Author Topic: Podcast Suggestions?  (Read 650517 times)

Matthew_S

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Podcast Suggestions?
« Reply #345 on: December 10, 2010, 05:34:39 PM »
sorta off topic, but close enough.

What happened to my podcasts??   All of a sudden (within the last week or few), many of the podcasts I download (Sound of Young America, for example) have lengthened their already ridiculously long filename to be even longer and now my (windows) computer tells me they are too large for the recycle bin and my mp3 player tells me their filename is too long to transfer.  BWAH!?

Am I alone in this?

FYI - I do not use iTunes.

roubaix

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #346 on: December 11, 2010, 03:13:35 AM »
But holy hell, every other sentence he mentioned he was Irish. And then after mentioning it a whole lot, he used it as a way to rationalize his behavior. As in, "oh well, I'm Irish so I would totally..." and I think it was something about being violent or aggressive.
That's an annoying persona he uses be a hard-ass.  Based on the handful of "Fitzdog" podcasts I've heard, it's much better when he drops the front.

dragonchiptune

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #347 on: December 14, 2010, 02:53:21 AM »
I'm digging through podcast archives, it's taking weeks to catch up with them. There's a carrot on the stick. When I finish the archives I know I'm going to change some podcasts and try others.

I hear all episodes of The Best Show live and it's in the WFMU archives if I did miss one, the podcast isn't really made for me.

I've been listening to Comedy And Everything Else archives and I am going for the finish line and I'm unsubscribing once I'm there. I was somehow more interested. I've maybe gotten exhausted.

The one's I'm keeping:

Best Show Gems
Fredericks MIND Thing
The Pod F. Tompkast
Superego

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #348 on: December 14, 2010, 09:09:31 AM »
I'm digging through podcast archives, it's taking weeks to catch up with them. There's a carrot on the stick. When I finish the archives I know I'm going to change some podcasts and try others.

I hear all episodes of The Best Show live and it's in the WFMU archives if I did miss one, the podcast isn't really made for me.

I've been listening to Comedy And Everything Else archives and I am going for the finish line and I'm unsubscribing once I'm there. I was somehow more interested. I've maybe gotten exhausted.

The one's I'm keeping:

Best Show Gems
Fredericks MIND Thing
The Pod F. Tompkast
Superego

Thanks Dragon,  I am complimented by the company.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #349 on: December 14, 2010, 02:56:47 PM »
Why hasn't Jimmy Dore devoted 75 - 100 hours of Comedy and Everything Else to this Jesse Thorpe-sponsoring atrocity?

http://www.humber.ca/program/comedy-writing-and-performance

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #350 on: December 14, 2010, 03:19:27 PM »
I've been digging through the Nerdist podcast archives. So far I really like it. They have pretty good discussions about nerdy things. They also have some really good and interesting guests, notably people from Mad Men. I really enjoy when they get into analyzing comedy as well.

The only dud episode I've found was the one with Allison Scagliotti. She seemed nice and cool but at 19 was trying way too hard to be adult and hip (well, I guess who doesn't at that age). Also, there was a really weird tension that happened when Chris Hardwick was flirting with her hardcore and then she said she was 19 and he got skeeved out and didn't know what to do with himself.

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #351 on: December 18, 2010, 06:38:06 PM »
I am giving the thumbs down to "Uhh Yeah Dude" and this would be my crtique :
1. Lay off the fantasy football crowd. It's not "12-sided-die-gay" as far as i can see, even though i do not partake in it.
2.Go and get some laughs from your material. I can read amusing headlines on the internet all day and all night. You are supposed to be funny not the story. People who can do it and from whom you could learn: Paul F Tompkins, Patton Oswalt, Tom Scharpling.
3. Stop using your weird slang! You guys sound like Jon from Delocated, yet not funny because it seems like you really talk in this manner.

LaurenNicole

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #352 on: December 19, 2010, 07:06:53 AM »
comedy death ray is awesome,

the newest greg proops one "raspberries" is flippin fantastic, he does a whole bit about berlusconi's bunga bunga parties, and Gadaffi's outfits, which is some of the funniest comedy i've ever heard, i love the way he phrases things. 
Crumblestein by name Crumblestein by nature!

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #353 on: December 19, 2010, 01:35:02 PM »
comedy death ray is awesome,

the newest greg proops one "raspberries" is flippin fantastic, he does a whole bit about berlusconi's bunga bunga parties, and Gadaffi's outfits, which is some of the funniest comedy i've ever heard, i love the way he phrases things.

Every time he said bunga bunga I exploded into laughter, but his whole show is just terrific.

Reeleyes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #354 on: December 21, 2010, 04:14:39 PM »
I loved the latest "Proopscast". I've also like Who Charted? with Howard Kremer (aka Dragon Boy Suede). The Kumail Nanjiani episode was pretty funny.
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.

teenboat

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #355 on: December 23, 2010, 11:44:35 PM »
We just had stand up comic Jackie Kashian on my podcast Shoddy Radio. She was great, and has her own podcast called The Dork Forest in which she interviews her guests to find out what type of dorks they are. I recommend both of these podcasts (especially Shoddy Radio), and if you can't trust me, who CAN you trust?
This podcast is usually funny

Shoddy Radio

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #356 on: December 23, 2010, 11:52:41 PM »
Paul Scheer's new podcast How Did This Get Made? just released its first episode and it's great. I like Who Charted? too. I've liked all of the Earwolf podcasts that I've heard except Sklarbro Country, but I think that's because I'm not much of a sports fan.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #357 on: December 26, 2010, 09:02:10 PM »
I am going to recommend a particular podcast episode:  Alexander Theroux's interview in The Marketplace of Ideas, from a few years back.  He manages to compare himself to Dickens, Cervantes, Shakespeare, Mark Twain, Nabokov and many others in forty short minutes, and propounds eloquently first on the stupidity of critics, before widening his aim to take in all humanity.  Not only does he convey how much more intelligent he is than most people, and better read, but he also makes sure to explain how he is also more generous and godly.  I came away from this interview liking the guy a lot.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #358 on: December 26, 2010, 09:41:08 PM »
I should check that out - I have that big crazy book of his but haven't been able to crack it.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

roubaix

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #359 on: March 01, 2011, 05:54:18 PM »
Tom makes a brief appearance on SuperEgo 3:1

http://www.gosuperego.com/podcast-episode-3-1/