Author Topic: New HBO series "Game of Thrones".  (Read 1157 times)

orangewhip

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
New HBO series "Game of Thrones".
« on: May 10, 2011, 02:08:17 PM »
I read the books a few years ago, so I've really been looking forward to this.  Pretty good job so far although it does itself a disservice with too much gratuitous nudity and making one pretty dark sex scene even darker than it was in the book.  That aside, I'm really enjoying it so far.  Anyone else on here watching this or fans of the books?
"My week beats your year." -- Lou Reed. Liner notes to Metal Machine Music

orangewhip

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: New HBO series "Game of Thrones".
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 09:47:41 PM »
I did a search for "game of thrones" before making this thread but nothing showed up.  hmm.

~L

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 12:19:45 PM »
  I don't have TV service, but because FOTs were interested in this series, I got the first book out of the library which I am reading now.  Although, this isn't the kind of fiction I usually read, I like it.  Cable TV series sell because of the sex and nudity they can display, so I am not surprised to hear about the "Adult content" of the HBO series.  Some books are written with that in mind,  like the True Blood series, which was very popular. 

orangewhip

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 09:29:46 AM »
Charlene Harris and George R.R. Martin both like to put in creepily-written sex scenes.  It's odd because neither one of them has probably actually had sex so their perspective on it is pretty original.