Author Topic: Picture Thread  (Read 944875 times)

Jason from Huntsville, AL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Picture Thread
« Reply #1635 on: July 22, 2012, 01:55:51 AM »

Find van monkey plan #203: Decoy monkey.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

Kevin from Pittsburgh

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1636 on: August 11, 2012, 12:28:11 AM »
From older show discussions about the Lord of the Rings trilogy and Tom's critique of certain similarities between the Eye of Sauron and you know what:

I'm sorry
Does anybody have the new issue of Wizard?  Mike is getting his issue of Wizard from his bag.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1637 on: August 24, 2012, 12:14:15 AM »
At the risk of exposing you to my fat ugly face again, my pride requires I post this picture. And oh sure, Todd Barry, Neil Hamburger, and Brendon Walsh were all standing about 15 feet to the left of Andy, but we were drawn to the Queen of Rock.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1638 on: August 24, 2012, 12:20:12 AM »
Somehow you've gotten younger looking, Dave. 

I saw them in Raleigh - someone from Superchunk was there, according to their Twitter feed, but not our hero.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1639 on: August 24, 2012, 12:27:09 AM »
Somehow you've gotten younger looking, Dave. 

I saw them in Raleigh - someone from Superchunk was there, according to their Twitter feed, but not our hero.

The fat pushes out the wrinkles, and I have slavishly hung on to the same haircut now for almost 40 years. I need to lose 120 pounds, but it would age me 70 years.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1640 on: August 24, 2012, 09:14:21 AM »
That's a nice picture of y'all. Coco/The Ettes were playing at a comedy show? Or she was there as a fan?

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1641 on: August 24, 2012, 02:26:50 PM »
She saw them the night before in Nashville, and enjoyed them so much she drove over to Knoxville to see them again (dove-tailed with another matter too, I understand.) I can not even describe what a sweetheart she is; she treated us like long-lost cousins, and is an all-out devotee of the Best Show and FOT nation. Nice from minute one. Got to talk to Todd and Neil, briefly, too. (Brendon kind of breezed out for a smoke break, so only exchanged nods with him.) Such a thrill all around, and the show was great.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1642 on: August 24, 2012, 02:30:05 PM »
I have mentioned to a couple of folks, it's disorienting to see Neil in his stage garb, floating around talking in a normal conversational voice. They had a sealed copy of his record of country songs on display; he said he wished he had a few of them, but it was long out of print. So if any of ya'll have a few you could get your hands on, he would be grateful if you could hook him up, I bet.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1643 on: August 24, 2012, 10:30:43 PM »
I told Todd I heard him a lot on the Best Show and he said he enjoyed doing the show a lot. 

I was extremely disappointed with my performance, but it was a pretty long line right by the door.

The opener (Brendon Walsh) was funny, but it's amazing to see the difference in flow and audience reaction between a guy finding his way in comedy and a seasoned pro from Florida like Todd Barry.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1644 on: August 25, 2012, 09:06:08 AM »
I told Todd I heard him a lot on the Best Show and he said he enjoyed doing the show a lot. 

I was extremely disappointed with my performance, but it was a pretty long line right by the door.

The opener (Brendon Walsh) was funny, but it's amazing to see the difference in flow and audience reaction between a guy finding his way in comedy and a seasoned pro from Florida like Todd Barry.
Todd Barry was the drummer in The Chant for a couple of years.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

patrickroddy

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #1645 on: September 09, 2012, 07:01:09 PM »

I made this Best Show inspired stained glass. It was my first attempt at stained glass and it turned out surprisingly well.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1646 on: September 10, 2012, 09:32:31 AM »

I made this Best Show inspired stained glass. It was my first attempt at stained glass and it turned out surprisingly well.

Well done!

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1647 on: September 10, 2012, 10:00:21 AM »
Winner

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1648 on: September 10, 2012, 10:21:59 AM »

You have a future, kid!
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Kevin from Pittsburgh

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1649 on: September 14, 2012, 04:35:08 AM »
Does anybody have the new issue of Wizard?  Mike is getting his issue of Wizard from his bag.