Author Topic: Chicago July 30th! - The PFT Show(s)!  (Read 7583 times)

Bernard

• Achilles bursitis
Chicago July 30th! - The PFT Show(s)!
« on: June 15, 2010, 01:00:06 AM »
I have heard from some FOTs on Twitter: there will be a meetup before the PFT show on July 30th in Chicago.  Sara From Chicago has planned a meetup at the Hungry Brain since it's so close to Beat Kitchen; like her, I am going to the late show, but I'm sure some might be going to the early show too.

Who else is going on July 30th?  AND WHERE CAN WE MEET YOU?

jbissell

• Space Champion!
Re: Chicago July 30th! - The PFT Show(s)!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 11:24:15 AM »
I can meet up before the early show or after the late show.

btof

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 03:13:42 PM »
I echo my social secretary as I plan to attend both.  Who's going to Comedy Death Ray either night?

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 12:00:15 AM »
Anyone going to Superchunk on Sunday?

Bernard

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 09:10:40 AM »
Anyone going to Superchunk on Sunday?

Wow that snuck up quick.  Thanks for the reminder.  I will likely be in attendance.

mike_b

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 03:30:39 PM »
Dan Telfer's opening. Check his stuff out.

I'll be here instead of going to the meetup: http://www.printersball.org/
(I promised. And made robots.)

Sara from Chicago

• Policemans heel
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 11:02:14 AM »
Hello, friends!

Thanks for starting this thread, Bernard.

Yes, my husband Tom and I will be at the Hungry Brain (2319 W. Belmont) before the later show--maybe around 8?  We could meet up over there after the later show as well, if no one minds a very late night. The Hungry Brain is cash only, so visit the ATM first! I'm very excited about this show and about seeing all of you!

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 01:05:45 PM »
I'd be interested in anything after the late show.

Bernard

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 01:20:20 PM »
I'm in for a pre-late show meet-up; I don't want to commit to an after show meet-up and then not show.  I'd like to try and say Hi to PFT after the show as well.  So, yeah, I'm diggity-down for an 8 or so meet-up at the Brain. 

I'll probably have some piece of FMU garb on.

btof

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 01:49:05 PM »
I probably won't leave in between shows so let me know if you want us to meet up before the early one or after the late one. 

Is everyone in seated section?  I can see if I can scam some seats by us for those just attending the final one.  No guarantees but I'll definitely try if people let me know.

btof

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 02:37:27 PM »
Amendment: I just realized that Friday is the day my rescue dog arrives.  I'm not sure I want to leave her alone for that long so I may be either giving away one of my tix or tucking in and out super quickly.  Let me know if you know anyone who needs a spare

SwamiPat

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 06:28:39 PM »
you can count me in for the hungry brain before the late show as well as any late night shenanigans. looking forward to it!

Sara from Chicago

• Policemans heel
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 09:08:39 PM »
I don't think we'll be there before the early show... I don't want to already be drunk before the show starts, ha ha. Those of us who have seated tickets should definitely try to sit together. BTOF, if you only do one, it should be the late show (in my opinion) (so we can sit together) (also I am so excited about your new dog).

Pat and Bernard, we'll see you guys there before the show then, if not after. Bernard, will Mrs. Bernard be joining you?

I definitely want to try to talk to PFT afterward. We met him last time he was in Chicago and talked about the Best Show with him and that was pretty awesome.

Bernard

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 11:47:28 PM »
Yes, Mrs. Bernard will be in attendance for this meetup, as will two other friends of mine. 

BTOF - If we don't meet up, congrats on the new doggie.  Hopefully you can make it out of the house for the show!

Dan Telfer

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 12:53:57 AM »
The food at the Beat Kitchen is very good for bar food, if you have time to eat before/tween shows at the front bar. I am a vegetarian and I often partake in their portobello sandwich or homemade veggieburger. May I also recommend the Dragon's Milk beer, which tastes like a Cadbury Carmel bar haunted by a high-alcohol content ghost.