Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2810713 times)

bigoteetoe

• Policemans heel
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #10110 on: June 18, 2013, 02:30:24 PM »

This is the cave. It's located in Wissahickon Park.

"Are you a Goonie?!??"

also: scary city
the pudding is delicious

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10111 on: June 19, 2013, 03:23:40 AM »
"Are you a Goonie," yes.  And good lord, that's one terrifying-looking cave.

Also: Star Trek characters being really into Fran Liebowitz.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10112 on: June 19, 2013, 11:49:29 AM »
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Laura from Spokane

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10113 on: June 20, 2013, 10:50:12 AM »
Some background about the cave:

The cave still stands (if a cave stands?) because it's a historic site of sorts. It was the headquarters of the Kelpius Community, who were a group of German mystics who lived in the area in the 1600s and were sort of a doomsday cult.

I'm not buying that story. America wasn't started until 1776. So how could there be Germans here in the 1600s?

Yeah. That's what I thought!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johannes_Kelpius People lived in America BEFORE 1776. That's just the year it became an official nation. Columbus came here in 1492, People came to America from other countries, including Germany, That's why we aren't all Native American.

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #10114 on: June 20, 2013, 12:41:26 PM »
^
I think BadGuyZero might, just might, be tongue-in-cheekin' it.
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10115 on: June 20, 2013, 01:23:35 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johannes_Kelpius People lived in America BEFORE 1776. That's just the year it became an official nation. Columbus came here in 1492, People came to America from other countries, including Germany, That's why we aren't all Native American.

Although it is very unclear, I believe you mean "the United States of America" (which is an official nation) and not "America" (which is a landmass comprising two [of the seven official] continents, as well as many islands, on Earth [a planet]). That said, it's a well-known fact that Germans did not come to America until the 20th century; the first was a pair of enterprising brothers currently living in New Jersey named Rutager and Werner.
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10116 on: June 20, 2013, 04:19:18 PM »
People lived in America BEFORE 1776.
What do we call them?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Crusherkc

« Reply #10117 on: June 20, 2013, 04:54:10 PM »
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10118 on: June 20, 2013, 10:23:33 PM »
What do we call them?

Pre-76ers.
I get it; some of them lived in teepees and others in caves.

Were they all on the same team?

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10119 on: June 21, 2013, 08:38:31 AM »
Uncle Mike's gift for his niece's next birthday is obvious: http://www.discogs.com/Mummies-Death-By-Unga-Bunga/release/1355621
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10120 on: June 21, 2013, 02:50:59 PM »
Certainly one of the best moments in Mikeness came when, an hour after announcing that there would be "no ch'koo" tonight because he was sticking to sports drinks, Mike realized the electrolytes were messing with his head and went off to locate an emergency Coors Light to straighten himself out.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Crusherkc

« Reply #10121 on: June 21, 2013, 03:53:03 PM »
Mike realized the electrolytes were messing with his head and went off to locate an emergency Coors Light to straighten himself out.

Mike must've called Ask President Carter. (starting at 2:15)
http://www.hulu.com/watch/4131

Mike, do you have any Allman Brothers? 

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
« Reply #10122 on: June 22, 2013, 02:10:24 PM »
What do we call them?

Pre-76ers.

a.k.a. Nationals. That's what the team was called before they moved from Syracuse to Philadelphia.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10123 on: June 22, 2013, 02:33:46 PM »
What do we call them?

Pre-76ers.

a.k.a. Nationals. That's what the team was called before they moved from Syracuse to Philadelphia.

We're all Flyers now, then?

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10124 on: June 26, 2013, 10:23:18 AM »
A very fun show last night. Just one of those shows that came together really well. The Darren call was just fantastic. The Pigpen Frankie Teardrop mash up was legitimately terrifying because Tom is getting closer and closer to the first scream of the song and just the tease of that happening is so unnerving. Those screams might be the worst sounds I have ever heard.