Author Topic: Top Chef D.C. (Season 7)  (Read 14405 times)

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
Re: Top Chef D.C. (Season 7)
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2010, 09:45:20 AM »
I know. Where's the Bearded Kevin, the nice Voltaggio Brother, the FingerSwiss?! I like Tiffany okay, but C'MON.

Sarah

« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2010, 02:51:10 PM »
Was the show on last night?  It's up on neither Hulu or Bravo.

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2010, 03:24:47 PM »
Was the show on last night?  It's up on neither Hulu or Bravo.

Perhaps they have finally realized that this season is so bad, they are going to limit access to it!
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2010, 10:22:38 PM »
It was on, and yes, exactly what you thought was going to happen did. But the revealing of more of Angelo was worth it. So. Very. Weird.

You can tell how much this season sucks by the fact that this thread has gone lukewarm and grey. Like oxidized tuna.

Sarah

« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2010, 07:48:00 AM »
I was astonished when I saw that there were only six contestants left.  The show feels like it's still in the early days when there's still so much dross muddled with the gold (?) that you can't tell what's what. 

I didn't even bother to take notes when I watched the show last night.  This is what I remember:

* Ed criticized Amanda using almost exactly the same slew of insults he had earlier heaped on Alex.  And why did Tiffany allow him to stretch out her dress like that?

* As Angelo appears crazier, I like him more.  If he keeps this up, I won't mind if he wins.  Still, calling a hot dog roll a lobster roll was a pathetic attempt to class up his remarkably stupid choice of bread.  And he has only met his fiancĂ©e (whom he loves so much) twice!

* Kevin came off as a petulant baby.  It was obviously unfair to expect Angelo to handle all the order taking (even though he was dumb enough to volunteer); for Kevin to act as though Angelo was committing a cardinal sin by reneging on his offer was self-serving and small.

* Amanda did make me almost laugh at one point--I can't remember why--but what a dodo she was to make her tuna tartare the day before.  And if leaving Top Chef was the hardest thing she'd ever done, she must have had a surprisingly easy time kicking all those drugs on which she used to be hooked.

* 3 x 150 = 550.

* Kelly is a soft-spoken bully, which may be the worst kind.  As she was coercing Amanda to forgo using crab, I flash-backed to her snakiness during the school lunch episode (particularly her "who, me?" incredulity when Arnold got after her) and wanted to make her cry.

* Bonus discovery:  Kenny has a tattoo on his stomach that reads "Beast in the Kitchen."

P.S. I'm listening to the latest installment of the Firesign Theater Radio Hour and caught yet another of Bronwyn's smug/snide comments about FT.  Phooey on her, say I (although I must say that even I have been wincing at the enormous amount of awful fake black talk).

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2010, 07:53:52 AM »
Angelo's shrine.

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2010, 08:27:27 AM »
Anthony Robbins.

mahgeetah

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2010, 09:18:38 AM »

* 3 x 150 = 550.

Classic. I was hoping he wouldn't realize his mistake until after he tried to make 550 and ran out of time.
I'm in my late 50's.

Omar

• Space Champion!
« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2010, 07:51:22 AM »
I look forward to Sarah's recap on this one.  Best episode of the season by far.  Bourdain and "The Ripper" obviously need to be on the panel every week. 

Kim Kelly

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2010, 08:49:46 AM »
Bourdain is apparently a slut for fish sauce.
Too soon?

Omar

• Space Champion!
« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2010, 09:04:59 AM »

Who isn't?!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2010, 09:44:31 AM »

Who isn't?!

Fish sauce? 

What kind of fish do you put in the blender with the mustard?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

lisajanepersky

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2010, 11:49:44 AM »
I look forward to Sarah's recap on this one.  Best episode of the season by far.  Bourdain and "The Ripper" obviously need to be on the panel every week.

Me too! So great. Much better than the show itself. Sarah, you are Queen. They should replace Padma with you.

This season has made everyone and everything look cheap. I think the host-people have ceased to enjoy the show or eachother. They don't seem to be having any fun at all. I'm embarrassed to admit that I need to feel they're somehow engaged in their work.

I know, I know; everyone loves Padma the colorful zombie. I give her big points though, for deviating from the usual carny colors this week and wearing the busboy outfit. I liked it.

If there is a God, Anthony Bourdain and Sarah will host at least one season together.

Omar

• Space Champion!
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2010, 12:35:20 PM »

If there is a God, Anthony Bourdain and Sarah will host at least one season together.

Indeed.  Colicchio sprung to life last season with the kick-assery of The Big Four (Voltaggio Bros., Kevin, and the Jenn), but he was dreadful in s5 and he's pretty much back to that form this season.  He's clearly not interested in the show anymore. 

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2010, 12:40:05 PM »
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."