Author Topic: The FOTcast  (Read 25708 times)

sonicdork

• Achilles bursitis
Re: The FOTcast
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2009, 12:00:29 AM »
What's the Jazz Fart deadline?

Uhhh, I dunno.  However long it takes to get recordings of about 10 folks doing it, give or take.  Its completion is completely based on FOT response.

I don't know if I could do this without giggling.

Now you HAVE to do it.  Giggles and all.

Cool. I'll get a version to you.

Geoff Johnston

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2009, 01:01:44 AM »
The FOTcast 3: Revenge is a Dish Best Served Kraftwerk

http://thehangingbrain.wordpress.com/2009/12/03/the-fotcast-3-revenge-is-a-dish-best-served-kraftwerk/

* “What Do I Get?” by The Buzzcocks (Steve of Bloomington)
    * “I’m A Strong Lion” by Robert Pollard (Reeleyes)
    * “Controversy” by Prince (Auntie Christina)
    * “Ditchdigger” by Rocket from the Crypt(colonel panic)
    * “Boys and Girls” by Julie Klausner and Sue Galloway (JonFromMaplewood)
    * “I’m Five Years Ahead of My Time” by The Third Bardo (nec13)
    * “Can Anyone Who Has Heard This Music Really Be a Bad Person?” by Kaki King (Martin)
    * [INTERMISSION] “Snow Miser, Heat Miser” by Aimee Mann & Paul F. Tompkins w/Grant-Lee Phillips & Nellie McKay
    * “Beatle Boots” by The Pop Rivets (Shaggy 2 Grote)
    * “Ruby Go Home” by Thee oh Sees (hugman)
    * “When I Win the Lottery” by Camper Van Beethoven (dave from knoxville)
    * “Sore on the Floor” by Chainsaw Kittens (Omar)
    * “If This Is Love, Can I Get My Money Back? by Charlie Pickett (Fredericks of New Port Richey)
    * “Wrathchild” by Iron Maiden (masterofsparks)
    * “What’s Up, Fatlip?” – Fatlip (GeeOff)

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2009, 06:05:25 AM »

So great!

Geoff Johnston

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2009, 12:58:49 PM »
Thanks, Martin.  This particular FOTcast was light on the hippity-hop, so I felt it necessary to, as the kids say, reprezent!

And for those suggested songs that are noticeably absent, my apologies.  I've been purchasing the songs I don't already have from Amazon or Rhapsody, because they don't lock the files DRM-style. SO, if I wasn't able to find a song at either of those sites, I had to sideline 'em.  If you're dying to get them into a future FOTcast, just e-mail an mp3 to the Gmail account listed in my profile.

What say we shoot for an XMAS FOTcast!  Please suggest some holiday songs for the next FOTcast and as soon as we get 10 - 15 songs, I'll compile and post accordingly.  Hopefully, it will be a nice mix to listen to for those of us traveling to our respective [insert holiday of choice] destinations in a few weeks.

And don't forget about the Jazz Fart FOT sing-a-long.  I'm about to provide Fredericks with my phone number so he can call in his contribution.  I've never been so delighted/frightened.

Thanks again for all your help!

hugman

« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2009, 01:54:57 PM »

So great!

i, too, love this song. as i was reading who the song was credited to i thought for a second that you, GeeOff, were saying that you were, indeed, Fatlip himself.

hugman

« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2009, 01:56:45 PM »
Ok, sorry i haven't pulled this together yet.  Work, holidays, etc.

I plan to post it tonight.  But, if i may be so bold, I have a request to make.

If you have the means*, please record your own a capella rendition of "Jazz Fart" and post it here.**  I'd like to get as many of you in on this as possible and mix them together.  So it will be like one big Manhattan Transfer-like FOT "Jazz Fart" cover.  Despite the 17/1 time signature, I think it could also work as a round, like 'Row, Row, Row Your Boat."  Who's with me?

Stay tuned.

Thanks!

*If you don't have the means, send me a message and I'll reply with my phone number, you can call me, and I'll record it over the phone.  Long distance charges may apply.

** UPDATE: If you'd rather e-mail me your take on "Jazz Fart," just check my profile and send it to the Gmail address listed there.  (Thanks, Steve!)

your email is hidden, kind sir.
and also, would you prefer an mp3 or a garageband file so you can manipulate it more (assuming you have garageband)?

Geoff Johnston

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2009, 02:39:25 PM »
your email is hidden, kind sir.
and also, would you prefer an mp3 or a garageband file so you can manipulate it more (assuming you have garageband)?

Whoooops!  Sorry.  That should be fixed now.

mp3 would work better.  i'm using AcidPro7 on a PC and am not sure what file type garageband uses.

Thanks, Hugman (pronounced "Hugmun")!

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2009, 03:52:21 PM »

So great!

i, too, love this song. as i was reading who the song was credited to i thought for a second that you, GeeOff, were saying that you were, indeed, Fatlip himself.

Recommended: the short dokcumentary What's Up, Fatlip?, by Spike Jonze. It's about Fatlip's break from The Pharcyde and him trying to find his way as a solo artist.

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2009, 01:56:04 PM »
I sent you an e-mail GeeOff of my best Jazz Fart rendition. I didn't know how to post/embed it here on the board. Let me know if it didn't go through.
Doing it Mentos style.

hugman

« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2009, 02:27:25 PM »
just sent you one. it's so dumb.

Geoff Johnston

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2009, 02:37:08 PM »
Got 'em both.  Thanks! 

Just need a few more. 

~G

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2009, 05:38:53 PM »
I left something on the machine.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

bonnaventure

• Policemans heel
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2009, 06:03:12 PM »
I'd personally like to do a cover of "USB Port", not a big zappa fan.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2009, 06:25:19 PM »
Did you get my contribution? I wonder how you're going to stitch these together. It will be like one of those live/dead person duets.

Geoff Johnston

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2009, 12:36:22 PM »

I left something on the machine.

Got it, Fredericks.  It was quite inspired.  Thank you!  My wife was checking the messages and at first thought it was a jack ass friend of mine who likes to leave silly messages on our machine.  When I explained it was you she became very excited.

Did you get my contribution? I wonder how you're going to stitch these together. It will be like one of those live/dead person duets.

Got it.  As soon as I have enough of them, I'll sew 'em all up.  I don't think Terry Bozzio is up to much these days, so I may have him come by and lay down a beat, provided his kit will fit in my house: