Author Topic: Updates from BenKharakh.com  (Read 6734 times)

Keith Whitener

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Updates from BenKharakh.com
« on: January 10, 2011, 03:50:53 PM »
Hello there FOTs, this is Ben Kharakh! You might remember (or might never have known) that I was once one of America’s premier comedian journalists. My peak was from '06 to '07, when a couple days wouldn’t go by without me having something published on/in Gothamist, Starpulse, Philly City Paper, NY Press, etc. Then I put all the Q and A's aside to concentrate on school.

Well, I’ve finished my studies and am picking up right where I left off, starting with regular updates over at http://benkharakh.com/!

Don't worry; I won't be flooding the board with links to what I'm up (I'll keep that sort of thing limited to occasional updates in this thread). After all, if I do anything really exciting, then you'll probably hear about it through the grapevine. “Oh, look at this: Ben zinged former US Vice-President Dan Quail in an interview and provided snarky nutritional guidelines for McSweeneys #46: Box of Cereal Edition.” (Dolph Lundgren to Dan Quail isn’t too much of a stretch, I’d say!).

Until then, I hope you’ll visit my site from time to time.

Thank you,

BK/KW

fonpr

• Space Champion!
Re: Updates from BenKharakh.com
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 03:55:30 PM »
You, my friend, have been bookmarked.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 07:59:43 PM »
Wait, is this "Keith Whitener" or BEN KARAKKH!?
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Keith Whitener

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 11:25:37 PM »
BK = KW!

Matt

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 01:59:02 PM »
KeithBen, you're my favorite.
It ain't ego, it's my love for you.

Keith Whitener

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 02:19:03 PM »
KeithBen, you're my favorite.

Thank you very much; that makes me feel nice.

Keith Whitener

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 11:13:34 PM »
I realized that I didn't do a good job of explaining what I'm going to be doing with Benkharakh.com. Besides writing jokes and documenting my adventures in comedy, I'm also going to be conducing journalistic investigations, philosophical investigations, interviewing people, etc. So, this week so far, I have made a bunch of jokes, posted an interview with a pastor (who I called the cops on!) about why he believes what he believes, wrote about solution oriented journalism (lotta jokes in that one!), and described my comment policy (this one has a lotta jokes too!). I'll probably do even more than this, but I think, at the very least, this paints a better picture.

Keith Whitener

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 09:34:21 PM »
The self indulgent philosophizing is over! Time to start doing some investigations and writing jokes jokes jokes. When I started writing jokes in general, I was getting stuff up on McSweeneys, YankeePotroast, etc, so expect plenty of stuff of the list and sketch persuasion. It's easier to write than fiction, which I will post as well but less frequently. I hope to make some films as well.

This first piece is on how Rutgers was not interested in posting the Q and A that followed the president's address for reasons that were not disclosed, which ends with me having to file a freedom of information act sort of thing to get a copy of a DVD that I already have!

http://benkharakh.com/turn_off_the_dark

Keith Whitener

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 07:58:43 PM »

Spalding

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 10:20:56 AM »
thanks for the updates. enjoy your writing. Any plans to take on the round-the-country trip again?

Keith Whitener

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 11:05:18 AM »
thanks for the updates. enjoy your writing. Any plans to take on the round-the-country trip again?

Thank you very much!

Yes, I hope to take one that starts late summer/early fall.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 05:40:55 PM »
Hello there FOTs, this is Ben Kharakh! You might remember

... me from such phone calls as "The Time I Ate a Durian!", and "The Time I Ate Calorie Free Peanut Butter!"
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 05:46:04 PM »

... me from such phone calls as "The Time I Ate a Durian!", and "The Time I Ate Calorie Free Peanut Butter!"
... me from such phone calls as: "They left my hotdogs behind and they eat garbage."

"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Keith Whitener

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 06:30:48 PM »

... me from such phone calls as: "They left my hotdogs behind and they eat garbage."
... me from such phone calls as: "It makes me simultaneously confident and unconfident!", and the time I bit Paul F. Tompkins:
Robotic Ben Kharakh

Keith Whitener

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 12:08:36 AM »
Here's a Q and A with Pastor Josh: http://benkharakh.com/pastor_josh