Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 290944 times)

badgrammer

• Achilles bursitis
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #735 on: February 23, 2011, 12:40:49 PM »
Hi, this is John from San Francisco. I am sort of obsessed with this show, and have been urged to phone in by a Quality Caller. This Q.C. has questioned my courage for not calling up. But I don't know if I could learn to live with being Heave Ho'd. Anyway, hello everyone.

Don't fear the Heave Ho. Just don't be a jerk and, even if you're heave ho'd, you will live to call again.

You can do it! It took me nearly two years, but yeah, you can't fear it (this coming from probably the most nervous person in the history of the best show...maybe?) you just have to DO IT!
"Don't be near me."
www.twitter.com/badgrammer

jayrados

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #736 on: February 28, 2011, 05:23:46 PM »
Hi everybody.

This is Jay in Memphis. I've been listening for about 3 years now. The first time I heard the show, I knew nothing about it and Philly Boy Roy called in. I had no idea what was happening and was hooked from that point on.

I've never called in, but I did have the good fortune of meeting Tom and bearing witness to Fredericks at Gonerfest last year. Easily the highlight of 2010 for me.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #737 on: February 28, 2011, 07:00:43 PM »
Hi everybody.

This is Jay in Memphis. I've been listening for about 3 years now. The first time I heard the show, I knew nothing about it and Philly Boy Roy called in. I had no idea what was happening and was hooked from that point on.

I've never called in, but I did have the good fortune of meeting Tom and bearing witness to Fredericks at Gonerfest last year. Easily the highlight of 2010 for me.

Volunteer State greetings to another Tennessee Tuxedo.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #738 on: February 28, 2011, 09:11:15 PM »
Hi everybody.

Volunteer State greetings to another Tennessee Tuxedo.

Welcome, Dave from Knoxville!
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

GS509

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #739 on: March 03, 2011, 06:40:19 PM »
Hey y'all signing on from Temple, TX.

Tentpole

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #740 on: March 18, 2011, 09:21:05 PM »
Hello All,  Emeryville is a small city across the bay from San Francisco. That's where I am, and I've quickly become an everyday show archive listener.
A question for the long-timers.  Tom often makes a slightly panicked noise when he hangs up the phone.  A little gasp. Does anyone know the origin of that reaction?  I find it very lovable.

jonte77

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #741 on: March 20, 2011, 10:09:44 AM »
Jonathan from Sweden here saying hello!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #742 on: March 20, 2011, 10:49:24 AM »

Tom often makes a slightly panicked noise when he hangs up the phone.  A little gasp. Does anyone know the origin of that reaction?  I find it very lovable.
I take it to mean he's so happy with the call he's a little startled.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

steven

• Plantar Fasciitis
Greetings from El Paso, TX
« Reply #743 on: March 25, 2011, 06:14:44 PM »
I've just gotten into the Best Show and am liking it after a three-month period of listening to it for the first time and hating it, because I have a terrible attention span.

The tipping point was the first 2011 show with all the bad callers. I like the trainwrecks as much as I like the successes, and I admire the patience that Tom puts into doing all this as well as the on-air explosions he makes when he's fed up with it all. The one that made me a new listener was the Gathering of the Juggalos episode, because I seriously entertained the thought of Tom and crew dressing up like KISS rejects and infiltrating Bloodymania 3. (I love the idea that Bloodymania was used as an actual name.)

ChicagoMarquee

• Plantar Fasciitis
Greetings from Chicago
« Reply #744 on: March 29, 2011, 01:29:45 AM »
...is anyone still calling it Chi-Town?

Anywho - my name is Matt from Chicago.  Relatively recent discoverer of 'Best Show' greatness and first time forum user. My brother Jon turned me on to the show and have been hooked ever since.  I plan on calling in soon but not sure what to bring up for a first call! I think I have some pretty good/hopefully-somewhat-interesting things I could ask/tell Tom about...I suppose we shall see.

Just wanted to say HI to everyone and hope to interact with all you F's of T soon! Thanks!

Boogdish

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #745 on: April 02, 2011, 04:54:23 PM »
Hey y'all signing on from Temple, TX.

Welcome!  I grew up in the Belton/Temple area.  Nice to see some other folks from our area on the board.
If you're not a job creator, you better step the fuck away from that hot dog machine.

Infamous Uncle

• Policemans heel
« Reply #746 on: April 07, 2011, 02:48:31 PM »
I'm only just now realizing that my account was verified.
But anyway, greetings from central PA to all you wonderful people!

amazingjourney

• Policemans heel
« Reply #747 on: April 07, 2011, 07:15:28 PM »
Ben from Brooklyn here. Grew up in Nashville TN though.

Long time listener. Zero time caller. Hi guys!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #748 on: April 07, 2011, 10:04:02 PM »
Hello.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #749 on: April 07, 2011, 11:10:45 PM »
Is that really you, Fredericks?