Author Topic: Human Centipede  (Read 24410 times)

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
Re: Human Centipede
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 04:04:34 PM »
Saw that Human Centipede is on IFC on Demand last night. I didn't watch. I won't be able to watch tonight.

Days that I haven't watched Human Centipede: 2

How many days will I be able to go?!
See God, Kai

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 04:12:56 PM »
I like that one of the selling points of the movie is that it is "100% medically accurate!" As if the main reason someone would have for not seeing the movie is that it isn't believable enough.

That's funny, cause I was just wondering, what if William Castle were alive today making movies?
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 04:38:02 PM »
Upon hearing about the movie, I immediately told myself that I would never see it.  But now I have become haunted by it.  Every time my brain is idle, I return to nauseating introspection about how horrible a fate that would be.  I keep switching between "that is the dumbest premise ever" and "that is the scariest premise ever."  I can't un-learn about the existence of this movie, no matter how much I wish for it.

Based on this, I am starting to think that the only way I can cure myself of this haunting is by confronting it.  Expose it to the light of day.  In other words, go see the movie.

May God have mercy on my soul.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Keith Whitener

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2010, 05:22:39 PM »
What if the movie doesn't end well, Jon?

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2010, 05:59:54 PM »
just saw the trailer and laughed my beehind off
this should be enjoyable, since it is supposed to take place in germany
i tell ya every time i go to my doctor i always suspect he is going to sow me together with an old lady who is in the waiting room reading gala magazine
sneaky guys

David

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2010, 06:15:28 PM »
Upon hearing about the movie, I immediately told myself that I would never see it.  But now I have become haunted by it.  Every time my brain is idle, I return to nauseating introspection about how horrible a fate that would be.  I keep switching between "that is the dumbest premise ever" and "that is the scariest premise ever."  I can't un-learn about the existence of this movie, no matter how much I wish for it.

Based on this, I am starting to think that the only way I can cure myself of this haunting is by confronting it.  Expose it to the light of day.  In other words, go see the movie.

May God have mercy on my soul.

Do what I did and spoil the movie for yourself on wikipedia. It worked for ORPHAN and it worked for this.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2010, 06:44:44 PM »
What if the movie doesn't end well, Jon?

Then I will be seeking a cognitive-behavioral therapist whose specialty is obsessive thoughts.

Do what I did and spoil the movie for yourself on wikipedia. It worked for ORPHAN and it worked for this.

I already did and it did not sate my fascination.  Ahhhhh!

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2010, 08:19:28 AM »

And then you'll see the film. And you still won't be satisfied. And then pets will start disappearing from around Maplewood, and you'll spend increasing amounts of time in your basement... and then tourists will go missing...

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2010, 09:16:44 AM »

And then you'll see the film. And you still won't be satisfied. And then pets will start disappearing from around Maplewood, and you'll spend increasing amounts of time in your basement... and then tourists will go missing...

Not sure why you chose to write that all in the future tense, Andy.  :)

Actually, and oddly enough, I think confessing my obsession on this board did the trick.  My fascination has passed!  I will not be going to see the movie. And my thoughts have moved on to other obsessions.

Keith Whitener

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2010, 09:25:12 AM »
Why would a REAL person want to make a human centipede? To dedicate all of that time to that?

Sarah

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2010, 09:36:58 AM »
Because people do the darnedest things.

Pidgeon

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2010, 10:31:45 AM »
Yeah, at least with the Nazis their disgusting eugenics stuff served some sort of purpose.

Pat K

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2010, 11:06:15 AM »
I'm warning you with peace and love.

Pat K

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010, 02:36:03 PM »
I just read a surprisingly good review of this by Roger Ebert today, actually.
I'm warning you with peace and love.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2010, 12:29:17 AM »
I just read a surprisingly good review of this by Roger Ebert today, actually.

I read that too he refused to give it any stars. Has he ever done that before? I remember he flat out didn't even review Observe and Report at all.