Author Topic: Nick Cage Sells Castle  (Read 3170 times)

furnstein

• Policemans heel
Nick Cage Sells Castle
« on: April 10, 2009, 10:56:04 AM »
Nicolas Cage Sells Castle Because Of "Difficult Economic Situation"

Don't worry, he still has a backup castle: 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/07/nicolas-cage-sells-castle_n_183989.html

Chris L

• Space Champion!
Re: Nick Cage Sells Castle
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 11:29:57 AM »
Hopefully he can at least hang on to the Fortress of Solitude. 

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 11:34:09 AM »
Guess he'll have to make 20 more bad movies about numerology and assassins and numerological assassins.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Big Plastic Head

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 11:48:52 AM »
I say we buy it as a FOT retreat. Economy be damned.
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

Matt C

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 11:53:37 AM »
It looks like a prison, the other one was cooler looking anyway.

Keith Whitener

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 02:52:06 PM »
To quote John Mulaney, "What would a cartoon rich person do?"

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 06:12:57 AM »

That would be awesome.
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

Big Plastic Head

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 01:01:47 PM »

That would be awesome.

In my mind, I see all the FOTs arrive early one specific weekend each year via vintge Rolls Royces and Bentleys. We are ushered in to the library where we all mingle and drink ancient scotches out of crystal glassware and eat fancy crackers with unknown pasty stuff spread on them. After a couple hours Tom finally makes his arrival wearing some sort of smoking jacket/pajama bottom/sailor hat ensemble and welcomes us to the FOT mansion for the weekend. Then, he waves his arm toward a large wall of books. the shelves slide open to reveal a hidden stage where Ted Leo and the Pharmacists begin rocking our socks off. After a two and a half our set we are treated to an equally long and equally rocking set by Superchunk.

The next morning over fancy brunch, we are treated to a live reenactment of the movie 'Clifford' featuring the original cast members minus Charles Grodin. Tom fills in for that role and Dogmo plays Clifford. That night it is a comedy showcase with Patton, PFT, Zach Galifinakis, Todd Barry and many, many others. (Philly Boy Roy gets thrown out early for heckling)

On Sunday, we all depart via helicopter with a rope ladder.

Good times.
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 01:57:45 PM »

That would be awesome.

In my mind, I see all the FOTs arrive early one specific weekend each year via vintge Rolls Royces and Bentleys. We are ushered in to the library where we all mingle and drink ancient scotches out of crystal glassware and eat fancy crackers with unknown pasty stuff spread on them. After a couple hours Tom finally makes his arrival wearing some sort of smoking jacket/pajama bottom/sailor hat ensemble and welcomes us to the FOT mansion for the weekend. Then, he waves his arm toward a large wall of books. the shelves slide open to reveal a hidden stage where Ted Leo and the Pharmacists begin rocking our socks off. After a two and a half our set we are treated to an equally long and equally rocking set by Superchunk.

The next morning over fancy brunch, we are treated to a live reenactment of the movie 'Clifford' featuring the original cast members minus Charles Grodin. Tom fills in for that role and Dogmo plays Clifford. That night it is a comedy showcase with Patton, PFT, Zach Galifinakis, Todd Barry and many, many others. (Philly Boy Roy gets thrown out early for heckling)

Good times.

You left out the snooty neighbor who becomes incensed with our antics. His attempts to ruin our fun keep getting foiled...with comic results. But in the end, a female FOT wins his heart, and he ends up on stage with a mohawk singing into the mic with Ted Leo.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

DoodleJump!

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 03:57:05 PM »
You left out the snooty neighbor who becomes incensed with our antics. His attempts to ruin our fun keep getting foiled...with comic results. But in the end, a female FOT wins his heart, and he ends up on stage with a mohawk singing into the mic with Ted Leo.

We (female FOT collectively) win his heart by smiling a lot and drinking tea. After we lure him into a quiet corner of the concert/library room by serving macaroons, the "other" FOT take over, and he realizes his sweater is actually kinda cool.
"Enough with the bandana, already." -Trace Atkins to Donald Trump

brendan!

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2009, 12:25:24 AM »
Don't worry, he still has a backup castle.

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2009, 03:22:37 AM »

That would be awesome.

Good times.

One day ... One day soon.
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.