Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 291041 times)

Sara from Chicago

• Policemans heel
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #270 on: March 25, 2009, 01:15:55 PM »
Hello.  I'm Pastor Josh.  I live in rural Illinois try to do good stuff.

Hi Josh! I like your calls. What part of Illinois?

Pastor Josh

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #271 on: March 25, 2009, 01:33:16 PM »
On the East Coast, near Lawrenceville.  I live much south of you.  I didn't realize there was much to like about my calls, but I enjoy them. 
Who I don't have chocolate?

Sara from Chicago

• Policemans heel
« Reply #272 on: March 25, 2009, 02:51:08 PM »
On the East Coast, near Lawrenceville.  I live much south of you.  I didn't realize there was much to like about my calls, but I enjoy them. 

LOL "Coast"! I just meant it's nice to hear someone on the show who's so polite and genuine, and it's also neat to hear from a pastor.

LesSavyFan

• Policemans heel
« Reply #273 on: March 25, 2009, 09:33:29 PM »
Hello all! First post here. Another Canadian listener, from Alberta. I just got into the show recently and now I'm devouring the archives. Thanks for the laughs Tom.

methanolcereal

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #274 on: March 28, 2009, 09:35:23 PM »
Hey.

I've been listening to the Best Show for the better part of four years. I felt like taking the dive and signing up for the forum.

I've called up a couple times. My most (and only) memorable call was recommending John Cale (well, and Mike) for the List of Everything last summer.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #275 on: March 28, 2009, 10:18:42 PM »

I know somebody lives in Homer, IL.  But that's about it for my non-Chicago IL connections.

Pastor Josh

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #276 on: March 29, 2009, 12:45:49 AM »

I know somebody lives in Homer, IL.  But that's about it for my non-Chicago IL connections.

Where's Homer?
Who I don't have chocolate?

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #277 on: March 29, 2009, 09:41:27 AM »

Sort of near Urbana-Champaign.  I think East.  My friend essentially has bought the town and revived it as kind of a 'project'.

Where's Homer?

ddaavviidd

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #278 on: March 31, 2009, 07:56:31 PM »
Hi people,

I just registered here. I've listened to the Best Show since some time last summer. First time I heard about the show was when a stupid video I'd put up on Youtube ( http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=Pq4ZRHmyYKs ) got lots of visitors from a link on this forum. Then a while after that I heard a few hilarious Scharpling & Wurster clips on Fluxblog.com.

And now I'm hooked! I love this show. Tonight I think I'll listen live for the first time, even though it's in the middle of the night here in Sweden and I have shit to do tomorrow.

Oh, and I too very much appreciate Pastor Josh's calls.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #279 on: March 31, 2009, 08:10:36 PM »
Tonight I think I'll listen live for the first time, even though it's in the middle of the night here in Sweden and I have shit to do tomorrow.

What exactly are you trying to pull here?

ddaavviidd

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #280 on: March 31, 2009, 08:37:00 PM »
Tonight I think I'll listen live for the first time, even though it's in the middle of the night here in Sweden and I have shit to do tomorrow.

Oh hi! I live in Malmö too. Not in the industrial harbour though!

ddaavviidd

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #281 on: April 01, 2009, 04:04:04 PM »

I must say though, what a weird fucking way to welcome new people.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #282 on: April 01, 2009, 06:24:04 PM »
Välkommen.

Mr San

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #283 on: April 01, 2009, 11:25:43 PM »
I've been a listener for years, but I thought I would get on board with the ... board. I'm San from New Zealand. Pleased to meet ya.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #284 on: April 02, 2009, 12:34:47 PM »
Welcome Mr. San. I can't imagine that there are that many Best Show listeners in New Zealand.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.