Author Topic: Antichrist  (Read 13296 times)

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
Re: Antichrist
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 04:23:49 PM »
I include the Bonnie & Clyde homage and the Young Americans montage.
See God, Kai

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 07:53:49 PM »
I liked EUROPA. Visually, it's so stylized it almost looks like a precursor to Sin City.  That villainous doctor from The Kingdom is also in it.

Chris L is referring to ERNST-HUGO JÄREGÅRD, one of the most amazing thespians ever to come out of Sweden. He completely dominates THE KINGDOM, of course, but he's done so much more stuff on the golden silver screen in Sweden it's nuts.

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2009, 07:50:24 AM »
A little bit off topic , but did you see "The White Ribbon" by any chance and do you like Michael Haneke, Mike?

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2009, 09:57:14 AM »
I haven't seen The White Ribbon. I have seen Cache and The Piano Teacher which I thought were OK. I have Time of the Wolf, Code Unknown, and Funny Games in my Netflix list.
See God, Kai

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2009, 10:05:12 AM »
I would suggest you Haneke's adaptation of "The Castle" by Kafka with the late Ulrich Mühe and the new "Funny Games", also White Ribbon is truly a deserving winner of Cannes. :D

crumbum

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2009, 09:22:43 PM »
Mike, definitely check out Time of the Wolf. Of the Haneke movies I've seen I liked it best by a long shot. It's pretty bleak but not at all cynical in the way some of his other movies are. For once he seems to hold out hope that humanity might have a few good qualities.

waltkellysghost

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2009, 01:17:01 AM »
Haven't seen it yet. Though here at our local independent theater in Nashville, a bunch of youngsters from a Nazarene University came by bus to see a midnight showing of "Ferris Bueller's Day Off". When they sat down giggling for their dose of John Hughes, they were treated to a preview of "Anti-Christ". Apparently half of them walked out before Bueller even began.

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2009, 04:28:06 AM »
Haven't seen it yet. Though here at our local independent theater in Nashville, a bunch of youngsters from a Nazarene University came by bus to see a midnight showing of "Ferris Bueller's Day Off". When they sat down giggling for their dose of John Hughes, they were treated to a preview of "Anti-Christ". Apparently half of them walked out before Bueller even began.

What a bunch of lady-men and men-ladies.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2009, 02:58:38 PM »

Hey, I am from Nashville! And I used to go to church at that Nazerene College (it's called Trevecca). And I will be in Nashville tomorrow, on the very same Murfreesboro Road that Trevecca perches on. Wanna have me over for dinner?

kittykittymeowmixhead

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2009, 10:22:03 AM »
I hated Breaking the Waves and Dogville. Kingdom is cool, and I haven't seen Dancer in the Dark - I actually get anxious about watching movies that I know will depress me - that's one of them. This Antichrist sounds like a mockery or something. I took my copy of Dogville out of my DVD player and deposited it directly in the garbage. I can't get those 3 hours back! (if this movie wasn't 3 hours long, it sure felt like it). Yuck!

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2009, 11:22:31 AM »
I wouldn't advise any women seeing Antichrist (and that's not a dare or challenge to the strong-stomached ladies out there either). The image of She mutilating herself is far worse than what He receives. It is a horrific image that will probably haunt you for a long time. Now that I think about it, I wouldn't advise any men seeing Antichrist either.
See God, Kai

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2009, 05:02:28 PM »
I wouldn't advise any women seeing Antichrist (and that's not a dare or challenge to the strong-stomached ladies out there either). The image of She mutilating herself is far worse than what He receives. It is a horrific image that will probably haunt you for a long time. Now that I think about it, I wouldn't advise any men seeing Antichrist either.
I can confirm this assessment. I have had frequent daymares about this scene.

waltkellysghost

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2009, 06:34:00 PM »

Sorry again Dave...I need to check the FoT posts more often. I would definetly get you some dinner. It seems like you frequent Nashville quite a bit. At some point dinner will happen. Get ready for some catfish sammiches!

Matt

• Space Champion!
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2009, 06:18:42 PM »
Finally got to see this last night. It was a lot dumber than I'd anticipated.
It ain't ego, it's my love for you.

harris

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2009, 07:43:21 AM »
Wasn't there going to be a third installment of the Dogville trilogy?
I thought the film was boring. I wish I could say more but I struggled finishing it. I hate when I like a director and then like five minutes into their new film I realize that maybe I don't like this director.
Based on his recent films I can gather that he liked to torcher women mentally then let them retaliate very physically.

The White Ribbon looks incredible. I have nothing but anticipation for that film.