Author Topic: It might actually come out  (Read 6066 times)

bruce

It might actually come out
« on: March 11, 2007, 12:07:06 AM »
But I still won't hold my breath

Snazzy Trailer
http://www.repriserecords.com/neilarchives/

Richard_From_CHI

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: It might actually come out
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 12:45:31 PM »
Mr. Young always seems so sad, like he needs a hug, or some prozac. I thought the people of Canadia were a jovial lot.

Pride of Staten Island

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 02:54:40 PM »
Goddamn!! 8 CDs and 2 DVDs!! What's the list price on this thing anyway? I am a fan of Mr Young and I'm sure that there are many that will glady pay to hear 15(?) hours worth of rare and unreleased material but this does seem a little excessive. Splitting it up into 2 sets might make a little more sense, right? And with the mercurial nature of Mr Young's recording career perhaps condensation is not out of the question. Who knows what the final track list will be but I don't know if even the most devoted Neil Young fan wants to hear outtakes from "Landing on Water" or whatever.

Now if only we could get an offical release of "Time Fades Away" on CD.
The only Wire I care about is the one that recorded Pink Flag.

bruce

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 03:42:29 PM »
Pride the set only goes to 1972! It going to be multiple Box Sets of archive material. If you want a copy of Time Fades Away send me a PM I can hook you up.

This thing has been a long in the making process so the landing on water outtakes will be years away thankfully

Pride of Staten Island

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 06:26:43 PM »
Only to 72?!?!? Jeez, I didn't notice that when I checked your link. That makes the sheer mass of the box set even crazier though I suppose if one is a total Neil Young devotee you're salivating with anticipation. I'll probably pass on this box but when the next one comes out, which I postulate will cover "Time Fades Away" through perhaps "Zuma," I might have plunk down the cash for it.

I've already got "Times Fades Away" but thanks for the offer. I bought a bootleg CD years ago and just a few weeks ago I was lucky enough to find a very good condition LP in a used bin for only $6. Score!! I just think that it's one of his better albums and it should be available for mass consumption (especially if 8 CDs worth of outtakes are).

bruce

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 06:36:44 PM »
well it seems the box set watching the video leads right up to TFA.

Actually I've got a great comp of the Time Fades Away tour which is just chilling. For some reason he really hates that record maybe all the bad vibes that happend  right before the tour,

Actually my TFA is from the very limited HD CD version that was pressed then pulled.

Love that record and On The Beach.

But nothing can hold a candle to Eveybody's Rockin' just ask Joe Belock he'll defend that one till the cows come home.

Pride of Staten Island

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 07:02:44 PM »
Really? "Everybody's Rockin'?" Maybe I'll pick that one up next time I see it in a used bin. Joe Belock's recommendation is probably worth the 2 or 3 bucks it will cost, right?

As far as Neil's more disparaged albums go, I will say that I have a certain affinity for "Reactor." Not one of his better albums for sure but "Shots" is such a killer cut.

I would agree that "On the Beach" is probably my favorite of his albums, at least on the days it's not "Rust Never Sleeps."

bruce

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 07:29:34 PM »
Heres a taste to save you those measly few bucks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufR6HmPlYKQ

and i like Rockabilly and still find this a mistake of a album. Still its better then Life and Landing On Water

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 01:45:37 PM »
I've started reading Shakey and it's making me want to find some good bootlegs from Mr. Young.  Any leads?
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

John Junk

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 02:38:06 PM »
I got the Live At Massey Hall CD and DVD for my birthday and it's pretty awesome.  The DVD has lots of extras, which I was surprised by, like some t.v. performances and even some old film footage of the "Old Man" ranch hand that the song was written about, sharing awkward moments with Neil and Crosby on the ranch.

bruce

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 06:05:30 PM »
I've started reading Shakey and it's making me want to find some good bootlegs from Mr. Young.  Any leads?
Dimeadozen torrent site for one

The Yahoo Neil Young list RUST - people there can help you out

It matters what Neil your looking for also

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 06:57:51 PM »
Allegedly, according to this ILM thread: http://ilx.wh3rd.net/ILX/ThreadSelectedControllerServlet?boardid=41&threadid=56705, the Archives are going to contain the Filmore East and Massey Hall cds that just came out, so if haven't already bought those and were planning to mortage your house for the box set you might want to hold off on those for a while).

bruce

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 07:24:21 PM »
Chris that's been the rumor for a long time no one actually knows whats on there except Neil and he is not talking. I would not be shocked by whatever is in it and what's not. Let's just hope for that little band The Mynah Birds to make an apperance with some little known muscian called Rick James.

I'm hopeful from thetrailer that the DVD will be a ton of old TV apperances and other live things.

John Junk

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 07:30:07 PM »
FYI, a bunch of the stuff on that trailer was on the Massey Hall dvd, but not all of it.  No jamming-in-the-harvest-barn footage or royal philharmonic or anything.

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 01:09:21 AM »
OK, now he's really fucking with us.