sew". Done.

This is one of my many favorite things about James from Southeast PA.

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6782 on: August 01, 2011, 07:34:32 PM »
I think this past show belongs in the hall of fame.

As has been mentioned, the Ernesto/Doddy call, Tom's Wally Wackiman impression, and the Southern Gentlemen's summit were all top shelf.

That said, James from Southeast PA made the show for me. "Just bag my groceries, son, or I'll beat the fudge outta you."

It's nails on a chalkboard for me, but I still love Bathroom Boy.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6783 on: August 01, 2011, 09:12:00 PM »
So wait, is it "Mitt Hymen"?

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6784 on: August 02, 2011, 07:34:55 AM »
It's beyond my technical capabilities, but someone should do an audio mix of Best Best Show Laughs, featuring Laurie, Geneva, Spike, Fredericks, Jen Kirkman from that last one, Paul F. Tompkins....Tom's done some good ones but maybe his appearances should be limited to mutters of "that laugh, I can't take it," etc.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Spike

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6785 on: August 02, 2011, 09:52:41 PM »
CHILDREN UNDER AGE 25 SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN NOR HEARD.

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6786 on: August 02, 2011, 09:53:35 PM »
Mit Hamine guy- a band name that can't be Google is a bad band name. OK, I could mispell the name as "Lead Zeppelin", but at least if I typed in "Lead Zeppelin band" I could find the band. I find that guy way more irritating than I should.

Overall I liked the show. Laurie's laugh was a bit much, but I can't hate on someone for having fun. Maybe Big Z's call went on for a but too long, but Tom berating the director for not sending him a DVD was worth it.

JimmyNoodles

• Policemans heel
« Reply #6787 on: August 03, 2011, 08:28:02 AM »

I thought I was imagining this because Tom never commented on it.  At first I assumed James was doing it as a prank, then I convinced myself it was all in my head because nobody else said anything, so thank you for easing my mind.

dutch

• Policemans heel
« Reply #6788 on: August 03, 2011, 01:42:43 PM »

I thought I was imagining this because Tom never commented on it.  At first I assumed James was doing it as a prank, then I convinced myself it was all in my head because nobody else said anything, so thank you for easing my mind.
Tom wouldn't comment on it because Tom wouldn't make fun of someone who isn't a terrible person for a physical problem like a lisp.

JimmyNoodles

• Policemans heel
« Reply #6789 on: August 03, 2011, 02:22:55 PM »

Tom wouldn't comment on it because Tom wouldn't make fun of someone who isn't a terrible person for a physical problem like a lisp.

Good point.  I was in no way trying to make fun of him, I didn't think it was a speech impediment because I've only ever noticed it in the word "show."  Anyway, the call was hilarious, that story completely caught me off guard.

dutch

• Policemans heel
« Reply #6790 on: August 03, 2011, 11:50:36 PM »

Good point.  I was in no way trying to make fun of him, I didn't think it was a speech impediment because I've only ever noticed it in the word "show."  Anyway, the call was hilarious, that story completely caught me off guard.
I bet he has braces and they are affecting his speech.

Lawrence Orbach

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6791 on: August 04, 2011, 12:23:12 PM »
Late to the recaps, but Tom did an impersonation of William Hurt (can't remember which movie) a few episodes back that was outstanding in its randomness and accuracy, which made it unbelievably hilarious.

Ladeef

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #6792 on: August 04, 2011, 02:46:41 PM »
This show was a D+, but calling doddy made it a C-.

That shrill laughter from Lori was unbearable.

I would agree with you but it turned a corner when the director of Big Z's movie called and Tom gave it to him for not sending him an advanced DVR followed by his treatment of the guy from Mit Hamine. A last minute turn around

The Doddy call was surreal.

Indeed the show started off slow, but Tom pulled it out of the gutter for sure. "Oh that laugh" it what I was thinking the whole time too.

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6793 on: August 04, 2011, 05:05:15 PM »
Late to the recaps, but Tom did an impersonation of William Hurt (can't remember which movie) a few episodes back that was outstanding in its randomness and accuracy, which made it unbelievably hilarious.

And also touched on the single stupidest moment in movie history.  "I can't believe the police computer system is so easy ta hack into."  I saw Mr. Brooks in the thee-ah-tuh and there was this older disgruntled successful screenwriter-looking man in attendance. This line gave him a stroke.

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6794 on: August 04, 2011, 07:35:16 PM »
When the director of the movie about the comic store called in, was I hearing things or did Big Z say in the background "that's not really him"?

I think Big Z really did say that, but he was speaking to the director and telling him that Tom's version of Wally was "not really him." He was afraid the guy thought he was talking to Big Z as Wally.

You are correct.  I'm pretty sure I said "Hi" to Anthony when he came on.  It was quite a surprise, as I had no idea he would call.  I've mentioned the show, in passing, to him, before, like when I've told him about Wally, but he's never listened before, as he said during the call.  The H-Man let him know of the on-air conversation and passed on the number, allowing that whole thing to take place.

-Zach