Author Topic: Logistics.  (Read 15785 times)

Chris L

• Space Champion!
Re: Logistics.
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2009, 04:56:11 PM »
The way things look right now I'll be leaving work in Bethesda, MD @ 2:00 and driving straight to Jersey City.   I wonder what kind of post-Labor Day traffic I'll be running into. 

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2009, 05:59:54 PM »
It would be nice to show up not completely alone.

That's how you'll die (probably) get used to it, Andrew.

Practice makes better.

Change of plans.  I think I'll be spending my Tuesday night (and all nights from now on) softly crying myself to sleep.  Thanks, Fredericks!

Anytime, Pally.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Trotskie

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2009, 08:52:17 AM »
The way things look right now I'll be leaving work in Bethesda, MD @ 2:00 and driving straight to Jersey City.   I wonder what kind of post-Labor Day traffic I'll be running into. 

I would just have a couple of alternates prepared for which exit to get off of the highway near Jersey City.  Options are good to have the closer you get to the Holland Tunnel; I've seen things freeze up pretty good around there.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2009, 01:53:07 PM »

I would just have a couple of alternates prepared for which exit to get off of the highway near Jersey City.  Options are good to have the closer you get to the Holland Tunnel; I've seen things freeze up pretty good around there.

I'm wholly reliant on the directions I got from Google Maps (which have me getting off 78 at the Jersey City/Columbus Dr exit). If something goes wrong, I'm pretty much hosed, so any alternatives would be welcome.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Amanda

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2009, 02:40:41 PM »
I'll be coming from Wilmington, DE.  If anyone needs a ride from that area, let me know. 

Benny

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2009, 09:50:01 PM »
Howdy all, new to the board and psyched to make the trip. I'll be coming down from New Hampshire and have three empty seats in my car if that can help anyone out; just let me know. And Jason, is that couch spot still available?

Jason

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2009, 09:58:08 PM »
Yes, there are two couches.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2009, 03:35:51 PM »
Is there any chance that this thing is going to "sell out?"  I mean, if I get there at 10pm, could the Iron Monkey turn me away because the place is breaking fire codes or whatever?

Suddenly concerned,
Jon
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2009, 05:02:53 PM »
I get the feeling that "Eat Pizza with Mike" will be crowded, it's a pretty small pizza joint. Don't know about the Iron Monkey roof.