Author Topic: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)  (Read 913612 times)

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
Re: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)
« Reply #1185 on: January 05, 2010, 02:48:26 PM »
Marketing and publicity people who pretend the word No doesn't exist (which actually just means they're scared shitless to say it), so they push at everybody and everything till they hear an answer they like, or at least till they hear one that doesn't make them piss themselves at the thought of conveying the message back to their overlords.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1186 on: January 05, 2010, 05:16:14 PM »
You could have stopped after " ...people"
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #1187 on: January 05, 2010, 06:07:35 PM »
You could have stopped after " ...people"

I thought about that; I figured I'd take some crap for not backing up my answer with examples.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1188 on: January 06, 2010, 07:59:27 AM »
I hate it when uninteresting people post  cliche' quotes on social networking sites.  You could remove 10 quotes from the world and get rid of about 90% of the population's "favorite" quotes.

Be the change I hope to see?  Besides being hacky, it's just not true.  I've been a racial separatist my whole life and it seems like it hasn't done any good at all.
Bingo- I'm havin' a time

ChrisRawk

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1189 on: January 06, 2010, 08:12:00 AM »
I found out today I have to pay $500 to get my car fixed.  Plus I have a show tonight (I'm a comic), so instead of rehearsing and getting ready and being excited and pumped like I SHOULD be, it's been a day of begrudgingly getting money together that I really don't have to get my stupid car fixed, which is just upsetting and infuriating. 

I don't know if this is a "stuff I hate" so much as me bitching about having a lousy day.  I just hope tonight is a good show.  Or I guess you could look at it as something lousy canceling out something awesome.  Which I do indeed hate.

Two months or so ago this happened.  I'm now reliving this exact scenario again.  My car has died around the same time I need it for a show.  Although last time I ended up having a really good show.  Hopefully that will be the case again.  But I do hate when history repeats itself.
"Heave Ho!"

@ChrisNeri

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1190 on: January 06, 2010, 08:19:23 AM »
I also hate apostrophes.
Bingo- I'm havin' a time

Sarah

« Reply #1191 on: January 06, 2010, 09:09:38 AM »
You,re so cantankerous, Andy.

moonshake

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #1192 on: January 08, 2010, 05:12:12 PM »
I hate it when computer professionals can't spell 'website'.

We seem to be having an issue with the ftp'ing of the files from Unisys to the webserver it looks like they are transmitting ok except that they are not parsing correctly on the webside,
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling

emma

« Reply #1193 on: January 09, 2010, 12:18:15 PM »
Fuck you, Canada Post. Fuck you up, down and sideways. I wish you were one person so I could hope your foot gets run over by a car.

Because my mailbox is difficult to close (not by any means broken or impossible) they've stopped delivering my mail. This means I am potentially going to be missing out on birthday cards from family, FOTmail, bills, etc. On the note they so kindly slipped into the mailbox to inform me of this, they gave me the address of the place I could go to claim my mail. So I trudge out there in the cold and the snow, only to find out that that building has been closed since 2005. The phone number they gave me redirects to Canada Post's "customer service hotline," which I spent an hour navigating. The results of that phone call: I now have a "case file" that someone will "look into" within six business days. So in two weeks if I'm lucky I can expect to get a phone call from someone telling me where I can pick up my fucking mail.

ARGH.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1194 on: January 09, 2010, 12:31:51 PM »
Bank of America.  Enjoy that 70 bucks, shitheads, because it's the last you'll get out of me.  Come Tuesday I'm moving my money to The People's Federal Credit Union.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1195 on: January 09, 2010, 03:03:21 PM »
Bank of America.  Enjoy that 70 bucks, shitheads, because it's the last you'll get out of me.  Come Tuesday I'm moving my money to The People's Federal Credit Union.

Credit Unions are far superior institutions. 
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1196 on: January 09, 2010, 03:08:16 PM »
Yeah, I don't understand why anyone would use a fr profit bank.
Bingo- I'm havin' a time

crumbum

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1197 on: January 09, 2010, 04:18:10 PM »
Yeah, I don't understand why anyone would use a fr profit bank.

Libertarians love 'em.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1198 on: January 09, 2010, 06:36:13 PM »

Two years ago, upon returning from a week-long vacation on a Sunday night, I found a letter in the mail from Bank of America saying I had a $17,000 TAX LIEN AGAINST ME - which was not the case at all - and that they were withdrawing it all from my bank accounts. The amount in the accounts would cover a fraction of that.  So basically, they had taken all of my money. 

Being Sunday night, there was NO ONE I could reach.  Nothing I could do.  I sat there in bed, not sleeping at all, picturing my children looking like Tiny Tim asking passersby for farthings while coughing from consumption.

Next day, I go in as calmly as possible to ask what was going on.  I provided my SSN and the person looked it up and said "Is your middle initial P?"  "No,"  I replied.  It was apparently another person with my name.  Had they bothered to check the SSN before sending me that note and cleaning me out? NO!  I asked if someone was going to send me an apology and was told the bank does not do that.  At least the money was put back into my account that day.

Horrible bank. Horrible.

Come to think of it, that should be their slogan.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Mark in Helsinki

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1199 on: January 10, 2010, 05:42:01 PM »
I just stumbled on this and couldn't decide where to post it... I suppose here is as good as any, as I hate it.

It's an iPod Touch / iPhone app for people who want to do more of their parenting on their iPhone!

REWARD CHART is THE application for iPhone-owning parents!!

http://freeappalert.com/clk/318046025

I don’t think you will find a better way to reinforce positive behavior, instill good habits and build confidence in your children.

From toilet training your toddler, to encouraging good grades at school from your older kids, this colorful, and fully customizable Reward Chart will make it a fun experience for all of you!

In public, encouraging good behavior and good listening is both challenging and vital for safety, this portable chart makes that easy and fun it just works!
My wife and I found that our old chart back at home was ‘out of site and out of mind’ when out of the house. This application not only bridges that gap, but is so much more fun for them, it has become an enjoyable bed time routine to let them add stars to their special chart, and at the end of the week, they can see what they won!... a special medal or trophy!!

Your kids can see the awards they have won, and watch their progress week after week towards the top prizes!

Add their name to the chart, make the background their favorite colour!
Add whatever categories you want and set the numbers of stars required for each prize! And that is it! Simple!

I didn't put the link there thinking you should get it, just so you can look at the ridiculousness of it all... There's a category for "behavior when going out to restaurants" on it! Ew.
"Is this me?"