Author Topic: Humorless Politics Thread  (Read 854089 times)

cutout

• Space Champion!
Re: Humorless Politics Thread
« Reply #660 on: October 15, 2008, 01:06:35 PM »
No but if your mom tried to be caustic, this is how it would come out.

That's the whitest "mama joke" ever.

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #661 on: October 15, 2008, 01:11:49 PM »
Ha Ha.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #662 on: October 15, 2008, 09:59:48 PM »
Your mother is so gauche, she ate her cucumber sandwich with her LEFT hand while reaching for a PAPER DOILY to wipe her mouth.

Oh, goodness, snap.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #663 on: October 15, 2008, 10:10:43 PM »
Oh crap. Roe v. Wade had to be brought up sometime.

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #664 on: October 15, 2008, 11:48:53 PM »
After Heart and Foo Fighters, now Bon Jovi has objected to the McCain/Palin campaigns using their song at rallies.
http://www.nme.com/news/bon-jovi/40468

Don't these fuckers think of this BEFORE selecting a song? it seems very shoot-in-foot to always have people saying "we don't endorse this!" It's not like they're ever going to run out of Hank 3 songs, is it.
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

Gibby

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #665 on: October 16, 2008, 06:36:03 AM »
Todd, your mom is much more caustic and in-the-know than mine, apparently.

Just go back and read the quotes in the voice of the mother from Freaks and Geeks.
"How do they see you when there's no light?"

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #666 on: October 16, 2008, 09:56:05 AM »
After Heart and Foo Fighters, now Bon Jovi has objected to the McCain/Palin campaigns using their song at rallies.

Don't these fuckers think of this BEFORE selecting a song? it seems very shoot-in-foot to always have people saying "we don't endorse this!" It's not like they're ever going to run out of Hank 3 songs, is it.

These artists gave up their right to complain about people they don't like doing public performances of their songs when they started cashing those ASCAP checks.

Actually, they can complain all they want, but it annoys me when bands like Heart get lawyers involved given that they don't have a legal leg to stand on.  (Using a song in an ad is a different story of course.)

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #667 on: October 16, 2008, 12:46:24 PM »

These artists gave up their right to complain about people they don't like doing public performances of their songs when they started cashing those ASCAP checks.

Actually, they can complain all they want, but it annoys me when bands like Heart get lawyers involved given that they don't have a legal leg to stand on.  (Using a song in an ad is a different story of course.)

Hmmm ... Maybe as a symbolic move, Heart and all those other bands could write out a check to the McCain campaign, representing their ASCAP share for the play of their song at a McCain Nuremberg rally event. I'm sure it would be a very piddling amount. Pennies.

The next move would be to multiply that figure by 666 and issue a check for that amount to the Obama campaign.

(Is it just a coincidence that YesNo's comment on this topic is the 666th post on this thread?)

"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #668 on: October 16, 2008, 01:02:11 PM »

(Is it just a coincidence that YesNo's comment on this topic is the 666th post on this thread?)

No.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #669 on: October 16, 2008, 01:42:04 PM »
I've been thinking that maybe the liberal media filter had been exaggerating the shocking behavior at Republican rallies. Then I saw this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRqcfqiXCX0
Wow. Scary stuff, and weird. Al-Jazeera reporting from Ohio? Imagine if those interviewees knew they'd been talking to an Al-Jazeera reporter - they would have torn him limb from limb!

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #670 on: October 16, 2008, 01:45:44 PM »
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

cutout

• Space Champion!
« Reply #671 on: October 16, 2008, 02:00:52 PM »

jbissell

• Space Champion!