Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 290958 times)

Andy Harwoos

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #555 on: January 09, 2010, 05:43:25 PM »
Snow's pretty bad - have to wear a whole extra layer!!! And yesterday I slipped on some ice!!!!!!!!
<a href = "http://andyharwood.tumblr.com/">yeprs</a>

Ojingeo

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #556 on: January 11, 2010, 06:31:04 PM »
my name is Dan, but my handle is meltmaster. it is kind of unfortunate. i realized that around 2004 when i took over for a teacher at Bloomfield College who had gotten sick. i told my students if they wanted to to contact me at "meltmaster(at)aol.com." one of my students asked "why are you the meltmaster?" i didn't have a good answer. in fact, i can't even remember what i said. i've blacked it out. that was the first time i had taught freshman comp, and was extremely nervous. anyhow, yes i have taught in New Jersey, but i was living in Queens at the time. Now i'm unemployed and living with my mom in Aurora, Colorado. Lots of time to listen the archives.

i've been listening to the best show for more than a year now, and so it's time that i leave a digital paper trail on the FOT board. Tom is a good influence in my life because he's grounded in reality, and i'm mostly not. For example, I am an obsessive Werner Herzog fan. My dream is to go to the Herzog Rogue film school. Although the star of White Diamond, in an email to me that he sent me in response about a question I had about the balloon boy, said i should gatecrash the school. makes sense. What's more rogue than gatecrashing a Rogue Film School? Sounds like it's going to be a disaster. Probably better that I don't go.

hello FOTs. I love you all. Or if i don't love you now i hope to love you in the future.

Dan AKA meltmaster
I can hear you judging me.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #557 on: January 11, 2010, 07:32:16 PM »
he's grounded in reality

Which reality?

Just wondering.

Your Pal

In New Port Richey
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #558 on: January 11, 2010, 10:12:37 PM »
hello FOTs. I love you all.

I think you'll fit right in.  I know we just met but, ILY2.
Doing it Mentos style.

Ojingeo

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #559 on: January 12, 2010, 12:39:43 AM »
Thank you, Just Nicole. I need a place to feel warm and fuzzy in.

fonpr: The reality of which is speak is the REAL reality. Granted, it takes a leap of faith to believe in the REAL reality--but I believe in it. And I believe Tom believes in it too. How do I know it's real? I don't. But having acknowledged that I can't know the real reality, I feel that I can move on and try to make pragmatic movements towards a better understanding of myself and my surroundings and the world. btw, I'm a big fan of yours, but I completely disagree about your views on puppets.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #560 on: January 12, 2010, 12:07:15 PM »

fonpr: The reality of which is  I completely disagree about your views on puppets.

If you are interested in reality you soon will see the what the puppets have in mind.  I just hope it won't be too late.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

mackro

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #561 on: January 12, 2010, 09:54:59 PM »
Hello for the 1st time from Seattle!

I like niceness, I saw the nice thread title, so here i am.

I'm here because I joined twitter and -- before I knew it -- I was surrounded by lots of really swell folks related to WFMU, The Best Show, and the FOT gang.  I am @mackromackro there. (This will be my only plug in this post.)

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #562 on: January 12, 2010, 11:04:29 PM »
I have seen you and talked to you on Twitter, mackro. Welcome!

Ojingeo

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #563 on: January 12, 2010, 11:53:25 PM »
@mackro i talked to you on twitter too. how does that happen? twitter is magic and we are the new wave of FOT

@fonpr not as magic as puppets. Just remember that the Master of Puppets and the Masters of Reality are not necessarily the same thing.

Andy Harwoos

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #564 on: January 13, 2010, 12:05:01 AM »
I am Andy Harwood. I am from Bath, England. I've been listening for about 4 years but I just summoned up the courage to participate. 

Hows the snow there? hope your surviving THE BIG FREEZE, a news story so scary it has its own title and theme music.

I made a vid of the countryside around bath in the snow (accompanied by the music of yo la tengo)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qNOIbbUSs0&feature=youtube_gdata

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #565 on: January 13, 2010, 02:22:22 PM »
I am Andy Harwood. I am from Bath, England. I've been listening for about 4 years but I just summoned up the courage to participate. 

Hows the snow there? hope your surviving THE BIG FREEZE, a news story so scary it has its own title and theme music.

I made a vid of the countryside around bath in the snow (accompanied by the music of yo la tengo)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qNOIbbUSs0&feature=youtube_gdata

You didn't use 'Tears For Fears' as background music? They're from Bath, right?

Andy Harwoos

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #566 on: January 13, 2010, 02:27:20 PM »
Nic cage lives in bath. He lives 10 minutes away from my uni

tref

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #567 on: January 13, 2010, 03:15:16 PM »
Nic cage lives in bath. He lives 10 minutes away from my uni

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6i2WRreARo&feature=related

I think you'll find nick cage actually lives in his own world, in which remaking wickerman with fight scenes featuring his punching out women is a worthy artistic endeavour.

nicole

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #568 on: January 21, 2010, 05:19:47 PM »
Hi Everybody,
I am new to the forum but not to the show. I have been a card carrying FOT for at least a couple years now. Anyway I would like to be a more active participant because I love all things Best Show, so here I am.

Can someone explain the "That's it Brock-o, shake him off!" and "post burning" thing? Sorry if that's a stupid question. Is there some kind of goal to post a ton? Prizes?

Thanks. Nicole

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #569 on: January 21, 2010, 10:12:04 PM »
Hi Everybody,
I am new to the forum but not to the show. I have been a card carrying FOT for at least a couple years now. Anyway I would like to be a more active participant because I love all things Best Show, so here I am.

Can someone explain the "That's it Brock-o, shake him off!" and "post burning" thing? Sorry if that's a stupid question. Is there some kind of goal to post a ton? Prizes?

Thanks. Nicole

Hi Nicole. I like your name.

I'm not sure what the "That's it Brock-o, shake him off" is about, I just know that the quotes change as you post more. It's probably a quote from something. I'm sure someone else knows.

Post burning is a place to go if you're trying to get to a higher post count. For any reason. There MAY or may not be a payoff.

:)
Doing it Mentos style.