Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2818548 times)

Riley

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #6885 on: August 19, 2011, 01:00:36 PM »
I love buffet talk!

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6886 on: August 20, 2011, 05:57:23 PM »
Is this the most meta any Wurster call has ever gotten? It was fantastic, it just went into an area I don't think I've seen them go into before. By the way, I've always attributed the similar voices of Wurster's characters to the very thick Newbridge accent. Tom escaped having one, but most Newbridge-ites don't seem to leave town too often so it becomes sort of incestuous.

Glad to hear from Julie. She was probably the first caller to get my attention so while I kind of miss the zonked out Julie from Cinncinati voice I'm glad she's doing well.

not that clay

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #6887 on: August 20, 2011, 09:54:57 PM »
Best part: Julie! I'm so glad Julie is doing well. I always enjoyed her calls but I'd gotten really worried about her. I want to hear more from the new Julie. Julie, call in more!

2nd best part: the ban is working.

Worst part: too much bully talk.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6888 on: August 20, 2011, 11:25:57 PM »
I just heard the final half hour--after sticking up for Julie in the Onion AV thread--and I just want to reiterate.  Hearing Julie speak courageously and candidly about her issues under Tom's supportive interview style really IS worth hours of hearing beloved but well-travelled comedian guests, and this was definitely a show for the ages.  Hey, Onion reviewer over in that other item! You don't know SQUAT about what makes this show rule, hear me? Great show, Tom.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6889 on: August 21, 2011, 02:44:38 PM »
Didn't Amadeus swear up and down on his first call that Amadeus was his actual first name?

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6890 on: August 21, 2011, 06:22:48 PM »
Didn't Amadeus swear up and down on his first call that Amadeus was his actual first name?

I seem to recall that as well.

Dan of Orange

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6891 on: August 22, 2011, 08:11:02 AM »
I think he said ''his name was definately really Amadeus'' , don't know about the word first being in there.
Of all the guys, I am one of them.
http://danoforange.blogspot.com/

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6892 on: August 22, 2011, 10:14:15 AM »
He said his mom gave him the name Amadeus and accused her of being a hippie.

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6893 on: August 22, 2011, 11:05:55 AM »

Worst part: too much bully talk.

SHUT UP , NERD!

Paul DeLouisiana

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #6894 on: August 22, 2011, 11:21:58 AM »

I seem to recall that as well.

Alot of people expose their own fibs on the radio and I always feel a little nerdy for catching it.

JesseFromVegas

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6895 on: August 22, 2011, 12:36:56 PM »
There's a few callers who I'm sure are either making up their names entirely or are weirdly withholding on details.  I think a lot of people in the Witness Relocation program must listen to the show.

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6896 on: August 22, 2011, 01:00:20 PM »
I think he said ''his name was definately really Amadeus'' , don't know about the word first being in there.

You are probably right. If only I had a way AND the desire to check.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6897 on: August 22, 2011, 05:03:03 PM »
I will pre-apologize for something that I said that wasn't strictly true; I bet Amadeus found himself in similar straits on the air.

I was delivering this lecture on campus about the nature of paradox, and about 1/3 of the way into it, I projected the original Supercallers poster. And what my mind meant to say was that the artist had drawn me with only a sketchy understanding with me, and what came out was that he had drawn only having gotten a description from me. In fact, I have never spoken to Neil Numberman, and his amazing resemblance to me came from God knows where, but in my confused state of trying to hype the show and at the same time steer the discussion back to the topic, I made an executive decision to just go on without correcting myself.

Now, if anyone ever sees the lecture posted, you'll know that I misspoke about how how that amazing image came to be.

Lawrence Orbach

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6898 on: August 22, 2011, 10:00:50 PM »
PBR was on fire with the greatness of the meta-call. Maybe that explains the random hang-up? Or could it pre-suppose that....maybe it wasn't.

lpme

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #6899 on: August 23, 2011, 01:32:02 AM »
He said his mom gave him the name Amadeus and accused her of being a hippie.

Pretty sure he claimed his mother was in the Broadway show of Amadeus when she was pregnant, which is why she named him Amadeus.  I noticed a few weeks ago when his wife called to beg for his ban to be lifted, she called him by his real name.  I was so bummed Tom didn't catch it and impose a lifetime ban.  He did seem rather happy this time around to be banned.  I wonder if he was offended his name wasn't considered as one of the regulars, and called in with a boring call to make sure he could get banned.