Author Topic: Tropic Thunder...  (Read 11853 times)

emma

Re: Tropic Thunder...
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2008, 04:45:06 PM »
i wanted to kick that main character in the balls sack becaue he's such a pussy.

I love this sentence and also I am confused by it.

Raad_Man

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2008, 07:14:36 PM »
is there a Raad_Man filter yet?
obviously there's no dick-sniffing douchebag filter yet. 

Steeley Chris

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2008, 11:25:42 AM »
I am convinced that Raad_Man is Quentin Tarantino.
Or at the very least Kevin Smith - both toilet-mouthed. 
"Dad gets mad."

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2008, 11:36:10 AM »
I'm convinced that Raad_Man is some other FOT, exorcising his (surely not her) demons that would have previously been set free in fotchan.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2008, 12:06:13 PM »
Yeah, that's my theory too. If not, what is he even doing here? What got him here? Why is he staying?

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2008, 12:25:24 PM »
Raad_Man is, as Junk said, an old school FOT/WFMU message board poster.  Happily, his NSFW appearance on WFMU's "Conservative Corner" is still on the blog

Raad_Man

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2008, 12:44:18 PM »
holy shit, that was fun.  i feel bad for having a screaming match with chris t, but it's understandable since i was hammered.  i got so drunk that when that show was over i tried to make some hushpuppies, but fucked it up and it turned into this one giant brown rock thing with no cornbread and tons of grease.  but i had to eat them because i didn't have shit else to eat.  i got really sick that morning. 

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2008, 11:55:12 PM »
The Tom Cruise stuff was painfully unfunny.  Ben Stiller seems to think that excessive cursing and ridiculous prosthetics combined with stupid dance sequences is comedy gold when it's mostly just unbearable to watch.

Phantom Hugger

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2008, 02:34:08 AM »
Raad_Man is, as Junk said, an old school FOT/WFMU message board poster.  Happily, his NSFW appearance on WFMU's "Conservative Corner" is still on the blog

Raad_Man

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2008, 05:57:59 AM »
The Tom Cruise stuff was painfully unfunny.  Ben Stiller seems to think that excessive cursing and ridiculous prosthetics combined with stupid dance sequences is comedy gold when it's mostly just unbearable to watch.

yeah, but like  ninty nine percent of the rest of the world found it funny.  guess that makes them dumb asses right? 

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2008, 09:13:09 AM »

yeah, but like  ninty nine percent of the rest of the world found it funny.  guess that makes them dumb asses right? 

Nah, the only people I'll call dumbasses are those who buy a ticket to see Disaster Movie and enjoy it.

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2008, 11:06:04 AM »
I'll definitely be watching 'Disaster Movie'
but I shan't pay for it.
I'm a sucker for those Seltzer/Friedberg films.
Really wish I wasn't.
God, they're terrible.
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2008, 05:30:32 PM »

How do you know whether they found it funny or not?  And does that 99% include gypsies?
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Days of Se7en

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2008, 06:47:34 PM »

When I went to see the movie Monday night, the crowd was not laughing particularly hard at the Tom Cruise bits.  Everyone kind of whispered when they figured out who he was, there was that brief enjoyment of recognition, but beyond that?  Crickets.  Guess that kinda refutes your statement, right?

I thought the main problem with Tropic Thunder was that it essentially became the film it was trying to parody: a bloated, overly expensive action dud.  I was expecting satire or at least funny jokes, but what I got was another near-laughless action-comedy, as if there weren't enough of those.

All of this year's major film comedies have disappointed me to some degree.  Last year now feels like a distant comedy paradise (Knocked Up, Superbad, Walk Hard, The Ten) compared to this year's sorry crop (I did think Pineapple Express was pretty good but, again, a disappointment considering what it COULD'VE been, esp. with David Gordon Green directing).
Don't worry, I'm not actually a fan of the film Se7en.  I just think that numerical spelling is hilarious.

Raad_Man

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2008, 07:07:28 PM »
99 percent of my theater was laughing.  if you were really hearing crickets, then mabe you weren't even in the theater!  but maybe you were just saying crickets as a joke.  if so, hats off to you good man for a well cracked joke.  if only ben stiller was that talented maybe a full 100% of the theater would have laughed.