Author Topic: THE BAN AND THE BANNED.  (Read 59719 times)

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
Re: THE BAN AND THE BANNED.
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2011, 08:23:33 PM »
Who is ASt?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2011, 10:12:26 PM »
Is that referring to the A Special Thing boards?  That is my only guess, not that I've ever been involved with them, over there.

-Zach (Big Z)

hardweek

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #107 on: August 14, 2011, 10:56:09 PM »
Quote from: Kickthehobo
I bet there are countless wonderful weirdos out there who probably just don't call in b/c the the lines are jammed with regulars.

With the first post-purge show looming, anyone want to set the over/under line on the number "WFMU, you're on the air/Oh, hey, is this me?"s we can look forward to?

JesseFromVegas

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #108 on: August 14, 2011, 11:05:48 PM »
Hey now, I'm from AST and I'm 1000% for this ban.

Wes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2011, 09:51:37 AM »
There should probably be a side bet on how long the first Spike call in this most recent round of Spike On The Clock lasts, too. I have really high hopes for this, as I think - though I could have my Spike Continuity wrong - the last round of Timed Spike eventually led us to the birth of Weirdos Exposed.

Personally, I'd like to see Spike show a sign of respect towards Tom's good faith move of not imposing a ban by coming up with a new greeting for his calls. Retiring "Heeeeeeeeellllllloooooooo" would be a dynamic sign of an exciting NewSpike Era, a Spike2.0.
This may be the year I will disappear.

Steeley Chris

« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2011, 10:34:25 AM »
Personally, I'd like to see Spike show a sign of respect towards Tom's good faith move of not imposing a ban by coming up with a new greeting for his calls. Retiring "Heeeeeeeeellllllloooooooo" would be a dynamic sign of an exciting NewSpike Era, a Spike2.0.
"Heeeeeeeeellllllloooooooo, Tom" was way better that "Ahhh, Scharpling" or whatever he's been doing for the past year plus.
"Dad gets mad."

Matt

• Space Champion!
« Reply #111 on: August 15, 2011, 10:52:19 AM »
There should probably be a side bet on how long the first Spike call in this most recent round of Spike On The Clock lasts, too.

I give it fourteen seconds.

I give "The Ban" about two weeks.
It ain't ego, it's my love for you.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #112 on: August 15, 2011, 11:07:51 AM »
Also, time to trade in that Vincent Price laugh on a new model.  Perhaps a nervous, high-pitched giggle?
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

betheboy

« Reply #113 on: August 15, 2011, 12:11:07 PM »
There should probably be a side bet on how long the first Spike call in this most recent round of Spike On The Clock lasts, too. I have really high hopes for this, as I think - though I could have my Spike Continuity wrong - the last round of Timed Spike eventually led us to the birth of Weirdos Exposed.

I expect that Tom's intro of Spike will last longer than Spike's speaking portion of the call.

not that clay

« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2011, 11:51:23 AM »
I expect that Tom's intro of Spike will last longer than Spike's speaking portion of the call.

Let's hope. A while ago Tom had me crying when he kept cutting Spike off during a super long Spike intro.

stepheninchicago

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #115 on: August 17, 2011, 03:24:36 PM »
Tom!

i hit you on twitter about this!

how long is my ban?

also anyone who is mad about this? they're putting their own priorities OVER the natural organic flow of the show.

seaurchindestroy

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2011, 04:13:03 PM »
i love the ban!

Litiot

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #117 on: August 17, 2011, 05:10:10 PM »
"No good you say? Well that's good enough for me, You're the same kind of bad as me"
  - Tom Waits

How long is Tom Waits banned for?

Alex_from_the_woods

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #118 on: August 17, 2011, 06:44:18 PM »
I haven't called since last December. Please sentence me to time served (8 months!).

This might seem pointless but I desperately need the kind of street cred that only time in the joint can provide. I'm begging, Tom.
Orange You Glad I Didn't Say Exsanguination?

MikeInManhattan

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #119 on: August 18, 2011, 02:15:50 PM »
50backflips is a snitch.