Author Topic: .gifs  (Read 166982 times)

Sploops

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: .gifs
« Reply #285 on: July 07, 2009, 05:27:12 PM »

kittykittymeowmixhead

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #286 on: July 08, 2009, 02:58:32 AM »
I just realized I make too many of these things.

My favorite scene!

This thread is just what I needed at 3am with insomnia!

moonshake

« Reply #287 on: August 01, 2009, 08:22:37 PM »
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling

Sploops

« Reply #288 on: August 01, 2009, 09:54:19 PM »

translation: "Jesus Christ!  It's a LION, get in the car!"

also

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #289 on: August 13, 2009, 10:23:58 AM »
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #290 on: August 13, 2009, 10:46:55 AM »
it's juvenile but ive laughed at this every time that poor dog chomps down on that poor guy's crotch. 

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #291 on: August 13, 2009, 10:54:37 AM »
it's juvenile but ive laughed at this every time that poor dog chomps down on that poor guy's crotch. 

Exactly.

What is with the poor dog's ears? 

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #292 on: August 13, 2009, 10:55:20 AM »
Also, it appears that the dog is some kind of dog/goat mutant.

Edit: Jon pre-empted me.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #293 on: August 13, 2009, 11:15:06 AM »

Exactly.

from my understanding, doberman pincher's ears arent naturally "pointy", they flop just like any other dogs.  they have to be surgically altered to stand up like that.  

yes, people pay for it.  disgusting.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #294 on: August 13, 2009, 11:36:17 AM »

Exactly.

from my understanding, doberman pincher's ears arent naturally "pointy", they flop just like any other dogs.  they have to be surgically altered to stand up like that. 

yes, people for it.  disgusting.

Can I un-learn that fact somehow?

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #295 on: August 14, 2009, 02:09:58 PM »
Here are more unnerving facts: a doberman's jaws exert something like 600 pounds of pressure.  And Dobermann, the German baron or whatever he was who bred them, deliberately bred them to be as irritable as possible.  Some people posit that their skulls are too small for their brains.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #296 on: August 14, 2009, 02:20:19 PM »
I dogsat a Dobie and he was the nicest, most well-behaved dog ever.  He even tolerated my own dumb dog's constant licking of his ears (my dog has a weakness for Doberman ear grease, apparently).  You could see the annoyance flashing in his eyes but he was too well-trained to attack.  On the other hand, he'd rip your arm off chasing a squirrel.

I think the clipping allegedly served a purpose in the past.  I've seen different theories. Whatever the justification it makes absolutely no sense for a house dog.

The only truly evil dogs are those tiny ones with razor teeth that bite my pinky and won't let go when I'm ten years old.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #297 on: August 14, 2009, 04:03:20 PM »
I think the ear clipping probably went back to ear infections or something.

My grandfather always had dobermans and they were nothing but great dogs, but their power is scary.  When my extended family went through the toddler phase (my mom has 7 siblings, so you can imagine the number of cousins) the toddlers would inevitably fall on a sleeping doberman and the doberman would snap out of instinct, but would pull back mid-snap as soon as it saw that it was a kid.

as soon as I figured that out, I started throwing toddlers at the sleeping dogs.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #298 on: August 16, 2009, 02:21:44 AM »

My grandfather always had dobermans and they were nothing but great dogs, but their power is scary.  When my extended family went through the toddler phase (my mom has 7 siblings, so you can imagine the number of cousins) the toddlers would inevitably fall on a sleeping doberman and the doberman would snap out of instinct, but would pull back mid-snap as soon as it saw that it was a kid.

as soon as I figured that out, I started throwing toddlers at the sleeping dogs.

While you were drinking a jar of beer on a spaceship?

betheboy

« Reply #299 on: August 17, 2009, 12:26:14 AM »

I'm fairly sure that ear cropping is purely cosmetic and therefore unnecessary.