Author Topic: 3rd Annual The Best Show on WFMU's The Best Show on WFMU Awards  (Read 32961 times)

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: 3rd Annual The Best Show on WFMU's The Best Show on WFMU Awards
« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2010, 05:12:56 AM »
For Best Call, I nominate the Child-on-Child Violence lady.  Also, worst call.
seconded

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #151 on: February 02, 2010, 09:43:48 AM »
i want dfk to call in and do an impression of a guy from Bath.

happyfluke

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2010, 03:16:46 PM »
BIGGEST LAUGH OF THE YEAR:  When Tom played Mike the salutation from Bruno S.  That WHOLE show was incredible--maybe my favorite of the year. 
What's the date of that show?

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #153 on: February 05, 2010, 11:48:06 AM »

Wow, I would do the worst British accent ever. Any coaches out there?

Big Plastic Head

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #154 on: February 05, 2010, 12:09:20 PM »

Wow, I would do the worst British accent ever
. Any coaches out there?

Perfect. Have you heard Andy from Bath!?
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #155 on: February 05, 2010, 12:11:29 PM »

Wow, I would do the worst British accent ever
. Any coaches out there?

Perfect. Have you heard Andy from Bath!?

Aye say, old mate, aye 'ave! Care for a pint?

Matt

• Space Champion!
« Reply #156 on: February 05, 2010, 05:48:03 PM »
Worst Caller: [Tie] All the regular callers who revealed their secret depravity during The Mike & Therese Show
Saddest Caller: Andy From Bath, for only being accepted because of his American accent (Honorable Mention: Larry The Perv, for suggesting a radio date with Laurie)
Most Delusional Caller: Spike, for the WEIRDOS EXPOSED debacle
Best Call: [5-Way Tie] Guy Tries To Psyche Tom Out With Mind Games, 6/23/09; Ted Leo's "Going South" Stories, 6/30/09; Guy Who Tried To Psyche Tom Out With Mind Games Calls Back In Disguise, 7/7/09; Julie's Mini-Show, 6/2/09; Spike Admits WEIRDOS EXPOSED Doesn't Exist, 11/10/09.
Best Caller: Julie From Cincinnati
Rookie Of The Year: Pastor Josh
Best Heave-Ho: Tom Rope-A-Dopes The "Psychedelic Sitting Room" Guy, 2/17/09
Best Guest: Wally Wackiman
Best Threat On Tom's Life: Death by Juggalape, 7/28/09
It ain't ego, it's my love for you.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #157 on: February 05, 2010, 07:25:41 PM »
Worst Caller: [Tie] All the regular callers who revealed their secret depravity during The Mike & Therese Show
Saddest Caller: Andy From Bath, for only being accepted because of his American accent (Honorable Mention: Larry The Perv, for suggesting a radio date with Laurie)
Best Call: [5-Way Tie] Guy Tries To Psyche Tom Out With Mind Games, 6/23/09; Ted Leo's "Going South" Stories, 6/30/09; Guy Who Tried To Psyche Tom Out With Mind Games Calls Back In Disguise, 7/7/09; Julie's Mini-Show, 6/2/09; Spike Admits WEIRDOS EXPOSED Doesn't Exist, 11/10/09.

Wait, does this mean I am tied for worst caller? You BASTARD. You better not let me and Roy Bacigalupo know where you live. Pick a fight with me, I DAREya.

stephen

• Policemans heel
« Reply #158 on: February 06, 2010, 05:31:20 AM »
For BEST THREAT AGAINST TOM'S LIFE: Barry the Hot Dog Vendor threatens to turn Tom into the world's largest and dumbest hot dog with a bonus threat against Paul F. Tompkins.  From the January 13th show at around 1:36.

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #159 on: February 08, 2010, 11:50:33 AM »
Wow, I would do the worst British accent ever. Any coaches out there?

Dave, my rates are very reasonable.
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

Matt

• Space Champion!
« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2010, 01:12:42 PM »

Wait, does this mean I am tied for worst caller? You BASTARD. You better not let me and Roy Bacigalupo know where you live. Pick a fight with me, I DAREya.

Dave, I relistened to your call, and I admit I was wrong to lump you in with those mutants. Your stories had less to do with childhood cruelties you perpetrated, and more to do with random bad things befalling kids you knew. You're certainly not in a league with a Mike From Manhattan, say. I apologize.

Now apologize to me for your insane Frank Booth mini-rant, and we can all go home.
It ain't ego, it's my love for you.

Ojingeo

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2010, 01:20:52 PM »
I think Spike should get a special achievement in sadness and delusion. He really went above and beyond this year.

Andy from Bath should be nominated as saddest and most delusional caller. (I vote that we collapse the two categories.) However, owing to his youth, I think he should not actually be inflicted with the award. Spike should win it instead, as a warning to Andy--and to us all.

Wally Wackiman should win rookie of the year. He went from caller to protege in the span of a few months. (It was unfortunate that Z-man tripped him up in the end.)

And despite my fondness for him, I think FoNPR should be disqualified for best caller because of his puppetism.

I can hear you judging me.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2010, 01:54:48 PM »

And despite my fondness for him, I think FoNPR should be disqualified for best caller because of his puppetism.

Wait a minute here! 

Mr. Meltmaster, have you forgotten my later conversion.  I admitted I was in error re: our cloth brethren and supported the felt-fellow in the end.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #163 on: February 10, 2010, 06:32:06 AM »

Dave, I relistened to your call, and I admit I was wrong to lump you in with those mutants. Your stories had less to do with childhood cruelties you perpetrated, and more to do with random bad things befalling kids you knew. You're certainly not in a league with a Mike From Manhattan, say. I apologize.

Now apologize to me for your insane Frank Booth mini-rant, and we can all go home.

Sincerest apologies. Want to arm-wrestle?

Ojingeo

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #164 on: February 11, 2010, 04:54:29 AM »

Wait a minute here!  

Mr. Meltmaster, have you forgotten my later conversion.  I admitted I was in error re: our cloth brethren and supported the felt-fellow in the end.

Oh. Somehow I missed that in the fray. I'm glad you've given in to puppet love. Or at least tolerance. I officially vote for you to be nominated for caller of the year.

Edit: PS: Wanting to add that Julie should be nominated because she called in sober. I was so happy for her I wanted to cry.
I can hear you judging me.