Author Topic: Hate Pit Continued  (Read 75681 times)

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
Re: Hate Pit Continued
« Reply #315 on: February 28, 2008, 10:11:57 AM »
Soon as I get to work, and 45 minutes before the first class, I have a 44 ounce unsweetened ice tea. I moved away from Diet Coke when my stomach lining started to dissolve.

emma

« Reply #316 on: February 28, 2008, 12:42:41 PM »
I was never ever allowed to have pop at home (or, presumably, outside of it) until grade seven. Then I started going to a school that allowed us to leave the premises at lunchtime and in the breaks between periods. Every day, after first period, I would go to the 7-11 across the street and get a pepsi, and because I had absolutely no tolerance for caffeine, it would usually power me through until the end of the day.

The sugar started to get to me, though, so now I fuel my caffeine addiction with a few cups of tea every morning. By the time I hit 20, I don't think I'll even have a stomach lining anymore.

Emily

• Space Champion!
« Reply #317 on: February 28, 2008, 07:54:13 PM »
oh no!
sorry about that ladies and gents. i'm not hate-ditching any of you. drink and be merry.

it's just my former supervisor drank soda in the morning and now my new/current supervisor drinks soda in the morning, and i just find it a little off-putting. it seems a bit unhealthy, and it's just not something i crave - so i don't totally get it.

it probably doesn't help that i'm not completely enthusiastic about being/having been supervised by either of them, so it's an added ick factor to an already unsatisfactory experience.

now people who eat yogurt on the subway in the morning - THEY'RE SO GOING IN MY HATE PIT DITCH*!

so far there's only one - the guy who STOOD on the R train this morning STIRRING his stupid yogurt and then eating it with a plastic spoon. can't wait to get to the office, huh? just have to have to have that yogurt right now? weirdo.

i'm not into food on the subway - or on any public transportation system (exceptions being planes & some boats), and anything that requires a utensil (with the exception of maybe ice cream) should probably be eaten in a more traditional setting (and by traditional i mean stationary and preferably seated).

those are my views. feel free to disagree or suggest amendments, etc.

*again, i over-shot a little with the pit-throwing.

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #318 on: February 28, 2008, 08:13:04 PM »
what about go-gurt?

Emily

• Space Champion!
« Reply #319 on: February 28, 2008, 10:39:31 PM »
heh. go-gurt.

but that's a good concept for a go-gurt commerical:

"tired of your yogurt runoff spilling onto your suit - on your morning commute? try go-gurt!"

or something.

Emily

• Space Champion!
« Reply #320 on: February 28, 2008, 10:41:13 PM »
or: don't let yogurt get your goat, try go-gurt!

dania

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #321 on: February 28, 2008, 10:41:32 PM »
I drink beer in the morning, then I eat salad on the bus.  It's just one of those wake-up routines y'know?

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #322 on: February 28, 2008, 11:06:56 PM »
They arrest you for drinking beer on the subways now, even in a paper bag.  So I get around this by pouring a beer onto my salad and eating it on the train.  With my hands.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #323 on: February 28, 2008, 11:15:27 PM »
that's called an Irish Lettuce Wrap.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #324 on: February 28, 2008, 11:36:44 PM »
go-gurt is really good frozen. try it. you won't be disappointed.

Jason

« Reply #325 on: February 28, 2008, 11:51:49 PM »
They arrest you for drinking beer on the subways now, even in a paper bag.  So I get around this by pouring a beer onto my salad and eating it on the train.  With my hands.

I heard that when a policeman asked Brendan Behan what he thought he was doing drinking beer outside the Empire State Building he replied he was mourning the death of King Kong.

Matt

• Space Champion!
« Reply #326 on: February 29, 2008, 12:17:07 AM »
what about go-gurt?

Ugh. The concept of sucking purple yogurt from those tube-things repulses me, as does the trend of sucking food from tubes in general. That's probably why, unlike other kids, I could never warm up to those popsicles that came in the clear plastic wrappers and were about the size of a big novelty pencil. The name of them escapes me.*

Get some real yogurt, and get a real popsicle, and you'll be much happier.

* In an attempt to find a picture of these popsicles, I searched the phrase "suck pops" in Google Images. Please, do not do this.**

** Unless your name is Laurie. Then, by all means, go ahead.
It ain't ego, it's my love for you.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #327 on: February 29, 2008, 01:09:52 AM »
what about go-gurt?

Ugh. The concept of sucking purple yogurt from those tube-things repulses me, as does the trend of sucking food from tubes in general. That's probably why, unlike other kids, I could never warm up to those popsicles that came in the clear plastic wrappers and were about the size of a big novelty pencil. The name of them escapes me.*

Fla-vor-ice, if I recall.  I don't know what the weird spelling was about - maybe they couldn't legally call it flavor?

I have to ask, though, are you constantly outraged by IV drips?

Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Matt

• Space Champion!
« Reply #328 on: February 29, 2008, 01:16:57 AM »
what about go-gurt?

Fla-vor-ice, if I recall.  I don't know what the weird spelling was about - maybe they couldn't legally call it flavor?

I have to ask, though, are you constantly outraged by IV drips?

CONSTANTLY.
It ain't ego, it's my love for you.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #329 on: February 29, 2008, 01:37:00 PM »

I'm embarrassed to write this, but I was in a rap group in college called Fla-vor-ice.  We *definitely* couldn't legally claim to having flavor.

But hey, we won a local rap contest...in Burlington, VT.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling