Author Topic: Post Your Desktop  (Read 32329 times)

Sarah

Re: Post Your Desktop
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2007, 07:30:25 AM »
Sarah, where was your desktop photo taken¿

It's a shot of Corfe Castle, in Dorset, where one of my zombie pals (i.e., a fellow who plays the same zombie game I do) went rock climbing last weekend.  He just happened to send me a link to all his vacation snaps just after I posted my appallingly dull original desktop here, and I liked that particular picture so much I decided to adopt it.  There were some other neat photos of sheer limestone cliffs rearing out of the water in dramatic fashion, but the one of the castle wowed me the most.

P.S. On behalf of the photographer, I thank you, Purple-Shirt.

P.P.S.  Scarlett Johansson looks far less drunk than the woman sprawling on Bruce's desktop.

Jason

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2007, 10:49:39 AM »
bookem_dan-o, fellow Louis Theroux appreciator here, probably another one for Sarah's list.

[youtube=425,350]9iKneDAFin4[/youtube]

Too embarassed to post my desktop as I'm so disorganised it is just filled with icons, most of which I have no clue as to their origin. I can reveal I have Annie Leibovitz's amazing picture of the Queen as my background.

Sarah

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2007, 11:17:12 AM »
[youtube=425,350]9iKneDAFin4[/youtube]

What a wonderful woman!  An appropriate clip for Mother's Day.  An example to us all.

I did laugh when she asks her poor kid what a nonpracticing "fag" who supports "fags" is, and he replied questioningly, "A dyke?" 

Laurie

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2007, 02:07:07 PM »
I love Swedes.

[youtube=425,350]Z-VWYnOiNsA[/youtube]

Jason

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2007, 03:45:37 PM »
I love Swedes.

Me too.

[youtube=425,350]pRtVJhHqrnw[/youtube]

Dan B

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2007, 06:37:17 PM »

What a wonderful woman!  An appropriate clip for Mother's Day.  An example to us all.

I did laugh when she asks her poor kid what a nonpracticing "fag" who supports "fags" is, and he replied questioningly, "A dyke?" 

I just watched the full episode.  Pretty fucking unbelievable.

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2007, 02:14:08 AM »

Girlfriend Shmirlfriend.

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2007, 02:30:20 AM »
Dan McCarthy rules...

And for some crazy reason, whenever I open that folder above the Brasseye folder, I wake up with my face on the keyboard.

Half of the applications in Mel's dock don't actually exist:  He's just upping his podcast-cred; lording it over us slobs.

I kid, of course.
And covet! >:(

bookem_dan-o

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2007, 03:25:01 AM »
Half of the applications in Mel's dock don't actually exist:  He's just upping his podcast-cred; lording it over us slobs.

It's all I have, in lieu of a girlfriend...sob :(  Mr. "Smells Like Festering Roadkill" pretty much hit it right on the money. I actually do use all those apps at least once a week, in all seriousness. I've actually purchased most of them, which is a strange phenomenon I've noticed ever since I switched my personal machines over to the Mac (I was a 100% warez d00d, back when I was Windows loooser). I'll leave you to guess which ones I'm still...err..."evaluating". :P

Oh and where can I send you the cease and desist notice for your FoT Forum signature? :P

(unless of course I'm so totally out of the loop with FoT Forum happenings that I didn't realize that you had that in your sig before I did, in which case I'll just go back to using inappropriately large JPEGs of my cats and my rice-rocket as my signature)

bookem_dan-o

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2007, 03:44:34 AM »

I just watched the full episode.  Pretty fucking unbelievable.

It was this episode that initially got me hooked on Louis.

I went in watching it, totally expecting a trainwreck, but at the end I found myself actually thinking to myself, "other than the fact that they are homo-hating lunatics who cause a lot of people who don't deserve it a LOT of emotional misery...the Phelps family members aren't nearly as bad as I thought they'd be."

I'm amazed that Louis Theroux manages to sustain the trust of complete wackos like that for such long periods of time (even with all the rolling cameras and microphones) despite the fact that he constantly questions the sanity and beliefs of these very same people. His show about American neo-Nazi's is great...watching Louis get Tom Metzger to admit that he thinks he could get "10 times" more women to paw themselves than Denzel Washington could is a total hoot. And the scene where he shares popsicles with Tom in his kitchen reminded me of the cognitive dissonance I experienced when I first saw Ozzy's egg cooking scene in Decline II. He's absolutely brilliant.

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2007, 02:34:38 PM »
Oh and where can I send you the cease and desist notice for your FoT Forum signature? :P

I don't know which of us rocked the Rich Hall signature first, but it seems as though we thought of it independently of each other. A 6-year-old bit! Neat!
I'll change mine, though.  You've got seniority around here, and when you control the Best Show podcast, you control... information!

bruce

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2007, 03:14:32 PM »

Girlfriend Shmirlfriend.
Hey Dorvid switch to Transmisson instead of that memory hog Azureus. Plus its got a cooler icon instead of a blue frog. Its the gear shift thing on my desktop. Plus Transmission is a mac built.

Wish I transfered my version of fetch over also from my old computer but I really dont use FTP anymore.

Laurie

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2007, 03:41:56 PM »
Ooh, I'll have to check out Transmission.

bookem_dan-o

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2007, 04:31:12 PM »
Transmission is a great app, other than the fact that it's banned on virtually every bittorrent tracker that's worth a damn.

So there's still a good reason to keep Azureus around if you're a Mac dweeb.

just sayin'

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2007, 04:34:14 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up about Transmission.

Fetch has a free trial period that seems to never actually end. 
After a few months, they make you wait a minute or so before "extending" your trial, but that's it. 
Wacky.  I'm assuming it's slower than the paid version, though.