Author Topic: The Return of The Best Show  (Read 91799 times)

RHB

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: The Return of The Best Show
« Reply #375 on: December 02, 2014, 08:56:56 PM »
That would be quite fitting. Can't wait for the return!

tonyh

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #376 on: December 03, 2014, 02:37:45 PM »
The show ended on Dec 18 at midnight. It'd be kind of fitting if it came back almost an entire year later on the 16th.

So people are assuming that the new show will be on Tuesdays again. Has this been announced? And do we know that it will still be weekly?

Personally (and I realize my opinion on this means absolutely nothing), I would like to see a less frequent format, maybe once or twice a month. I found that most Tuesdays I was either unable to listen, or there were distractions in my house that caused me to miss things, so I had to go back and listen to the podcast. With a new show every week it was easy to get way behind with the podcasts. Plus not having the show every week would mean when the show did air, it would be extra special.

timmx

• Policemans heel
« Reply #377 on: December 03, 2014, 02:59:27 PM »
Personally (and I realize my opinion on this means absolutely nothing), I would like to see a less frequent format, maybe once or twice a month.  Plus not having the show every week would mean when the show did air, it would be extra special.

I'd like to have the show on as much as possible. Not having it for a year is enough to make any quantity of Best Show special enough for me.

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #378 on: December 03, 2014, 03:52:56 PM »
The show ended on Dec 18 at midnight. It'd be kind of fitting if it came back almost an entire year later on the 16th.

So people are assuming that the new show will be on Tuesdays again. Has this been announced? And do we know that it will still be weekly?

Tom confirmed that it would air on Tuesdays.  I believe he mentioned this on Mr. Prevenas's podcast.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

jimakaclark

• Policemans heel
« Reply #379 on: December 03, 2014, 03:57:55 PM »
Tom called into my radio show today. TRAMPLED UNDER FOOT WITH NATHAN THOMAS.

I really liked your interview, good job!

tonyh

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #380 on: December 03, 2014, 05:03:20 PM »

Tom confirmed that it would air on Tuesdays.  I believe he mentioned this on Mr. Prevenas's podcast.

Thanks Omar. Did he also mention what time it would air? Still 9-midnight ET? I seem to remember Tom not being happy when WFMU changed the schedule to 9-12 from 8-11 pm, so maybe he will want to do the new show earlier?

justinmh05

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #381 on: December 03, 2014, 06:52:07 PM »

Thanks Omar. Did he also mention what time it would air? Still 9-midnight ET? I seem to remember Tom not being happy when WFMU changed the schedule to 9-12 from 8-11 pm, so maybe he will want to do the new show earlier?

Tom said on that same podcast that it will start at 9pm and will go until whenever he feels like finishing. He said he doesn't ever see it going less than three hours, but he's open to shows longer than three hours.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #382 on: December 03, 2014, 07:15:51 PM »

I seem to remember Tom not being happy when WFMU changed the schedule to 9-12 from 8-11 pm, so maybe he will want to do the new show earlier?
I know, I wasn't happy when they switched to 9 P.M..
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

JesseFromVegas

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #383 on: December 03, 2014, 07:16:28 PM »

Tom said on that same podcast that it will start at 9pm and will go until whenever he feels like finishing. He said he doesn't ever see it going less than three hours, but he's open to shows longer than three hours.

I've been listening to a lot of the old 6 hours show and this news makes me very, very happy

The Gentleman Gh0st

• Policemans heel
« Reply #384 on: December 03, 2014, 11:16:52 PM »
I'm about to sit back and listen to some pre-#BestShow2014 Hype!!  Tom was on a WPRB's radio show hosted by Jon Solomon for a 2 hour (!) talk today, which has been archived here: http://keepingscoreathome.com/?p=2467

via Solomon's twitter: https://twitter.com/comedyminusone/status/540351142962929664
"If peeves were pets I was an animal hoarder at this thing"

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #385 on: December 04, 2014, 07:42:04 AM »

I seem to remember Tom not being happy when WFMU changed the schedule to 9-12 from 8-11 pm, so maybe he will want to do the new show earlier?

I, too, prefer an 8-11 Best Show, but so it goes.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

agent_jimmy

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #386 on: December 04, 2014, 09:38:22 AM »
i listened to tom on that mike and the girl (?) show yesterday and there was no real news about the return of the show.

i didn't really enjoy the show that much. it was a guy trying to be 'edgy' and a girl laughing at it all. seemed like a podcast version of howard stern. if anyone is on the fence about listening to it i'd say go 'head and skip it. but those extra clicks gotta help tom out a little bit somehow so maybe click it.

it's KEITH and the girl. you can listen here....

http://www.keithandthegirl.com/Show-Detail/3563/The-Best-Show.aspx

JesseG.

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #387 on: December 04, 2014, 11:03:48 AM »
halfway through listening to the John Solomon interview. I really love hearing Tom outside of The Best Show, talking about the show from his perspective. I actually love hearing him talk about anything. He seems like such a solid dude.
@hedrinksgas

Jason from Huntsville, AL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #388 on: December 04, 2014, 02:29:49 PM »

An 8-11 Best Show is one of the perks of living in the Central Time Zone.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #389 on: December 04, 2014, 03:37:24 PM »

An 8-11 Best Show is one of the perks of living in the Central Time Zone.

I may have to consider moving!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."