Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2777805 times)

Krokodil_Gena

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #12540 on: July 17, 2019, 12:22:21 AM »
Tom revealed that his bit next week is "designing the worst music festival" - in the chat I came up with:

....Crazy Town. They have a tent where bands only play covers of Squeeze, that Doug Yule "Velvet Underground" album where Ian Paice drummed instead of Mo Tucker, and Willie Alexander and Walter Powers had been sent home (the record was recorded in Britain.)

Tom came up with Kid Rock and Guy Fieri dueting/jamming out. I could see Crazy Town doing something with White Town and the Sneaker Pimps....I don't know what that thing would be, but it would rival Oasis' Be Here Now in overload, just watch.

Aaron from Chicago

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #12541 on: July 23, 2019, 11:48:57 PM »
In tonight's episode I called in and said I'd never forgive Tom if he cancelled the show, as a bit. I thought it would be kind of funny since everyone else was being supportive and reasonable to just go totally over the top petulant about it. I was trying to be kind of deadpan with it so the contrast between with what I was saying would give away that it was a joke, but it fell flat. So I just wanted Tom to know that I do think it's his prerogative if he needs to take a break, obviously. If anybody reading this can tell him, I'd appreciate it.

Edit: Nevermind I talked to the producer about it and he said he'd let Tom know. I might be overreacting but Tom's had it so rough lately that I was stricken with guilt just from the possibility I might've added to that in a small way.

Dammit

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #12542 on: July 25, 2019, 12:06:53 PM »
We are with you, Tom. Loss is hard.

Krokodil_Gena

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #12543 on: July 30, 2019, 11:38:02 PM »
To answer fonpr's question on the chat tonight, Tom had this small meltdown on Twitter last week, proving that the blue bird website is the Devil's Playground.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12544 on: July 31, 2019, 07:24:51 AM »
When you start to pay attention to the imagery associated with a certain subset of “vape lyfe” — the culture of the connoisseurs of e-juice, the Juul enthusiasts who hang out in the lounges or stream videos of vape trick masters and “cloud chasers” on YouTube — the aesthetic, from the store signage down to the brightly labeled glass bottles, is surprisingly consistent anarchy: the same boardwalk/strip mall vibe, with some ska/punk/hardcore elements and, at times, a nightmare cartoonishness. In fact, it calls to mind Allen’s arguably best-known work, which would come years later: Gritty, the beloved orange, googly-eyed, unhinged mascot of the Philadelphia Flyers.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12545 on: July 31, 2019, 07:27:43 AM »
A Reddit thread from three years ago asks “Juggalo Vapers” for advice on which vaping devices to bring to the Gathering that won’t get ruined by Faygo showers, an ICP tradition of spraying the crowd with the retro soft drink during concerts.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12546 on: August 03, 2019, 12:58:07 AM »
Anybody know the article that Nick Cave wrote that Tom mentioned?

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #12547 on: August 03, 2019, 04:04:57 PM »
A bit late, but I only now got to check out the show in which Tom kept bringing up his "Twitter meltdown", and I could not for the life of me figure out what he actually referred to. I gots to say, it added to the mystery.  :D
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12548 on: August 04, 2019, 04:51:10 PM »
 I enjoyed Mike and Tom just talking part from last Tuesday haven't finished the episode yet.

Dammit

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #12549 on: August 06, 2019, 04:22:49 AM »
I want to see that movie that Tom brought up: Barry Lyndon.

Why, I think that I'll do so.

It really sounds like Tom's spirits are up on the last few podcasts.

He's his normal down-trodden, Übermensch self again. 

Dammit

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #12550 on: August 06, 2019, 04:25:12 AM »
I enjoyed Mike and Tom just talking part from last Tuesday haven't finished the episode yet.

Yeah, me too. They even worked in Hitchcock and Freud for a bit.

It was a really lowbrow-high brow intellectual discussion.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12551 on: August 06, 2019, 04:39:49 PM »

[/quote]

It was a really lowbrow-high brow intellectual discussion.
[/quote]

The best kind.

Aaron from Chicago

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #12552 on: August 08, 2019, 12:29:49 AM »
A bit late, but I only now got to check out the show in which Tom kept bringing up his "Twitter meltdown", and I could not for the life of me figure out what he actually referred to. I gots to say, it added to the mystery.  :D

He deleted it.

Aaron from Chicago

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #12553 on: August 11, 2019, 03:23:02 PM »
To answer fonpr's question on the chat tonight, Tom had this small meltdown on Twitter last week, proving that the blue bird website is the Devil's Playground.

What's the chat?

mnstrfrc

• Policemans heel
« Reply #12554 on: August 13, 2019, 01:48:48 PM »
What's the chat?

There's a chat connected to the forum that takes place during the live show. It's often populated by FOT celebs. It's super fun