Author Topic: Sarah Palin Videos  (Read 6524 times)

moonshake

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Sarah Palin Videos
« on: September 25, 2008, 10:51:30 PM »
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling

Josh

• Space Champion!
Re: Sarah Palin Videos
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 03:20:03 AM »
1. Aren't there enough humorless politics threads already?

2. WE FUCKING GET IT!
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

todd

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 09:51:06 AM »
1. Aren't there enough humorless politics threads already?

2. WE FUCKING GET IT!

I was enjoying them, SORRY DAD

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 11:52:13 AM »
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Trembling Eagle

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 12:13:06 PM »
Isn't that pretty much the US Israel policy since 1948 though?

Unquestioning support for Israel, full stop.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 01:44:37 AM »
Isn't that pretty much the US Israel policy since 1948 though?

Unquestioning support for Israel, full stop.

Yes.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 02:46:40 PM »
I'm voting for Obama, but I'm with Josh on this one.

How about trying to, you know, not replicate the same crap that's already on every board dominated by liberal types, which is itself only a mirror of the same crap that's already on every board dominated by conservative types?

How about doing something surprising or interesting instead?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Sarah

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 03:16:56 PM »
Surprising or interesting?  Jesus.  Now I'm completely paralyzed.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 03:18:11 PM »

How about trying to, you know, not replicate the same crap that's already on every board dominated by liberal types, which is itself only a mirror of the same crap that's already on every board dominated by conservative types?

Ball's in your court. Surprise us.

moonshake

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 04:26:13 PM »
Fascinating.
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008, 05:13:06 PM »

Also, Israel is a stinking corpse.

Hey!  You're a bad guy!!

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2008, 06:00:57 PM »

Also, I don't agree with Junk 2.0 about how "Concentration Camps were really just a forerunner of 'Hooked on Phonics.'"  That's offensive, Junk, and somehow beneath you.

Hey!  I support all forms of genocide.

Goodness gracious!  I didn't realize that we were dealing with "John Birch Junk 2.0," or I would have brought my tinfoil hat.

(You know I'm funning you, Junk.  Don't you? :-[)

Dave B. - I sympathize and don't claim I have anything of particular interest to say, in a FOT context, on politics, besides my standard "a plague o' both your houses."  It's just, if the FOTs ARE going to do politics, I'd rather it be more content-oriented than "isn't Sarah Palin an idiot, look at these videos." 

And I didn't mean to single out Moonshake in particular.

Honestly, I think we need to put the blame for this where it belongs - on Josh.  Am I right?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2008, 08:59:11 PM »

Dave B. - I sympathize and don't claim I have anything of particular interest to say, in a FOT context, on politics, besides my standard "a plague o' both your houses."  It's just, if the FOTs ARE going to do politics, I'd rather it be more content-oriented than "isn't Sarah Palin an idiot, look at these videos." 

And I didn't mean to single out Moonshake in particular.

Honestly, I think we need to put the blame for this where it belongs - on Josh.  Am I right?

I thought that some of the discussions within the political threads were interesting, and that some of the jokes and asides within those discussions were funny. Yes, a lot of it appears on other boards, but that's okay with me ... It reduces the number of other boards I'm compelled to visit for polictical chatter. I'd rather get my political chatter filtered thru FOT sensibilities than from other places. Geeze, if you think the threads over here are humorless, you should see what passes for humor on most other boards.

(That last sentence was directed more towards Josh, I guess).

As far as "isn't Sarah Palin an idiot, look at these videos" ... sure, it's not the most erudite way to discuss the issue, but you can understand the compulsion, right? For most of us, it's been less than a month since she was sprung upon our collective conciousness. We're still trying to figure out who this crazy bitch is, and why she's next in succession to the OLDEST presidential candidate EVER.

Fear not, I'm sure the volume of political threads will diminish after November. Unless, of course, there's a year-2000 style balloting fuckup.

Richard

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 04:46:19 PM »
This is not even about politics anymore, or where you stand politically, we as a nation cannot afford to have this person be Vice President. If she was smart, or selfless, she would realize this and step down. Obviously, she is not.
Jack Cafferty loses his cool in this clip, rightfully so.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8__aXxXPVc[/youtube]

moonshake

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 05:01:25 PM »
I'm looking forward to the first VP debate on Oct 2.
-Tom Scharpling