Author Topic: Hate Pit Continued  (Read 75680 times)

dania

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Hate Pit Continued
« Reply #330 on: March 02, 2008, 04:10:30 PM »
They arrest you for drinking beer on the subways now, even in a paper bag.  So I get around this by pouring a beer onto my salad and eating it on the train.  With my hands.

T'would be a wise investment to get one of those magic bullet things in order to make beer-salad smoothies in the morning.  Throw some raspberry vinagrette dressing, croutons, and bacon bits in there and you're golden! 

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #331 on: March 02, 2008, 06:55:33 PM »
That'll save me a lot of money on Beer-N'-Bacon smoothies.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Sarah

« Reply #332 on: March 04, 2008, 08:24:50 AM »
Hey, emily, it's 8:23 a.m. and I'm drinking a Coke.  It's doing wonders for my head. 

I will follow up with coffee. 

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #333 on: March 04, 2008, 08:52:51 AM »
I'm on my second 20 oz Diet Pepsi Max (with ginseng), although to be fair, today was one of my "wake up worrying at 2:30 and go in to work) days.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #334 on: March 07, 2008, 10:18:21 AM »
I am generally not a malicious person, but I want to see these people fall...right into the Hate Pit.

http://dinnerinthesky.com/popup_events/finance.htm

Up comes a cloud of broken monocles and military contracts.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #335 on: March 07, 2008, 10:27:55 AM »
I am generally not a malicious person, but I want to see these people fall...right into the Hate Pit.

Ew, brother.  I'm glad I don't cater-waiter anymore.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

KickTheBobo

« Reply #336 on: March 07, 2008, 10:29:42 AM »
Who has time for sit-down meals anymore? In a time of frenetic lifestyles, a meal these days must pass the litmus test of portability. And with Americans increasingly chowing down on their way to work, school and play who has time for such time-honored traditions as tableware and plates? It's a concept that Breakstone Foods of Columbus, Ohio took to comic extremes with the debut of IncrEdibles--a frozen line of microwavable pastas and scrambled egg combos sold in "push-up" style pops. Marketers fired off tongue-in-cheek "protest letters" on American Utensils & Plates Manufacturer's Assoc. letterhead urging a boycott. "This is preposterous. An outrage...People have been eating pasta for over 3,000 years while seated at a table (or a stone) using a plate, fork and spoon," wrote Ivan M. Nyephenfark, the group's president. Robert Berman, Breakaway Foods president and IncrEdibles inventor, who was inspired by his daughter's playful twists with spaghetti and a breadstick, said sales are already brisk. Berman expect s the line to hit vending channels next year. "This is the biggest new food innovation since TV dinners."

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #337 on: March 07, 2008, 11:01:24 AM »
Jesus wept.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #338 on: March 07, 2008, 11:03:18 AM »
Ron Paul supporters (who would otherwise be liberals) who post endless MySpace bulletins and YouTube videos. Just shut up and vote for him already if you really want to.
from the land of pleasant living

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #339 on: March 07, 2008, 11:39:14 AM »
Who has time for sit-down meals anymore? In a time of frenetic lifestyles, a meal these days must pass the litmus test of portability. And with Americans increasingly chowing down on their way to work, school and play who has time for such time-honored traditions as tableware and plates? It's a concept that Breakstone Foods of Columbus, Ohio took to comic extremes with the debut of IncrEdibles--a frozen line of microwavable pastas and scrambled egg combos sold in "push-up" style pops. Marketers fired off tongue-in-cheek "protest letters" on American Utensils & Plates Manufacturer's Assoc. letterhead urging a boycott. "This is preposterous. An outrage...People have been eating pasta for over 3,000 years while seated at a table (or a stone) using a plate, fork and spoon," wrote Ivan M. Nyephenfark, the group's president. Robert Berman, Breakaway Foods president and IncrEdibles inventor, who was inspired by his daughter's playful twists with spaghetti and a breadstick, said sales are already brisk. Berman expect s the line to hit vending channels next year. "This is the biggest new food innovation since TV dinners."

A failure pop on a sadness stick.

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #340 on: March 07, 2008, 12:17:36 PM »
A failure pop on a sadness stick.

Which will be marketed as, and proudly adopted by a large number of people as, an awesome pile on a victory stick.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #341 on: March 07, 2008, 01:10:01 PM »
Weird. They started marketing incredibles like 9 years ago. I used to have a t-shirt with the macaroni failure stick on it but I lost it.
from the land of pleasant living

Matt

• Space Champion!
« Reply #342 on: March 07, 2008, 01:23:26 PM »

This is so completely idiotic that it's kind of awesome.

I will never consume one of these Pasta Pops, but I don't wish them ill. Godspeed, IncrEdibles!
It ain't ego, it's my love for you.

Laurie

« Reply #343 on: March 07, 2008, 01:54:36 PM »

That's horrible. Please don't hate on Outstanding in the Field. It's a destination art/culinary event type thing. I've attended four, and each one surpassed by expectations. I've been to a lot of restaurants in my short life, and I don't think I've had a better dining experience or dinner outside of Jim Denevan's dining events. It's a very NPR-listening, Whole Foods-shopping bourgeois kind of thing, but I love it.

I'm excited to see Miami is on their preliminary 2008 tour. October can't come soon enough.

Sploops

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #344 on: March 07, 2008, 02:08:27 PM »
I know it's been said before but I really really hate Dennis Miller.  And on the otherside of the coin I find Bill Maher repellent.  If reptilians exist he surely is one.