Author Topic: Antichrist  (Read 13301 times)

waltkellysghost

• Achilles bursitis
Re: Antichrist
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2010, 11:59:28 PM »
Last I checked, Anti-Christ is playable on Netflix.

Marcel Gonsalves

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2010, 11:06:18 PM »
I saw Antichrist projected at the Toronto Film Fest last summer and thought it was stunning visually. Then I found that the content stuck with me for weeks after. That makes it a winner in my books.

Me n' my gal dressed up as He and She for Halloween. I'd post a picture, but a) it's my first post and b) everyone here seems to have hated the movie.
"My penis owes money to gangsters."

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2010, 11:55:54 AM »
I watched this last night. Somebody help my poor brain. It needs to have certain things erased from it.......
from the land of pleasant living

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2010, 10:03:48 PM »
America being the Great Satan and all, I watched Antichrist over the 4th.  Except for the silly prologue, I kinda liked it. It had elements of the kind of Bergman-esque horror that interests me. I'll probably be mulling it over for a while, even if its ideas are kind of muddled and probably not that interesting outside the context of the film.  Funny that it made Ebert and a couple other critics practically lose their minds when it premiered.

Gotta say though, I averted my eyes during the Big Snip. Wonder if that kinda means I didn't really see the movie at all.  

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2010, 11:16:59 AM »
I think you were wise to avert your eyes during the Big Snip, Chris L. It was a win-win: you knew what happened and you didn't have that image seared in your brain.

I still think if the dudes from Old Joy stumbled upon She and He it would have made for a better movie. Maybe they could have all had a hot bath together and no one would have lost their genitals.
See God, Kai

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2010, 04:50:17 PM »
Oddly, the snip bothered me less than his blood fountain...
from the land of pleasant living

SJK

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2010, 05:20:18 PM »
Both instances of genital mutilation were profoundly disturbing. I guess I don't go to movies to be challenged. I see no redeeming qualities in this story with the exception of some interesting cinematography, a few beautiful shots. 

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2010, 06:09:37 PM »
Oddly, the snip bothered me less than his blood fountain...

I'm still wondering if that's even physically possible in those circumstances.

NEW DEBATE!