Author Topic: Introducing THE BEST SHOW ENTHUSIASM REWARDS CLUB.  (Read 22208 times)

Andy

• Space Champion!
Re: Introducing THE BEST SHOW ENTHUSIASM REWARDS CLUB.
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2011, 11:00:42 PM »
I'm thinking about entering a cross stitch advertising the show into the Oklahoma State Fair craft competition.  Is that good enough to win a prize?
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

SexyAnkles

• Policemans heel
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2011, 02:46:33 PM »
Following up on my previous post about a Best Show listening party last week at my camp site:

http://onegoodminute.indieposit.com/2011/07/27/best-show-on-wfmu-camping-listening-party/

Are the prizes for creativity or actual results.....never mind, I probably failed in both areas.
"One good minute could last me a whole year"
        - Superchunk

citizenlewis

• Policemans heel
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2011, 10:25:48 PM »
I'm thinking about entering a cross stitch advertising the show into the Oklahoma State Fair craft competition.  Is that good enough to win a prize?

You have inspired me to try my hand at some Best Show themed "seed art" for the MN State Fair.

MikefromHalifax

• Policemans heel
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2011, 06:44:32 PM »
Mike posted this in his corner of the forums, but I think it counts here...

This week's "True Story" comic had the story donated by none other than AP Mike! His stamp of bleak, bleak humor is all over this thing.

http://www.mikeholmesdraws.com/post/8100769924/true-story-199

The paper that it appears in, The Coast, is Halifax's alt-weekly with a readership of around 70,000, with the online numbers being many tens of thousands more. You can see I tagged the comic with a shout-out to the Best Show.

And next week, for my 200th comic, the story will be our own Kid Jersey's. You all heard him promise me on the radio. That one, also, will have a Best Show tag on it.

That counts, right?

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2011, 12:50:15 AM »
This is being entered into the Oklahoma State Fair, a market that I'm guessing is relatively untapped for the show. A border will be added.

Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2011, 12:00:31 PM »
This is being entered into the Oklahoma State Fair, a market that I'm guessing is relatively untapped for the show. A border will be added.

You have my vote, but my bet is on the extremely detailed picture of James Inhofe that some lady in Pushmataha County is entering right now.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Andrew from Chicago

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2011, 09:37:49 AM »
Not expecting this to win, but I had a work meeting with two of the guys who run the iTunes Podcast directory last week. I made a point of complimenting their taste for constantly featuring The Best Show in the "Staff Picks" section. Unfortunately, I don't think they were the ones who put The Best Show there since they kind of gave me blank stares in response.

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2011, 10:59:43 AM »
I will appoint a commissioner of this program tonight.

And if you are a past winner please email me at toms@wfmu.org with your mailing address and write REWARDS WINNER in the subject line.

Thanks!

Tom.

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2011, 02:38:08 PM »
Banksy-grade street art should be the standard for award-worthy activities. 

As Spike might say: PROCEED.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

jackiecous

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2011, 09:24:33 PM »
Ok, Update: I finally found a background in this cartoon that I could doodle a mouse wearing a cape onto. There's a scene with a high school locker room and I drew one on the wall as graffiti. Now I'll just cross my fingers that no one makes me take it out...

PS: Speaking of Banksy, I work next to Mr. Brainwash's current studio. I see him at the coffee shop down the street now, and apparently he chased down someone that broke into a co-worker's car the other day (true and weird stories).

Lucas

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2011, 06:08:05 PM »

As an Okie, this just got me so much more excited about the Great State Fair. As if the deep fried Snickers wasn't enough..

sharktopus

• Policemans heel
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2011, 09:22:53 PM »
PS: Speaking of Banksy, I work next to Mr. Brainwash's current studio. I see him at the coffee shop down the street now, and apparently he chased down someone that broke into a co-worker's car the other day (true and weird stories).

ot: I always assumed mr brainwash was a character. Did banksy's experiment get away from him?

sweetjimmyt

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2011, 04:19:10 PM »
Hey Tom,
     Here is the info for our Portland, OR meet-up/ listening party! 
 Sept 27th at The Waypost, 3120 North Williams Avenue, Portland, OR 97212. 6-9pm!
The Waypost is a great friend-owned pub that hosts tons of eclectic shows, has great beer and food choices, and has a brand new outdoor seating area right next to a community garden. It is a cool space, and they are very friendly. We're gonna be pumping the show in the main area and on the patio.  We're crossing our fingers that you'll be doing the show that Tuesday, but if not, we'll have some back-up prepared. We're really hoping that all the Portland F.O.T's can come together for maybe the first time? Everyone is welcome, and we'll probably be silk-screening some shirts as well. BYOS.
Here is a link to our facebook event:https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=149954095092031
Here is a link to the waypost calendar:http://thewaypost.com/calendar.php

We know you've had a rough week and a half, but hang in there and keep steamrollin'. -Jimmy T

Lucas

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2011, 12:54:22 PM »
I was at the Oklahoma State Fair last night and couldn't find the cross-stitching in the 4H/crafts building :( Plenty of horse blankets, though

ChicagoMarquee

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2011, 10:24:44 AM »
Hey ladies and gentlemen - Matt "Dumm Oaf" Marquee here from Chicago.

Been doing the wrasslin' thing around here and it's been going SWIMMINGLY.  And if/when I make it out to Philly, Greggulator's got a managerial gig...Dark Greggulator = nuclear heat!

Anywho - I've filmed a few promos and the latest one features some Best Show love and will be shown to the fans in the area and hopefully beyond.  Thought I'd share it here to see what the FOT's and Tom thought.  Maybe some of you all can help spread the word and all through Twitter or Facebook?! ...but I appreciate anyone just willing to sit through this outrageous-ness!

Here's the link:"Behind The Velvet Rope" w/ Matt Marquee (Ep. 2)

Thanks again guys -

Feel free to find me
TWITTER: @MattMarquee
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Marquee/103132976459582