Author Topic: "Johnny from New Jersey" = Larry Da Perv?  (Read 19788 times)

Zookeeper Joe

• Plantar Fasciitis
"Johnny from New Jersey" = Larry Da Perv?
« on: January 06, 2010, 06:03:36 PM »
On the December 23 show, at about the 39 minute mark on the podcast, Johnny from New Jersey called in to ask for a Christmas present suggestion for "this girl i kinda like".  To my ears, it is the one and only Larry Da Perv, using a FAKE NORMAL PERSON VOICE.  I don't have any fancy voice recognition software or anything, but just listen (or re-listen), especially the way he says Patton (as in the general) late in the call...sort of like the way Larry says Patton (as in Oswalt), seems to me....

Sorry if someone already posted on this...
Then they came for stew, and I did nothing.

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
Re: "Johnny from New Jersey" = Larry Da Perv?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 06:47:51 PM »
On the December 23 show, at about the 39 minute mark on the podcast, Johnny from New Jersey called in to ask for a Christmas present suggestion for "this girl i kinda like".  To my ears, it is the one and only Larry Da Perv, using a FAKE NORMAL PERSON VOICE.  I don't have any fancy voice recognition software or anything, but just listen (or re-listen), especially the way he says Patton (as in the general) late in the call...sort of like the way Larry says Patton (as in Oswalt), seems to me....

Sorry if someone already posted on this...

I, too, noticed some LDP tones in the voice of "Johnny."  I believe it is him.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 11:22:43 PM »
Intriguing. A non-board-posting FOT friend of mine brought it up as well. A keen ear the FOTs have.  I don't know if the Larry hatred amongst FOTs is playing along (keeping the mystique), or if they think he's real and really hate him, but if that whole thing is not sanctioned by Tom and he's a character (which I'm 99% sure he is), then he is the caller of the decade in my book.

not that clay

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 11:49:53 PM »
I was listening to an old show in the archive and thought somebody way back when sounded a lot like Larry.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 12:00:01 AM »
I was listening to an old show in the archive and thought somebody way back when sounded a lot like Larry.

Me too, I think he's been calling for years. It's only just recently that we've had a full on Larry-chrysalis.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 09:38:29 AM »
That's him.  I think that's his real voice though.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

todd

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 12:29:43 PM »
Intriguing. A non-board-posting FOT friend of mine brought it up as well. A keen ear the FOTs have.  I don't know if the Larry hatred amongst FOTs is playing along (keeping the mystique), or if they think he's real and really hate him, but if that whole thing is not sanctioned by Tom and he's a character (which I'm 99% sure he is), then he is the caller of the decade in my book.

There's 1% of your brain that thinks Lawrence D. Pervison is a real person? That's too much!

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 12:38:35 PM »
I heard Neil Hamburger is not that guy's real name either.

Sarah

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 02:59:50 PM »
I'm fairly certain a good many of the names on this board are false as well.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 03:26:25 PM »

How DARE you?

Sinc.,

Buffington Coates, Esq.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 05:35:15 PM »

Good heavens!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 05:39:58 PM »

There's 1% of your brain that thinks Lawrence D. Pervison is a real person? That's too much!
I heard Neil Hamburger is not that guy's real name either.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 05:43:19 PM »
So much anger.

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010, 02:57:14 AM »
Wow.

I remember as a kid, I was probably 7 or so when the first Tim Burton Batman movie came out. I had never heard of Jack Nicholson before, but I thought that the Joker was the best bad guy EVER.  And then, one day I came across a picture of Jack Nicholson in Mad Magazine or something and it was just so weird to see this regular dude with all of the same features as the Joker, but who didn't have the same colour - exact same features, but just a regular old person.

That's how I felt listening to this call. EERIE.

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010, 11:23:35 AM »
I remember as a kid, I was probably 7 or so when the first Tim Burton Batman movie came out. I had never heard of Jack Nicholson before, but I thought that the Joker was the best bad guy EVER.  And then, one day I came across a picture of Jack Nicholson in Mad Magazine or something and it was just so weird to see this regular dude with all of the same features as the Joker, but who didn't have the same colour - exact same features, but just a regular old person.

I felt this way when I found out Mary Poppins was Maria in The Sound of Music. Amazing what a wig can do.
Doing it Mentos style.